• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How many new Pokémon do you think will be added?

Years
  • I'm thinking maybe around 60-80 new mons, but can see it being a little more. Personally don't think we'll get over 100 though that could be wrong.

What's your guess?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    No idea on a rough number, but it'll probably less than 100. The most recent 3 generations all had less than 100 new Pokemon added, and given how strictly GF has adhered to its release schedule over the past dozen or so years, there's probably not really any time for them to come up with any more than that.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Yeah, 60-80 most likely. I don't think we'll ever get 100+ new species as long as regional forms and other gimmicks are a thing. They started reducing the amount of new Pokémon in Gen 6, while compensating it with some kind of "new" Pokémon that didn't increase the Dex count. In Gen 6 it was Megas, in Gen 7 and 8 regional forms.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Agreed with 60-80 ala the recent gens. That seems to be the norm and they have enough problems/lack of motivation to include more and more Pokemon within the one game anyway.

Years
    • They/them
    • Seen Sep 9, 2022
    It'd be nice if we had 100+ again so it felt like a full generation, rather than the half-generation that 6-8 have felt like. It'd also be nice if they were all new and not rubbish forms of existing Pokemon that look like bad fan-made redesigns.

But I suspect it'll be 40 or so new Pokemon and 20 or so awful regional variants.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Honestly as most Pokemon as possible! Maybe more singular line Pokemon vs lots of evo lines so we have more opportunities to find Pokemon we love. So 80ish would be good but 100+ would be ideal.

How many Pokemon do we all think they'll showcase before the release?

Sheeer

Blissfully Mystic
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2022
    80 seems like a really safe bet, yeah

That's not even factoring the regional variants, which'll probably get us at 100 or so new designs total

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2022
    personally I wouldn't be surprised if there was even less than 60, I think it's clear game freak is more interested in gimmicks that control the gameplay mechanics and unfortunately the story than designing mons that present interesting exceptions to normal gameplay

Back