• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How have you changed?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I don't really know how much I changed, other than the typical "I matured and everything". Though what I do know is that I have switched where I usually hang out on PC, and the fact that I do try to be more... active in more threads, so to speak? I'm also more "open", though this is a good and a bad day as since I'm more open, I'm more honest, and sometimes my honesty isn't... the greatest thing in the world. Also with being more open, I tend to show how I feel more, rather than always feeling happy, or neutral to things.

But yeah. I've changed... a bit? I mean, I don't want to say that I didn't change at all because I know I did, but... it's hard to depict how exactly I was. I'll simply say "Mature yet more straight forward".

Years
    Hmmm. The only really noticeable difference for me is that i sort of care about my post count now, i want to contribute and engage in the community more. Ive also started to branch out into the forums not named "Trade Corner" or "Battle Stadium"

MancerNecro

the reverse necromancer
    Years
    Well, I just joined PC not too long ago but here's how I've changed over the time I've spent on internet forums:

When I first started, I was a noob, kept asking questions, annoying other people by accidents because of mistakes and stuff like that.

Now, I know more internet phrases, how not to make stupid (and I mean stupid) mistakes and also, I've become less shy and ask less questions like I'm a complete kid (lol). So yeah, I've changed. And being on the forums made me use "Righto" more often cause that's what the people on the RP I was at kept using.

Graceful

あぁ、たいさ!♥
    Years
    When I first joined I used to use "u" instead of "you" and didn't care about my grammar. Then I think I realized I needed to change my grammar. Then I got more into making graphics and watching anime.
    In real life, I've just got alot weirder and more anime obsessed as well as music obsessed.

WonderGirl

Bye bye :(
    Years
    Eh, I somewhat changed I think, or not. I just don't know in what ways lol. Maybe I increased my stalking skills. Yes, definitely xD Oh and I'm okay with gays/bisexuals/lesbians now. Good thing. I can't think of anything else that was significant though.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    The same as everyone else really, the u, gr8 etc.. I was a complete noob, but now I guess im more mature n' stuff! XD

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    When I first joined, I was only here for the hacking section, and I didn't feel any connection to the community at all... I'm glad that changed though.

I've always used proper grammar online, unlike what everyone else is saying.

Motsuko Live

... pronounced Mös.
    Years
    LOL! I'm so happy I just found this thread.

Man, when I first joined PC I was rediculous. Pretty sure I was just crazy obsessed with being a mod. I remember going around mini-modding for like, half a year or so to no avail. And I was super ticked when my Feebas Guide didn't get me the position either (LOL). Eventually I was just like 'man, whatever' and started actually making friends and stuff rather than just kissing *** to staff. That's when PC actually became fun for me. I had my ups and downs, but hey - I'm still here, am I not? It's actually been pretty crazy, but I wouldn't change it for anything.

Gardenia101

Official Lurker
    Years
    LOL! I'm so happy I just found this thread.

Man, when I first joined PC I was rediculous. Pretty sure I was just crazy obsessed with being a mod. I remember going around mini-modding for like, half a year or so to no avail. And I was super ticked when my Feebas Guide didn't get me the position either (LOL). Eventually I was just like 'man, whatever' and started actually making friends and stuff rather than just kissing *** to staff. That's when PC actually became fun for me. I had my ups and downs, but hey - I'm still here, am I not? It's actually been pretty crazy, but I wouldn't change it for anything.
    lol, I was kinda like that at first but then I relized that I didn't really care whether or not I was a mod.
    I dropped it quite a while ago.

Motsuko Live

... pronounced Mös.
    Years
    ^

Haha, yeah. I think it's a goal we all have in the back of our minds when we first join, whether we care to admit it or not. ;)

devilicious

dream
    Years
    I was kinda stupid and a bit new to this forum stuff when I joined- and that was actually, like, 6 years ago! People change in 6 years, you know. But well, while I have matured, I didn't lose my personality from back then. Ironically though, inverse to most here, I've become less open about my feelings and stuff due to some hardships and, um, interesting experiences.

Still, I regret nothing!

Since joining here (four days ago?) I think I've become more awesome.

Your postcount was 69 when I read your post- if that was on purpose, I concord, you really have.

Chad -

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2012
    It changed me for the better and for the worse.

My English is now better and I can type full sentences O_o (I was born in Austria). I have something to do other than Facebook and MSN, now. I can't say I matured, because I don't see how I can mature on the Internet, IMO. If I matured, it's probably in RL, anyways.

However, I became less social now and refuse to go out as much I did before. It's not actually this forum's fault, for I am on multiple forums, atm. I stay in my room more and I don't see my family a lot xD

To be completely honest, it was a rather mediocre experience around here.

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    I don't know if I've changed... In all honesty. At least not meteorically... I'll admit... I spent about my first month just kinda poking into trade threads but never really posting because I wasn't sure I had anything acceptable... I always figured I wouldn't have them waste the 5 seconds it would take to tell me no. Now since then I've become a little bolder, but that nagging feeling still keeps hold on me.

In fact, if any of my friends on the site read this, I wonder if they'd be surprised to know that in real life I'm not so well accepted. Which is where the uneasy feeling comes along... I was always scared that I'd just be wasting everyone's time after so many rejections and so often being harassed elsewhere.

When I first joined I guess I believed I'd be treated the same as I'm used to... Harshly.... Aside from the one who referred me to come in the first place. I have made other friends since then... But.. I don't know. I don't want to get too personal. :)

So I don't think I changed too much but it's up to the reader as well, in my opinion.

Exothermic

Keeper of the Hammer
    Years
    Back in 2007, I was rather immature and ya know', the typical 14 year old who has never been on the internet or any forums or community. This made me seem like a noob on many forums. Most of my replies would either be one-word replies or just pointless posts.

Now in 2010, being the 17 year old that I am; I find myself much more reserved and more mature, both in my manner of speech and in my thoughts. I also put thought into my posts these days instead of just posting one-word replies. ;D

Maybe, in 3 years' time, I might become a better individual? xD Who knows, just maybe... :3

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    I'd like to think I've turned both more mature and more talkative at the same time. =P

I've also stopped using smilies like :P and the like. :3

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Aug 28, 2012
    Despite my join date, I first joined in December 2006. I don't think I can list the ways I've changed. I've matured a hell of a lot, I've been through some rough times, and some rougher times. I think essentially, my nearing-four years on PC has matured me and opened my eyes to quite a few key things. PC, as a forum, is not all that great down to its core, but the people on here are very genuine. If they aren't here for the right reasons, chances are the person will stop signing on after just a few days. But I've met a total of 4 people, two of which I've met on more than one occasion. And no, none of them, at any given time, were rapists. They were not a legion of rapists out to get me. And I really respect that from PC, because I truly do feel that PC does not have to worry with the lurking predator.

But, as for myself changing, I'll say it again, I've matured a hell of a lot after my stay at PC. It's really all burning out now, and I don't use PC for nearly the same reasons as I used to, but once you get hooked on something, you get fucking hooked.

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
    I looked at some of my first threads that I created, I realized my grammar was terrible. Therefore, that's the first thing that I noticed a change in since I joined XD.

Also, I wasn't ever real sociable of a person, on PC and in daily life. However, I've noticed a small change in my sociability since I've joined.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    In real life, I've started up kickboxing, weights and athletics. I interact with people differently, in a good way.

Online, I use fullstops now.

Back