• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

how long does it take you to finish a pokemon game?

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I can get to the League in about 20 hours for the older games and 25 hours for the newer games. Postgame can usually add on about 10 more hours to the total play time for Gen IV - V, and only about 5 or so for the newer games.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
Years
A week. That's just for the championship, but if I want everything done properly, it usually takes me a couple of months. That's if I spend up to two hours on it gradually over those months.

Years
You know, I honestly don't remember. I tend to take my time and try to enjoy the game and not gobble it up without chewing. The last one I "finished" was Moon on the emulator at least six months ago, which took a long time of sporadic playing, and I haven't gotten around to the postgame yet (been generally busy).

I never really think of finishing a Pokémon game. For me, it's just that you're past the story and at your leisure to go about doing whatever you want, whenever and however you get inspired. In Black I liked breeding Egg moves for a time.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 17, 2020
A long time. I normally get so far and decide I want to start again.

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Years
  • Age 22
  • He/they
  • Oregon
  • Seen Mar 14, 2023
For the most part I did all of my first playthroughs between 30-45 hours of ingame time over the course of 3 days (during launch week). Sword and Shield was the exception because I beat it in about 21 hours. During replays or nuzlockes I tend to take my time though. Those can take anywhere from a month to a year.

Years
  • Age 23
  • She/Her
  • Canada
  • Seen Apr 15, 2024
It honestly depends. I like to pace myself and take my time to really enjoy a game. Some Pokémon games I've completed within 40-50 hours and other games I've taken as long as 80-90 hours to complete.

In terms of the time period, anywhere from 2 weeks to 3 months. Although, I'd say it takes me just under a month on average to complete a Pokémon game.

Lysander

girl power ftw
Years
Newer games would probably take me about 24 hours of play time to beat, whereas older games take me longer as I tend to spend a lot of time grinding in those games, which isn't really necessary in the newer games.

My most recent playthrough of Pokémon Platinum, I think took me about 50 hours of play time before defeating Cynthia for the first time.

Sorvete

Novice
Years
My last Unova playthrough took 8 hours, but that's probably because I used only one Pokémon. In average it takes 18~20 hours if I've already played the game I think

Back