• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen How many times did you lose to Steven

How many times did you lose to steven

• 0 beat him 1st try

Votes: 135 87.7%
  • 1 he caught me off guard the 1st time

Votes: 16 10.4%
  • 2 He deserves to be champ

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • 3 Ok WHY WON'T YOUR POKEMON FAINT

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • 4 He has me looking like a fool

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5+ possibly the hardest(no pun intended) champion yet

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
  • I was doing a Nuzlocke, so I had no choice but to win on the first try. I had mega Swampert, so Mega Metagross wasn't too bad. The one that gave me the most trouble was actually Cradily. Dang thing refused to die D: I used my Exp Share sparingly, so I wasn't even close to over leveling.

LightBlast

I am fire. I am... death!
    Years
  • Even though I beat him on the first try, it was still a fun fight. I played the original, so I knew what was comming. The rematches were a lot closer though.

Atleast he was better than Zinnia. God, was she pathetically easy and so dissapointing, but oh well.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I lost once because I didn't expect him to have a Mega Evolution. Every other Pokémon was a breeze.

I did change up a few moves with TMs to help counter it, but I ended up winning by repeatedly causing it to flinch with Swellow's Air Slash or whatever. After it was in red health (Steven already used up his Full Restores), it actually was able to attack. Swellow got knocked out in one shot, but Kyogre quickly defeated Metagross with Surf.

Nakala Pri

I lost to him once. >:( He was so easy except for that god damn CRADILY WHICH HAS LITERALLY NO WEAKNESSES

Only won the second time because of my Ninetales' Will-O-Wisp. XD

Years
  • Beat him on my first try. Things got kinda dicey for abit with Armaldo and Cradily but I pulled through. Easily beat his Metagross with my Mega Aggron. One thing I can't figure out is why it kept using Giga Impact. Sure it's a strong move but I had double resistance and beastly defence. If he had whipped out a few Psychics, I woulda been in trouble.

Oblivion Wing

IGN: Havel 3DS Friend Code: 5215-3694-9757
    Years
  • I beat him on my first try. The only Champion that gave me a problem was Lance back in Pokémon Silver, that was a Pain haha. Steve does have a good team though.

Years
  • I havent faced him yet lol.

I'm standing outside the elite 4 right now.

My team are - Blaziken, Pikachu, Milotic, Swampert, Salamence and Metagross

Years
  • I havent faced him yet lol.

I'm standing outside the elite 4 right now.

My team are - Blaziken, Pikachu, Milotic, Swampert, Salamence and Metagross

No Sceptile? :(

I didn't lose to Steven. I found him quite easy, especially compared to R/S, but that's a given. I think my lowest leveled Pokemon was about 10+ levels higher then his Metagross, and I was using a team of about 16 Pokemon lol. Then again my first playthrough I do absolutely EVERYTHING so by the time I got to him I had about 70+ hours on my save.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I only fought him once and I used a party that was about ten levels weaker than his team. The only Pokemon that fainted was my Azumarill and that was because I was just careless.

TheUnit684

Heedrim
    Years
  • My goooodness, Steven. My first time coming up against him, I completely destroyed his entire team. That is, his entire team except Metagross. I came so close, but Mega Metagross just completely decimated my team. My team wasn't really balanced at all, I had a lot of grass types, but that Mega Metagross power just completely caught me off guard.

When I went back through, I simply Mega evolved my Aggron instead of my Sceptile and Aggron was able to handle Mega Metagross. :P

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
  • It took two or three tries because the first time I forgot to buy healing items and didn't realize it until I beat Glalie. And you know I wasn't getting ready to reset after that so he beat us pretty fast. Then I think I had to soft reset when we went through a second time, but thanks to Camerupt dodging the attack(I think it missed not from Pokemon Aime) she murdered his Mega-Gross with Eruption. XD

RisingMaster85X2

BuddingMasterTrainer
    Years
  • Beat him on first try on my first run. IT was close though, had that megagross that was an idiot and used giga impact one too many times. I had the same levels as he did too so it was actually a perfectly fair fight. Second game through was two tries because I was severely under-leveled (seldom used the Exp. Share).

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2015
    First try. Of course I think was just because I had primal Kyogre and mega Metagross. I'm kind of nervous of fighting him in my wonderlocke.

Years
  • ^ Yeah, see, those are the Pokémon that will surefire make it laughably easy. As it's been mentioned, if that Mega Metagross had Earthquake, it'd be much harder. Kinda wish they had changed his moves a little bit in the rematches like they did the Unova League, and Cynthia in Platinum.

Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2015
    I beat the elite 4 on my first try, but on my second i lost to Lance but have beaten them every time after that so technically i haven lost My team:
    CLOUDY (Altaria)- Lv. 100
    TAKI (Blaziken)- Lv. 90
    Alakazam- Lv. 94
    ANVIL (Crawdaunt)- Lv. 85
    ACORN (Shiftry)- Lv. 83
    FROST (Walrein)- Lv. 65

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • Beat him on the first try like majority.
    Had a Sceptile, Ninetails, Flygon, Seadra, Galalie and some other pokemon in my 6th Slot all around the 55- 60 level. First time playing him ever (since I never played the original) and found him as one of the more easier Champions to beat.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023
    Finally got to him again on my Alpha Sapphire run

His Mega Metagross actually took out my Mega Metagross, but since I wanted to beat him with my Mightyena, I wasn't discouraged (that Bullet Punch caught me off guard)

Two Earthquakes would've KO'd him and I'm pretty sure Crunch would do the same

This time, my team was ten levels higher than my Omega Ruby run, so it was laughably easy

...I was level 50 by the time I got to Primal Kyogre, so...

Years
  • I'm thinking of restarting the game and picking Treecko or Mudkip. Move all my current Pokemons to PokeBank. Trade certain items to my Pokemon Y game and trade em back to AS. I still haven't faced the Elite 4. I'm literally inside the Pokemon centre, standing outside the door that leads to the first Elite 4 trainer. I've just been challenging people to battles lol

Years
  • I beat Steven on my first try. Part of that had to do with having a Blaziken and a Sandslash, which destroyed most of his team. In the end, it came down to my Sandslash and Swellow against his Mega Metagross. Mega Metagross went for Giga Impact, which I thought would surely knock out my Sandslash and make me lose, but my Sandslash survived with 3 HP and, one Earthquake later, the battle was won.

Back