• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen How do you reacted to Latias/Latios random appear??

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
Years
  • When I first stumbled across Latias, I wasn't too surprised. I had already prepared for it with a Trapinch with Arena Trap. After about 8 or 9 Ultra Balls I caught it, then promptly kept in the storage system.

Years
  • Hi everybody!! i want you to share your first experience when you see this pokemons appear
    Mine was like WTF?? what is this red werid pokemon?? in the shock i attacked latias but luckly i didn't kill her and i started to hunt her down immediatley

Just so you know, the color you chose for text is an eye sore and hard to read.

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2016
    I really like the two Pokémon but feel like their constant inclusion in later games dwindles their uniqueness. Is there really any need to have them in HG/SS and BW2?

I like Latios more as I was a Ruby player originally but until I got my hands on an Eon Ticket (which I still use), after that I certainly like Latias. I like Red over Blue generally so there :)

Years
  • I don't even remember my first time encountering it, to be honest, but it was a surprise finding it. I did come to find out how to get it easily, though, by using Repels with Level 40 > Pokémon and chuck that Master Ball. Not very enjoyable chasing it.

dresden_88

Warden
    Years
  • first time i saw latias, i think i was in awe. "a legendary pokemon that is as awesome and adorable as mew??", then i metaphorically S**t bricks when it ran away. i ended up doing a ton of research to try and figure out how to track her down and catch her. in one word to describe how i solved the latias problem....wobbuffet.

wobbuffet is love. wobbuffet is life....wobbuffet gets the awesome pokemon ^_^

Years
  • I freaked out! Back then I didn't really use the internet for figuring game-related things out so I didn't know what to expect at all. Luckily I kept my Master Ball because otherwise my first time trying to catch the darn thing would've been painful. xD;

Years
  • I was whining for the longest time about not finding one, then in the middle of Cacnea hunting a Latios appeared on my screen, and I was so shocked I couldn't even say anything. I was so, so happy that I had saved my master ball for that moment. I like Latias better, but still it was an amazing moment :')

Years
  • "Doo dee doo, la la la la" *whistles innocently* *suddenly wild Pokemon* "Oh what it is now?" "OH SHI- ADFSAFAGADAASGHASFGDASGADSFDASFHASGASGAS-"

Yeah, that was pretty much my reaction.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I had no information on third-generation Pokémon at all when I first began playing Ruby; when I'd encountered Latios for the first time, I immediately thought that it was an alternate form of Lugia, or at least related to it in some way. It was definitely intriguing. After doing some research, however, I was able to figure out that it wasn't. As far as Latias goes, it was pretty exciting to encounter. I mightn't have been as hyped, but it was still a fun experience nonetheless! Did manage to get a hold of them both at some point, but it took me a long, long time.

Years
  • when i first encountered latias, it look like a giant bird. I'm about to hit run, gladly i got a glimpse at it. I got some huge stock of ultraball and a lv 70 scizor with false swipe. My heart start beating faster and faster, sweat fell from my forehead and adrealine was pumping. When i got no more than 4 ultraball, i finally caught it.

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2017
    I went insane, I wasn't trying to find Latias at that moment. I was originally going after Febass. Good thing I had my lvl 80 Trapinch. :)

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2023
    "OH WHAT THE HELL WHAT HOW WHY"
    that's how I reacted. not much more to say haha

Years
  • I pretty much reacted the same way I did with any other random encounter I have.. I got excited and said "oh my god!!" to myself and just tried to see what I could do before it fled.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I knew about Latias before I encountered it, and actively hunted from it before I ever ran into it. Since it couldn't Roar or drive me out of battle without fleeing (unlike the gen 2 roamers), I just brought a Pokemon with me that could trap it and captured it on my first encounter. Either that, or I might have just flung a Master Ball at it; I don't quite remember. In any event, I wasn't all that surprised to find it. My first encounter with Raikou in Gold, on the other hand...

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I don't remember being shocked or confused or anything so I think I kinda knew it was coming. By then I had probably already accessed the internet, so it's possible that's the reason. That or I have a really bad memory. If I didn't know about the Lati twins, I probably would have felt really excited because of the music change and panicked when it fled because I think I would have thought I'd never see it again.

Back