• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen How many times did you lose to Steven

How many times did you lose to steven

• 0 beat him 1st try

Votes: 135 87.7%
  • 1 he caught me off guard the 1st time

Votes: 16 10.4%
  • 2 He deserves to be champ

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • 3 Ok WHY WON'T YOUR POKEMON FAINT

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • 4 He has me looking like a fool

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5+ possibly the hardest(no pun intended) champion yet

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Adore

Party.
Years
  • I won on my first try. I had a pretty well-rounded team and I took my time with the game, so by the time I got around to battling the Elite Four my Pokemon were like 10~20 levels stronger than Steven's.

KillerTyphlosion

Champion
    Years
  • In my very first run on the original ruby i lost like 10+ times. I resetted a lot to beat him and used a lot of healing items. But on omega ruby run he was rather easy even when my pokémon were 50-55. I didn't use the exp share at all and I was on set + plus I decided no healing items in battle. In the first 3 gens I always used my starter for the whole game and just captured the legendary's that I could find. But for me the second gen was the hardest as a kid because I only had my starter and could never find the legendary's.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • Steven was a breeze. Not the clean sweep I'd wanted, but he didn't take much effort. Now I've to have my rematch, which will be clean sweep. But the first time I made it so it was my mega Metagross against his. needless-to-say mine won by a ton. I mean seriously, Giga Impact? Come now Steven, you're better than that XD

Katchelina

"...I hope a gentle light of hope will remain."
    Years
  • I almost lost to Steven my first time but his mega metagross had to recharge and gave my swampert a free turn to finish the battle. I wound up beating him with my highest level pokemon at the same level as his metagross.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 21, 2017
    I feel like he shot himself in the foot by giving you Metagross...
    Basically it was a case of dealing with the rest of his team first, then countering his Metagross with my own. I remember my very first run through of Ruby and I just couldn't touch his Metagross with anything I had at the time, but this time it was a case of using my own, Mega Evolving it, then waiting him out.

Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2015
    First thing I did upon getting the exp share was to disable it, and keep it disabled for the entire game. By the time I got through victory road, my team reached from level 40 to 45. I beat the elite four all on my first try, but only beat Steven on my second attempt. The first time, I think I spent a little too long against his Skarmory, and both times I lost my mega evolved Pokémon before getting to Metagross.

Also I never used Pokémon-Amie or Super Training.

My team:
    Swampert
    Metagross (only evolved after beating Glacia)
    Gardevoir
    Shiftry
    Ninjask
    Castform (Ice focused)

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • I never lost to Steven. I mean, I find more difficulty in Glacia than him.

Groudon wrecked his team down.

Years
  • Steven never was a challenge for me this generation. Though I still have yet to face him on my OR cart, so I've really only faced him once.

First time around in Gen 3 he was a challenge, but I still managed to beat him on the first try via some luck and a Blaziken/Kyogre tag team.

Years
  • I didn't lose at all.
    Lumio the Fire fang Mightyena was able to KO most of his pokemon in between one to four hits (he was like level 79 or something), then when mega metagross came out and fainted Lumio, Lulu, the level 80 perfect-IV EV-trained Altairia, dropped mega metagross' hp to about half before he crit her D:
    Then Japas the Masquerain killed it with a Bug Buzz. It wasn't even a critical hit, just a Bug Buzz, and he was only level 78.

The first thing I said when I beat him was "WELL. That was definitely harder than Diantha." because she was the easiest champion I've ever faced.

TheSonicMaster662

The Master of Sonic Games
    Years
  • Beat Steven On My First Try. I one hit KO'D Half his team (including Mega Metagross) with Primal Kyogre's Origin Pulse.That move is op as heck

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2017
    Did it on my first try easily because I was overleveled, but when I did the Elite 4 rematch, I got absolutely destroyed.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I defeated Steven on my first attempt. He did K.O a couple of my team members, but I found him to be easier than expected.

Years
  • I OHKO'd most of his Pokemon so the battle breezed by with minimal effort on my part, and I had the Exp. Share off. No problems at all! Last time I had any issues with a champion was Cynthia in Diamond.. gosh the memories.
    Same here. I was way overleveled this time around, even though I sped through the last few gyms. I just barely won (with half HP on my only surviving Pokemon, the HM slave Linoone) the second time around, though. Cynthia was a pain in multiple games. I remember crying over losing to her a few times.

EternalSushi

Fresh for a lifetime.
    Years
    • Age 27
    • HK
    • Seen Sep 9, 2017
    It's really not that difficult. My underleveled Lucario went nasty plot then swept with Aura Sphere and Dark Pulse o.o

Years
  • I didn't lose to him, because I had the awesome powerhouse that was Mega Swampert. In fact, my Swampert alone makes such short work of his rematch team.

Years
  • Seems we have more than a few people who opt for super buff mega vs super metal mega xP Yeah, that was how it went for me, as I mentioned, in the rematch it was even less of a hassle even though I only used Swampert against the Metagross in both goes.

Back