• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen How many times have you played them?

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    -scratches head- It's been forever since I touched any of my DPPt games. They're pretty ancient as they can get because they still have active wondercards from events from 2008, yikes!

Pearl: Once. I got it the day it came out in America in 2007 and I never restarted the file.
    Diamond: Several times. I wanted to replay it a few times using different starters and a different team. My bro was its original owner, but I made sure to send over his Pokemon to Pearl.
    Platinum: I wanna say once. I don't think I have ever restarted it.

HeartGold: I restarted this one a couple of times, but my various save files were backed up beforehand.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
    I have not finished my Pearl game, I'm at Victory Road - I haven't continued since XY came out. I have not yet played Diamond or Platinum at all.

For the 2nd gen. remakes - I haven't finished Soul Silver I just need 1 more badge, but like Pearl - since I played XY I haven't continued my journey, and have not played HeartGold.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    For HG/SS I've beat them like 5 times, DPPt however, I have only played twice. I just don't like the map or the pokemon, I just really can't get into the game as a whole.

Years
    Diamond: 2 times
    Pearl: 2 times
    Platinum: 20-30 times

I did a lot of nuzlocke runs in Platinum, and uh... I FAILED ALL OF THEM.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
    I replayed both Diamond and Platinum around 3 to 4 times. Why? So I could try out all the starters, and remodel my team after each restart. I started with Chimchar on Diamond, and Turtwig on Platinum, and after I cleared the main story and played in the aftergame a bit, I usually cleared my save file and started with a new starter Pokemon.

LetsPlayALoveGame

Wielder of the Disco Stick
    Years
    • Age 31
    • he/him
    • Texas
    • Seen Mar 9, 2023
    Only played through Platinum twice, but I'm already planning my team for a third playthrough. Same goes for HG once I have a means of transferring the stuff off of it.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Off the top of my head, I've played:

Diamond once, Pearl once, Platinum five thousand seven hundred and eighty two times, Heartgold three times and Soulsilver two. I need a life to be honest but argh 4th gen. :<

*sinks into fort of 4th gen games*

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Hm, not as much as SoulSilver. I refuse to restart my Pokemon Diamond because I have caught so many Pokemon over the years and have trained a lot of them. I believe that is the game where I have bred, and received so many shinies via trade that it would be a waste to start a new adventure imo. For Pearl I've replayed that game twice. After exams, I will probably play through Pearl again fr fun, or maybe even do a challenge with Pearl.

Years
    I've played Diamond once, Platinum twice, and SoulSilver twice. I think that's an all-time-low for me in terms of replaying Pokemon games. I guess you could say generation IV is my least favorite, but the fact is I still really enjoyed all the games. Shows how much I love the Pokemon series! XD

Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2020
    Diamond - on my third playthrough.

Pearl - only once - it's the one my shinies and such are stored in.

Platinum - on my fourth playthrough.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I haven't played through fourth gen too many times, though I have (by my standards) a lot of hours on Diamond (450ish). I've played Diamond once (completed my Pokedex, etc.; I used to do a lot of trading and shiny/event collecting back on that game several years ago), and I've started one file each on Pearl and Platinum. The Platinum one is fairly far along (I recall finishing the Distortion World, at least; the rest is a blur), but the Pearl one is practically at the beginning of the game. I also have one file each on HG and SS, but I haven't played those nearly as much as I expected to (considering gen 2 was my favorite gen and I wanted remakes for years). I think my time became very limited after HG/SS came out, as I don't have too many hours in gen 5, either (though I've racked up quite a few in gen 6 by playing most nights before bed).

I've also played Diamond a couple of times for challenges, but still, I've only been through Sinnoh a few times total. I should really do it again sometime soon.

For whatever reason, I think I've played RBY and GSC a lot more times than the other games (probably because it's really easy to start up those games on an emulator and accelerate through them, plus, I guess I've had those versions longer, and I also had a way to back up my physical gen 1/2 save files, so I could start new games without losing my old progress).

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    I've played through Pearl at least twice and Platinum about three times.
    I really enjoyed the lake trio aspect of the games, specifically in Platinum, so I'd play through again just to be able to see the storyline once more. It was also very exciting going to the Reverse World. <3

.. And shiny hunting was definitely something that kept me playing these games long after beating them, too.

Back