• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How have you changed?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    How have you changed from when you first joined? In rl and on here. Have you become more mature? More talkative? More outgoing? etc.

Years
  • Well, IRL I was once afraid of expressing myself, but after I joined clubs and posted on threads for opinions, I've become more straight-forward. Don't know if that's a good thing.

Hantsuki

a little wolf inside a girl
    Years
  • When I first joined, I tried to be more social and my typing wasn't exactly "complete" like it is now. I would type text words like "u" and I didn't follow grammar rules because I thought that's what the Internet is like, but then I eventually started typing properly. I used to use a lot more smilies in my posts, but I've hardly been using them now. I know I used to talk with a whole bunch of people, but now I'm just lurker and I suppose you can say I'm more mature than I was. Or at least more serious.

Same with real life. I would hang out with a big group of friends, but I just don't care to hang out with the crowds anymore and I drifted away from the big groups, so I suppose you can say I'm a loner with acquaintances.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • I guess I have gone a bit more mature and more knowledgeable than I was when I started here. If it wasn't for PC I wouldn't be known as the "CSS Master" despite the fact I'm still learning and improving. I wouldn't have learnt so much GFX if it wasn't for here either

Years
  • Nothing changed at all. I just stopped using emotion icons. I had experience on this kind of forums. The one thing I have fought is my shyness to foreign country people (thanks to Skype Manifesto).

Haonn

hello, zombie ♥
    Years
  • Well, I'm only a member for a short time, so I can't really say that I've changed.
    I mean, on the internet, I always have problems with getting more friends - seriously, I'm really shy on forums - while in real life everyone knows me since I'm pretty popular xs.

I hope I will get over my shyness, tho (:

EmeraldSerenade

babyboy
    Years
  • Honestly, I THINK I've become somewhat more mature and open-minded.

But I remember when I first joined PC(back on my old account), I was VERY social and a little annoying -___- I would send random friend requests and VM's constantly. blah.

In real life, I think I've allowed myself to take criticism now without getting offended easily. I also became a little more outgoing. I've learned to appreciate myself and other people.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I think I've become a bit more social since I started here. Before I would only hang around fan fiction, but as I grew tired of that I became more active elsewhere.

IRL I actually haven't changed too much.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I'm more mature then I was when I joined. I guess that's the right word for it anyway, even though calling myself 'mature' makes me feel cocky somehow. :/ I'm just more laid back now, less nooby. I certainly wouldn't be caught dead posting in green font anymore, and I don't use "........" five times, in all my posts. I also used to double post a lot, and go on about shippings.

I've just gotten older, and it some ways it shows. It other ways, maybe it doesn't. xD

IRL I've changed in the same ways.. not as hyper as I was when I was 16.

Zebeedoo

Always remember to smile. ~
    Years
  • Ehh. I went inactive for nearly a whole year. So I don't really know... but I guess I have changed somewhat. With grammar (ugh, stupid word) and stuff. Irl, I've changed how I look since joining. :x If that counts... I'm a little bit less shy since I came here also. Basically when i came back here in March this year was when I started to 'change'.

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2011
    I'm a new person =D before I came here i didnt want to live much longer and i thought life was... well...
    now I'm happier, I love life and I wanan live forever! =D not because of PC, but because of my Wife =D I met her here so yeah, PC did change me =D

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Oh, where do I even begin?

When I first joined here with my very first account, I was a 16-year-old insult to nature. Until some point last year I'd actually forgotten about that account, only remembering the one I'd had just before this one. Apparently, in the mere 42 posts I'd made, several of them were double posts, nooblet questions, and basically me making an ass of myself/freaking out about Vegeta. The rest were me posting art and some comments on the art of others (which I guess is a testament to the fact that I had good intentions, I was just a massive idiot). I also got butthurt really, really easily. Vegeta.

I also typed horribly. I used many typical chatspeak 'words' like 'ur' and '4' in place of for, and always wrote 'thanx' instead of 'thanks'. I emphasized words by putting them in all caps instead of italicizing, and in a single post I Even Pulled This Sort Of Bullcrap Because I Was Really Irritated. Strings of dots (.....) were also common in my posts.

How I've changed? If you know how I am/how I post now, with the information I've just provided I'm sure it's not hard to guess. I'm so much more mature and better at writing intelligible posts that I didn't even remember how bad I was till I went and looked.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Looking back on myself over the last few years is weird so I'll just give you an analysis based on a simple time frame.

October - November '07: I'm thirteen years old. Very ignorant and immature. Get into fights and talk about things no one cares about. Make a few understand friends despite my obvious character flaws.

December '07: After dealing with stuff in real life that made me realise people are willing to sell you out at any time in their lives for the sake of self-validation, I become slightly more mature. Start typing properly, contribute to topics and start building up an identity.

January - May '08: Really want to make amends for how I behaved when I first join but become slightly detached from everyone around me. Start snapping at people very fast and refuse to give second chances to anyone. Most of my posts are paragraphs no one wants to read because they read as if they were written by a robot.

June - August '08: Things change. I find myself managing a small community and that helps me realise how crazy things are. I mistreat people and abuse the English language, thinking it makes me look nonchalant and cool.

September '08 - December '09: Quite a jump here. Begin to cop myself on. Give people chances when they mess up. Try my best to contribute to PC. Doesn't always work. Become much more sentimental than I have been previously.

January - June '10: Become very focused on exams which stress me out and make me behave irrationally. Am on hiatus from PC during this time so luckily I didn't do anything crazy.

July - now: Feeling very serene and confident with myself. Nice to pretty much everyone but not afraid to speak my opinion. I have a very weird way of going about my doings online but it feels comfortable. I've lost most of my close friends on PC during my absence and now feel like a lone wolf. Despite this, I'm more happy with who I am then I've ever been.

Feels pretty good.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • ....Seriously, I've improved a lot from my younger days at PC. XD

Some people refuse to see that though, and thus they get my disrespect when they express dislike for me for drama that's as old as that...moldy thing in the back of your refrigerator which has been there for like, [???="at least a year old"]god-knows-how-long[/???].

But yeah, if people bothered to look at my posts in the past, they'd see the level up I had from 2004 to now. Granted, I don't have the post count that most people have, I'm not very talkative most of the time. If anyone should be PC's #1 lurker, I'm it.

I still love PC. I may not be a rabid poster, nor have I ever been the kind of person who tries to please everyone, but I still manage to enjoy the place. Inside or out of the crowd, I am myself.

The people I meet here on PC have been pretty good at one thing at least. Helping me to hone myself into what I visualize myself to be. I am not always as I appear to be, and this is intentional. People who react first to what they see, without knowing me deeper are often poor choices when it comes to trusting them as friends in my opinion.

I'm a fun person if handled with the care and respect that is required for any person, though with text based communication it's hard to convey meaning properly.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    In PC, I've become a much more boring person than I ever was.
    I have become more associated with the idea of forums, and I'm not nearly as social anymore.
    I've also reduced my posting and overall activity here by 90%.
    I have gone through being anti-social to a little social, and back to a stage which consists mostly of anti-social traits and little social traits - a very confusing state.

In real life, I've become as anti-social as it can get, and more boring too.
    Other than that, I've become much worse in academic performance.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Aug 29, 2017
    Like many my gramma and spelling were a lot worse, and I tending to spam abit >.<
    I have changed quite a lot since I joined, but since I was like 13 then, and am 16 now, I'm pretty sure it's normal to change over that time :P

Years
  • There was the pre-era where I just joined because of ShinyGold and wi-fi battling. I didn't really talk much here.

Then came the rebirth era in January of 2009 where I came as a butthurt n00b and tried to force my interests on everyone. From there, I noticed that I could use my Pokeymanz knowledge for massive rep and post count. I first started coming to OT at that time as well. I was pretty much cordial most of the time and tried to set myself apart with subtle typing quirks (8 get, btw).

Then came the "TCTI's an ***" phase. I hate this and appreciate this for a couple different reasons. First, I wouldn't be as cynical and self-deprecating as I am now without them. Second is that it gave me a phase unrequited hate for supporters and moderators. This is important because when my friends slowly became supporters and moderators, I noticed that having higher status didn't do anything. Those people were just ***es because they were ***es. Most of these guys are gone or banned. :x

Next was the Get together/DLTMSA phase. A small while after last year's get-together, I noticed that a whole bunch of people gathered in this thread called "Don't Let the Mod Say Anything" who would soon be the people that I'm the most chummy with. Before, I couldn't get a word in conversations because everyone used MSN or Skype instead (and then posted about that). Now, we chilled and set records while talking about anime, verbally abusing each other, and other things while being guilty of the same breed of the aforementioned alienation. A Major ontrast to my meek quieter self of the past who would only crack bad jokes. This is pretty much who I am today.

Worthy of mention is the HG/SS era. Following the release of English HG/SS, activity in D/P/Pt died along with its Q and A, so my main reservoir of post count was gone. Trying to adapt to HG/SS' Q and A, I noticed that I wasn't as fast or completely factual with my answers, so I just decided to give up Q and A altogether. Now I just hang out in Japanese Entertainment for post count needs.

Back