• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen How many times did you lose to Steven

How many times did you lose to steven

• 0 beat him 1st try

Votes: 135 87.7%
  • 1 he caught me off guard the 1st time

Votes: 16 10.4%
  • 2 He deserves to be champ

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • 3 Ok WHY WON'T YOUR POKEMON FAINT

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • 4 He has me looking like a fool

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5+ possibly the hardest(no pun intended) champion yet

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Years
  • I didn't lose to Steven because I put a lot of time into training early in the game and I kept re-challenging Trainers over and over. I did find him really troublesome, that said. Since on my Pokémon was an Ice-type and it was transported from another game, meaning that it levelled up quicker than the rest of my team. I ultimately had a big advantage. I spent most of the battle fighting him with my non-type advantage Pokémon.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I beat him on my first try; updated mechanics and movepools really help with that. And I wasn't underleveled for once.

I did lose to him once on my recent Water monotype run on my old Ruby though.

Years
  • I beat him my first go around. I let him beat me all the other times I battled him because I'm not about to go through the long credit scene again, especially when I only repeat fight him for Exp quickly

Years
  • Here he was just as easy as ever. In my first time battling him, I came very close to beating him without any of my Pokémon fainting or using any items despite my team all being Level 52, and I would have if my Flygon hadn't missed with Draco Meteor against his Armaldo. And on the rematch, I did, using all six of my team members each both times (seriously, Carbink?). So yeah, this wasn't very tough for me.

But we'll see if he ends up being any tougher when I face him in a challenge or something.

Years
  • First go I blasted through the elite 4 no probs as my team was designed to crush them quickly, nearly did Steven then when I had just Mega Absol left and him Mega Metagross things went wrong. A Quick soft reset later and He was easily pummeled (It was that he ran skarmory first whist I ran hariyama first to smash through his Steel and Rocks so after taking Skarmory out it was a clear run with Hariyama and Mega Absol).
    I think in some ways Steven can be tough compared to other champs because he uses high defense stat pokes much more of a challenge than Diantha who was the easiest champ ever.

captainfez3

Old School Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2019
    First time I played on the GBA I think it was about 3-4 times. Haven't gotten to him yet now. I will update when I do, but I don't think I'll lose to him. I'm going in only when I'm ready and by then I will have plenty of guys to beat him up with.

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Oct 16, 2023
    yeah, he caught me off guard the first time. well, his mega metagross did. i probably would have won if i had more revives and lemonade, but i ran out soon after beginning the battle. the second time around my levels were a bit higher and i swept him with my ludicolo :3

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • Miraculously beaten him on first try. It was more like sweeping his team 'til Metagross came out, and then he proceeds to sweep my team 'til Delcatty was left.

And then miraculously, Delcatty endured an attack that I was sure will knock her out. And then Sing managed to hit it. And then I proceeded to attack with Shadow Ball 'til it was close to fainting. I thought it will wake up now and deal the finishing blow on her, since if I waste even a single turn to heal I'll be in a rather tight spot where I'm on the defending side. Miraculously, it stayed asleep as I hit the finishing blow on it with Shadow Ball.

Let's say that this is the first time since Cynthia and HGSS Lance that I was close to blacking out.

Dunnydude

Too Spooky
    Years
  • I beat him on my first attempt. Unfortunately I was too overlevelled despite having tried not to train too much xP

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2015
    He was tougher than the rest of the Elite 4, but he was still rather easy. I don't think any of my Pokémon fainted during my battle against him, actually xD;

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    I bet him the first try. I thought I was going to lose to him the 2nd time around, but I beat him then too.

I was a level or 2 over his the first time, under leveled by 3-7 lvls the second time around.

SleepingTyrant

Pokemon Treasure Hunter
    Years
  • well, I was out of heals when i got to Steven. I lost the first time. He was down to just his metagross, and I only had my gourgeist. Took a meteor mash, burned him with will-o-wisp, and then he got a crit on the next meteor mash.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • Steven is manageable, besides that metagross. He's more annoying than powerful, but he's obviously more difficult than Diantha.

I did not lose to him at all in ORAS, though his mega metagross wiped out 3 of my team members swiftly. I think giving it earthquake rather than giga impact would make it an even scarier contender. To be honest, I find him easier in the rematches.

Years
  • I think giving it earthquake rather than giga impact would make it an even scarier contender. To be honest, I find him easier in the rematches.

Basically this - the fact that the Metagross has almost nothing for Steel-types isn't helpful to his case. I had a Magnezone that probably could have handled a good chunk of his team with ease (all of them except Aggron and Claydol, which have Ground-type moves), but the only Pokémon of his I used it against was Cradily, because a) that would've been kinda dirty using only one Pokémon for most of his team, and b) as I said, I wanted to give my entire team chances against him.

If he had Earthquake instead of Giga Impact, he would have definitely been more difficult. I guess they just gave him Giga Impact to have a stupid powerful attack (which, with Tough Claws, is a massive 195 power) since Meteor Mash was cut, and Bullet Punch was something to pick off your low HP stuff but without something to use against Steel-types it's somewhat moot. (Although my Mega Swampert did less than half to him with Scald in the rain, but it burned him and allowed me to finish him with Earthquake...)

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    If Shiftry didn't have Foul Play (which is LOL against Metagross) I'd have lost. And that's an egg move I got from DexNav!

My team was 10 levels lower anyway.

Back