• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How long do you want to live?

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
  • How long do you want to live? Is the average human lifespan enough for you? Perhaps too long?

Personally, I would like to live either forever, or a very very very long time. I'd love to watch humanity progress(assuming we don't kill ourselves), and experience all the new technology and stuff.

Briar

how do you make coffee sexy?
    Years
  • i'd want to live until about a hundred-fifty or so, just long enough to know my great grand-children (assuming my children then don't choose to be celibate).
    the average human lifespan is about seventy, right? it's long enough, i think, to experience most things, but i think it's too short (seeing as i want to live an extra eighty years).

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Depends if I find someone I want to spend the rest of my life with. If I find someone, I'd want to grow old with them because I think old couples are cute. If not, I really don't like getting older since I value my youth too much and am too vain to deal with the pain of growing old alone! I'd consider it an accomplishment to make it past 30.

Magdalena~

Feel the hnnnnggg
    Years
  • I said this before: I want to die in my thirties of forties. I think people live too long these days.

Ayselipera

I often feel like there's no point to live very long if I never end up meeting people I truly enjoy and who care for me the same as I care for them. I know nearly all of the people in my life right now aren't long term relations and that even if I don't think that highly of them I probably think more highly of them than they do of me and idk IT BOTHERS ME DEEP DOWN I GUESS. And I just have always thought it would be pointless to go on if I never end up having a true relation with someone meaning both with friendships and romantic relationships.

Years
  • Well it depends really if I find someone that I want to spend the rest of my life with and who wants to do the same with me. If I am lucky enough to find one then I'd want to live as long as they do so that we could spend as much time together as possible. If I don't then honestly I'd wish that I could die as soon as possible. Like it was said above I don't see any point in living a life where I don't have any close relations.

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2022
    I want to live long enough to see the world my kids are going to be living when they are grown and everything. 70-80 is good I think.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 4, 2012
    I want to live as long as my fiance. I'd like that to be at least into the 80's.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2015
    Just as long as I can do something with my life, I'm more than happy to live it up towards 50 years. I really don't like what happens to people when they do grow old.

If for some reason I feel like my life isn't worth living anymore, I could go ahead & end it right here, right now. I consider my life as a disposable one.

Jarred0809

The Eternal Lurker
    Years
  • I want to live until either I'm unable to do things on my own or until I've done everything I feel like doing with my life. It will probably end up as the former.

Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2022
    I dunno how long I want to live. Because I know a year is really a long while. I mean, it feels like it has been an eternity since I've been born. And comparing this eternity to what's left until 80s, I just can't tell how long life is.

I also can't tell if, soon before my death, I'll want to live longer. I may want to live up to the 80s, but at 79, I'd maybe say myself I want to live up to 90, and then to 100, and longer and longer! Because I'm scared of death, of course. I may say Immortality isn't a good thing for humanity, but I'd probably decide by myself to become Immortal should I be given this opportunity!

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
    Years
  • I only want to live until my forties. I just don't like the idea of growing old and living the rest of my days in a nursing home or something like that. Sounds boring o.o

But you never know, one day I might view growing old differently.

Juicy

Bone to be wild!
    Years
  • Right now I don't care how long I live for. It's not like I want to die tomorrow but if I found out I was going to it wouldn't bother me same if I found out I was going to live for another 100 years. Although I can see this changing drastically if I have kids.

Although being a wise old man who chills out in a shrine on top of a mountain and people venture up to ask you questions would be awesome. I want to be like a wizard! Man that'd be badass. But if I can't do that then peeing in public and yelling at teenagers would suffice as a time killer in my old age.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Depends on whether I find work or not. If so, I want to live long enough to retire at least. But before my body deteriorates so that I can't live independently anymore.

If not, then I want my death to come before I end up living on the streets. Which could be as early as a few months :/ Life without any means to support yourself seems like a horrifying proposition.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I want to live to at least 200 years, assuming the ageing process could be slowed accordingly. The idea of being attached to such a short life - where you can realistically expect a maximum of 90 or so years... it's just not good enough. I think by 200 I'd be well and truly sick of it all though, so that might do me. That said, if I were offered immortality I would not say no!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    At least over 100. I'm kinda goal-driven, and I'd find it such a great thing if I could reach 100, so... at least I'd be able to say that I reached an age not everyone does.

I dunno, I really don't want to die at all. I want to live as long as I can, and enjoy things at any age. If I grow old, I grow old, it happens.

Back