• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do you guys make friends?

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
Years
  • I was very lucky making friends as a kid. I was always a loner and one day in my 11th grade year a 10th grade female approached me in gym class. I was dressed real emo back then and sitting all by myself. She started talking to me. From that day forth I never had a issue making friends in real life. She introduced me to a couple people and those people introduced me to there friends and so forth. By the end of 11th grade I knew over 100 people in my area due to her. On the internet though I don't seem to make many friends. I may post a lot and have discussions but I am the type of person who would rather have someone approach me if there interested in being friends. I don't really approach other people.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I try to be pretty joking or open with most people, since jokes tend to break some ice. If I can make people laugh, or at least smirk or smile, it's a good start. I do that with most people, and if it's coworkers or customers I can get along with them pretty well or get somewhat close to them. Though, the types of people that I actually take in as close friends are usually fellow nerds. xD By that I mean, people that are in the same fandoms as me, or that I met at conventions, and etc.

I can get along with most people, but it's hard to get super close if we don't have at least one or two things in common, obviously.

Sirfetch’d

I casually wait for them to approach me and start a conversation. Honestly, I have a had time with this because offline I am incredibly shy. Once I am approached I can have a conversation and befriend quite easily. I just refuse to initiate it D:

Online I just start taking because I am just more outgoing for some reason ^.^

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • I usually just trying to start or get involved in a conversation with them . If I noticed they have something in common with me; for example say they're wearing a Pokemon shirt, I'll bring that up and trying talking about that interest for a while.I have a hard time making friends in real life though, cause I'm pretty shy. Also in high school I didn't try making friends with most people in my school cause most of the people there were the exact opposite of me and had no common interest. Online it's easier cause I can just VM, PM or send a message on chat and I'm more open.

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2015
    I've been at college, for three years now, two of those years I've had to make ''friends''

This has been my successful plan:
    A. Find a group.
    B. See if they match your social interest.
    C. Introduce yourself.
    D. Follow them till you slowly sink into their group.

Years
  • I approach them, and if they're new to me, I introduce myself to them (I don't do it here though.)
    I was shy, well, that was before. Now I can easily approach anyone in my sight.
    I usually ignore a lot of people... to keep them from knowing the truth about me...

Oh, and I usually make friends with them if we have something in common, like a hobby or something.

DarkLatias

Just call me Latias
    Years
  • I tend to be quite shy and I don't really approach people outside the internet. The only way I make friends offline (This is actually pretty rare for me.) is when I am paired up with them in school, the person and I will eventually find something in common and become friends.

As for online I tend to find it easier to approach people sometimes I just say something completely random/weird and I make friends.

LoudSilence

more like uncommon sense
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Aug 7, 2016
    I dunno, can't say it's really deliberate or anything. You're bound to make friends unless you absolutely refuse to speak to anyone.

Nneuroxin

Shall Mote It Be!
    Years
  • I was never good at making friends, I've always been a sort of weirdo reject that was never good at befriending and keeping people as friends. I'm rather shy, and a bit dramatic at the same time. Most people get sick of me. I'm awkward with making friends, I usually let people befriend me, because I'm too shy to befriend people myself

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • This is such a weird question for me to answer because I really have no idea. I think back to all the friends I've made over the years and I genuinely cannot remember how I made a single one of them. I don't remember our first meeting or when we actually became friends. My thought on that is that making friends doesn't come from a conscious effort, it's just sort of an organic process.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
  • I tend to be quite shy and I don't really approach people outside the internet. The only way I make friends offline (This is actually pretty rare for me.) is when I am paired up with them in school, the person and I will eventually find something in common and become friends.

As for online I tend to find it easier to approach people sometimes I just say something completely random/weird and I make friends.

I don't think I need to say anything else. Same here :)

Years
  • I don't. I wait for people to approach me. I suck at approaches anyway. Also, how do I purposely make friends with someone? I can't bring myself to do that.

Kawaii Shoujo Duskull

The Cutest Duskull
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2023
    I'm really shy in real life and on the internet. I mean its really hard to interact with others and I'm always afraid I'll mess up and drive somebody I wanna befriend away somehow or something. lol I can usually get along with those that I've got something in common with though.

I've got no idea how I made what friends I've got though. :P

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
    Years
  • I tend to just talk to whoever is around me since I'm good at holding conversations and stuff. I'm very thankful that I'm good at that cause I went to a big high school where I knew no one and most people already had cliques and stuff.

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
    Years
  • I make friend by talking with them. Well i don't Became friends with a new classmate till one or 2 months. But after we know each other we become good friends. Basiclly i am good at making friends. I know how to make friends.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Just start talking with someone, and manipulate the conversation into something you both are interested in, so they remember you. Bonus points if they're part of a group, cause if you did your work right, you'll be in that group soon enough.

The way it worked for me specifically in college is this, though. I had my own little group of kids I knew from before college, who introduced me to their friends. Then there was my ex's group of friends. When we got together, our two groups pretty much merged into one (wow, I just realized that we were so central towards that. Heh.) I also hosted the first game of Assassin during that time, which added a few more people into the mix. We all just became friends. It's pretty amazing in retrospect.

Back