• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen How long did you have to wait in line?

Line length

• OMG I had to wait forever!!! (20 minutes +)

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • Not that long, but I did have to wait just a few minutes.

Votes: 15 29.4%
  • No wait. I just walked right up and demanded my copy.

Votes: 30 58.8%

• Total voters

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
Years
  • I work in a big W store in Australia and i have a morning shift on Thursday so i will get mine before the line starts so yeah i will be serving all the people pokemon Black and white

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
  • Depends on the season, really.
    In the winter they don't sell ice for whatever reason, in the summer I'm like the 5th in line, etc. Sucks to be me D:
    How long did you have to wait in line?

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
  • I went friday round 7pm. I thought it'd be all sold out, but there was still a huge amount left. Lucky me =D.

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
  • Oh I forgot to add, I had to wait in line about 30 minutes. Was pretty boring.

I wanted to teach these minuscule people some skill with Pokemon, rather than what they usually do - catch all the legendaries, give them terrible movesets, and then think they are amazing until you beat them with a Magikarp. I gotta battle one of the kids who was bored while waiting on Platinum, and I creamed his team full of legendaries and ubers with my Magikarp! (Baton Pass and Flail!) All the kiddies around me were staring in awe as his Toys R Us Arceus was helpless against the almighty Magikarp!

At least I found some entertainment while waiting.

This made me sad for the new generation of Pokéfans. D:
    They all think legendaries are automatically the best type of Pokémon to have and don't bother with the rest, not even the team they've raised in order to actually GET the legendaries. >.>

On topic, I didn't wait at all. I left it a little late, though, so the game had already been 'out' in the UK for around 12 hours, but I just walked up and got it.
    I guess.... I did go to a supermarket and not a game store. People underestimate the power of the local Morrison's. :3

Years
  • I didn't have to wait for mine as a postman brought it to me :D

That should really be an option in the poll though.

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
  • I had to wait for a few minutes at Toys R Us. They had two cashiers and there was like four people in front of me so it went quickly. However, there were several more people heading in as I left.

I got there like ten-fifteen minutes after they opened.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    There was no line really. The games were in the back of Kmart and we were the only one to ask for the games at the time. Didn't give me much of a surprise since most people would go to Gamestop, Toys R' Us, or stores of the sort, but this one had a buy one get one half off special I couldn't pass up.

The cashier however, did take her time on cashing up the games. n_n

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2011
    Hey Guys,

New member here!

I didn't have to wait at all, I'm over in the UK, so on Saturday morning i strolled into town into my local Gamestation, picked it up. Bought it. Walked out within about 2 minutes.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • Not long, actually. Just one person in front of me. (Which is good, as I don't want to wait.)

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • at gamestop they had quite a line i had to wait about 20 min but luckily i brought my ds and got my celebi while i was waiting. and also was looking through the guide book.
    there were not really any kids there so thats always good

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2012
    There were no lines at all for me, however, finding the game was a problem. xD I walked around for 15 minutes looking at each DS game, but it wasn't there, so I asked the store worker if they had it, and he said, "Yes, it's up front. Ask the cashier." x_X

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2020
    I got to gamestop about two hours after they opened, and there were maybe about six people or so getting it. Regardless me and my twin brother walked right up to the counter and got the oppostie version of each other as we always have since blue and red.

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2015
    Well, went to gamestop not long after 9:30 and I was surprised to see nobody really in the store except for two guys purchasing in the other line so, there really wasn't a line at all. I just had to wait a few moments while the other employee finished something on his computer and then I got to hand over my receipt and get my game and bought a guide too. ^_^ Maybe two or three minutes tops, and when I left the store I saw more people coming in so I'm glad I didn't have to wait long. Yay for Sunday!

Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I didn't have to wait long, but then again i did go in the afternoon. It still surprised me how little queue there was concidering it was only an hour after schools finished. I had black and white pre-ordered. I couldn't believe how many people my age (and older) were there buying it

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I went to Nintendo World (Manhattan) on Saturday, and by god it was absolutely packed. The line stretched out of the store, across 48th Street on the block the store was on (a good 200-250 feet, I'd say), the block of 6th Avenue that intersected it (a good 100 ft, maybe 125), and all the way back to the other intersection on 49th Street (same as 48th). I arrived at 2:45, and by 5:00 I had only gotten as far as the corner of 48th and 6th. Needless to say, I didn't get the game Saturday. D:

I went back yesterday, and asides from a few other people buying the game, there was little wait, so within minutes I had my copy of White. And then I got a free poster too :3

Back