• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen How long did it take you to finish the game?

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
    I beat the game in 4:03. Took me a few days though because I didn't have much time to play it.
    How long did it take you to finish the game?

Now I've got 64:08. I beat all the gyms and Red at about 10 something. That's when I was spending all my time redoing my party.

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
    I beat the game in 4:03. Took me a few days though because I didn't have much time to play it.
    How long did it take you to finish the game?

Now I've got 64:08. I beat all the gyms and Red at about 10 something. That's when I was spending all my time redoing my party.
    Sweet, which pokemon did you use to get through Jhoto?

I used Typhlosion and Lugia but couldn't get it down to much less then 4:33.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
    I went through with Feraligatr. Honestly it gets all the coverage it needs pretty early. Had some trouble with the Bellsprout tower, but once I was through there, it was just straight on playing.

Namené

Poké-nub
    Years
    I restarted the game since I last posted on here, I beat it in like 8 hours. Non-stop ofcourse. Additinoal 2 hours to get RED.

Apostrophe

Everybody do the search dance!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2010
    26 hours.

... And how in the heck did you beat the game in 4 hours? Don't the dialogue sequences by themselves take longer than that?

Years
    It took me around 60-ish hours to get through Johto and Kanto and defeat the Elite Four twice. I still haven't gone through the Elite Four for a third time or defeated Red, yet. I like to make these games last as long as I can.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I went slow on SS just to enjoy it all including a proper team through the whole game, I ended up finnishing it in 2 weeks with about 29 hours of gameplay Lol!~

Palcks

some nights.
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Nov 30, 2012
    I first imported it, and that time it took me only a few days of playing it. I wasn't very motivated, so I wasn't playing it nonstop. I think it took ~80 hours? I got bored and sidetracked a lot ._.

dozo

party hardy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2014
    I beat Platinum with the Elite 4 in a about 5 days.
    But haaaa SS I've had since June.. I got my 8th badge last week ^.^'
    I needed a PokeBreak.

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
    I really took it easy, and it took me two months/91 hours to beat the game. I went slowly, and half of Kanto had a type super effective against half of my team. Not to mention that I fought EVERY trainer in the game that is possible. Cept the Gym Leader rematches.

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2014
    24 hours and I have 11 Badges my pokemons level range from 54 - 58

-Scourge-

Come Together
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    About 40 or 37+ hours.
    It didn't take me that long, it was suprisely shorter than I exspected.

Back