• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen How many shinies did you encounter in a Friend Safari?

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
Years
  • Hey guys, I really need some answers and thoughts about this, that's why I decided to start this thread. The occurrences of shiny Pokemon in Friend Safaris (and so, a possible "increased" shiny rate) have been going around for the past few weeks.

When I first started to try this out for myself, I already encountered one shiny in a Friend Safari after about 3 hours, it was a shiny Pansear (really don't like this Pokemon, but still, it's a shiny so I just can't ignore it of course). Then, the next day I was just randomly searching to complete another Friend Safari (someone else), and Bam, I encountered a shiny Barbaracle.

Well, the thing is now, I wanted to check if you can encounter several different shinies in ONE single Friend Safari. I kept looking, and after spending half of my day looking for shinies… AGAIN another shiny Pansear in the same Friend Safari I found the first one in. So, is this just some "bad shiny luck" xD? I did some thinking after this, is it possible that there is only one of the three Pokemon you could encounter in a Friend Safari, going to be shiny? Or is this just some blabbing and is it just as random as always? 'Cause I really hope any Pokemon in a Friend Safari could turn up as a shiny.

So I would like to know, which Pokemon did you guys encounter shiny in a Friend Safari? Have you ever encountered the same Pokemon to be shiny all over again in the same safari (just like me) OR did you encounter like, 2 of the 3 Pokemon in one single Friend Safari as a shiny? I really would like to know since I think it makes no sense only one of the three Pokemon could turn up shiny and the other 2 don't :) xD (I really need some people to confirm this for me, lol)

I thought this was interesting so I wanted to share with you guys ^_^ Thanks in advance, I hope we will get some interesting answers, and thanks for the help!

Yuuto

Community Helper~
    Years
  • I haven't spent too much time in the Friend Safari but 3 out of 4 of my shinies are from there. Pansear (I'm in the same boat as you about it), Electabuzz, and Noibat. All of them were just found randomly while checking out all the safaris I got.

I may take some time to do some actual testing soon. The theory that only one of them can be found as shiny is interesting. That said, I still feel confident that the rates are increased. Before XY, I have only ever found one shiny in the wild (back in Emerald) and I've played countless hours of every Pokemon game made. For me to suddenly find 3 one day while not even trying is ridiculous. (In contrast I spent a few days trying to do the Masuda method and got nothing... so maybe my luck is just weird.)

I'll be watching this topic since I've been pretty fascinated by this Friend Safari thing since I got to it in-game. Hope we can uncover something!

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
    Years
  • I haven't spent too much time in the Friend Safari but 3 out of 4 of my shinies are from there. Pansear (I'm in the same boat as you about it), Electabuzz, and Noibat. All of them were just found randomly while checking out all the safaris I got.

I may take some time to do some actual testing soon. The theory that only one of them can be found as shiny is interesting. That said, I still feel confident that the rates are increased. Before XY, I have only ever found one shiny in the wild (back in Emerald) and I've played countless hours of every Pokemon game made. For me to suddenly find 3 one day while not even trying is ridiculous. (In contrast I spent a few days trying to do the Masuda method and got nothing... so maybe my luck is just weird.)

I'll be watching this topic since I've been pretty fascinated by this Friend Safari thing since I got to it in-game. Hope we can uncover something!

Hey Yuuto,

Thanks a whole lot for answering! ^_^ You have already found that many, and yay I am not the only one with my "shiny-Poke-monkey-curse" >_> xD I will keep continue the hunt for a shiny starter/or just another shiny (NOT a damn monkey again please :x) And will post here of course with the results. I am currently also going for a Masude Method shiny, Fennekin, and sometimes when the breeding gets me kinda bored, I will hatch eggs in the Friend Safari. While hatching eggs there, I'm hoping to find that shiny Braixen xD (or the hatched shiny, but no luck so far)

Yes, I agree, the shiny rate in a Friend Safari is... ridiculous xD I've heard many stories, also from a lot of people who never encountered a single shiny in years and found like 4 in one day when searching a Friend Safari! o_O

Thanks for your support, and I hop so too, that we will get this sorted out ^_^!

URKNightmare

Pallet Town Original
    Years
  • Yes, I agree, the shiny rate in a Friend Safari is... ridiculous xD I've heard many stories, also from a lot of people who never encountered a single shiny in years and found like 4 in one day when searching a Friend Safari! o_O

Thanks for your support, and I hop so too, that we will get this sorted out ^_^!

YES! I am one of those people that haven't encountered a shiny since ruby. I never had much luck with it. Well yesterday I was trying to help people figure out what type of Safari they were. I didn't realize at first that you needed to be online with the person at least once to get all three. So here I am running around like a mad man, when BOOM shiny Oddish appeared. A lesser man might of cried, I just sat there in awe. Needless to say I caught the little green plant. Later that day I was running around and BAM, a shiny Ledybra. This was a sad tale, I got so excited I had my lvl 70 Escavalier use X-scissor instead of false swipes. He went down like a true gentlemen, as I just sat there and watch him burn. Luckily it was a Ledybra, and not a starter.

Years
  • I have good news for you, you can see more than one shiny in a safari.

For example I was chasing shiny Ninetales, I managed to get her, but too bad, she didn't have Drought.

So the day after I tried again in the same safari, and a few hours later, a really pretty shiny Ponyta appeared!

So I'm pretty sure you can meet all the Pokemon in a safari as a shiny, you just need a lot of luck.

And also, the encounters rate of a Pokemon seems different depending on the safaris, so I would watch out for that.

That's why I'm praying right now, because I would like a shiny Ditto with Imposter, I already caught a shiny Cinccino in that safari.

Naxus_Darkstar

Team Warlock!!!!
    Years
  • I spent a couple of hours on halloween looking for a shiny pumpkaboo in a safari, no luck. A few days later I caught a shiny ferroseed from the friend safari. After maybe 10 minutes. I'm hoping to find some more in there too, because I'm in the friend safari all the time looking for good breeding sows.

I'm pretty sure the 3DS has a desire sensor in it, the harder you look for something, the less likely it is to appear. No way to confirm, if it affects shiny rates but just ask anybody who has played Monster Hunter 3 ultimate about monster plates.

Marionz

New to 6th Gen
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2013
    As of yet, I haven't encountered 1 shiny yet on any safari I've invaded.... hopefully, i'm as lucky as you guys #pleaseprayforme

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2013
    I only encountered one shiny which was a mankey. I spent two hours hunting last night and got nothing

Aura Vitae

Down, Sword Hand!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2019
    The only friend Safari Shiny I've caught was a female shiny Pyroar.

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2024
    The only shiny I've encountered so far in X is a Chansey in friend safari too.

-Slick-

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2017
    15 so far. Yesterday alone I got 4 shinies from there (I can show you the date if you in summary if you don't believe me). The thing is that you need to be persistent when hunting shinies. I always set a goal for myself and a set time to have caught a shiny. And in that manner I was able to rack up many shinies from the safari, way more than the ones I got from doing the Masuda Method
    Edit: Make that 16, just got another shiny charmeleon 2 minutes ago.

Last edited:

Caiustheblack

Breeder for the sake of it.
    Years
  • 15 so far. Yesterday alone I got 4 shinies from there (I can show you the date if you in summary if you don't believe me). The thing is that you need to be persistent when hunting shinies. I always set a goal for myself and a set time to have caught a shiny. And in that manner I was able to rack up many shinies from the safari, way more than the ones I got from doing the Masuda Method
    Edit: Make that 16, just got another shiny charmeleon 2 minutes ago.
    i think the shiny chanche is coded differentoly for each game-cart my x copy got 7 safari shinies and my y copy 0, with same time spent lol

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2014
    T.T I still have yet to see a shiny, I think I just need to set time out and try the friend safari.

Link119

The Self-Proclaimed King
    Years
  • Caught a Shiny Dragonair in Friend Safari...Only Shiny encounter for me...Didn't attempt chaining in this game, yet...

Back