• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How old where you when you started playing pokemon/what age did you start liking pkmn

Lana.

*spin*
    Years
    Gosh, how old was I? I think I was seven when I first watched the show, after realizing nothing else was on. I had ahted it for the short iime I knew of its existance before falling in love. (I also remember when I was around ten or so, and there was a solid hour of my two favorite shows of the moment: Pokemon/Yu-Gi-Oh, which I still sorely miss after all these years.)

I got my first game at a daytime sports camp (I hated it). Some of the older boys (who were, like, ten xD) were constantly playing it. I soon started bringing in my purple GBC, playing my Hamtaro game. I found a Pokemon Gold on a bench, and it didn't even ocurr to me that I should turn it in. I immediately started playing, picking Totodile as my starter (given the chance now, I would pick Chikorita instead) and struggling through the game.

Eventually, one of the older boys traded me a Lapras for something I can't remember. That Lapras won me several Gyms, and so Lapras holds a huge sentimental value with me. Especially whne I put it in my PC in the last box, and I thought I had lost it. I found it in the last box, and, in my happy daze, I accidentally released it.

I think I got Pokemon Crystal for my ninth birthday, and it will always be my favorite game (I weep over the fact it won't save anymore). And, like everyone else, I've been hooked since.

Sorry for boring you with my long introduction to Pokemon xD

Shiny-Lunatone

Master of the Lunatones
    Years
    AhhI first started with Pokemon Red.... Last year.Saw the Diamond Game in that little DS in Walmart that they let you play, and I was hooked, despite the fact I ownly spent 5 minutes playing it and didn't have a clue.Went to Gamestop, Got Red AND Blue Versions, but Blue never worked...Then, I got Leafgreen, and realized I couldn't bring up my L.100 Charizard, which believe me, I was upset about.Now I've got Sapphire, many L.100s, and a huge Lunatone Collection, as well as a Shiny Voltorb.

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2010
    I think I was about 8 or 9 when I got my first pokemon game^^ It was for my birthday.

Synx

A Pro Newb
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2008
    I started watching when i was like 4
    and i played for as long as i could remember...

Years
    i was 3, i was going on holiday with my cousins and my ciousin got a game boy advance, so he gave me a GBC and a Pokemon red and yellow games. I played them all the time from then on, and was so happy when i done the pokemon league in yellow when i was 5, solo with my level 97 Nidoking :) i was so proud xD

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    My first pokemon game was yellow and I lied it the first day it aired on TV4KIDS in the mid/late 90s

Zebra Thunderhead

the avenger
    Years
    I started watching it when I came out, in '97, when I was 6. Then my babysitter, Tommy, got me into it after he showed me the Missigno cheat. xD I've been hooked since.

Years
    About 7 or something, when I bought my first Pokemon cartridge, Ruby version. Yes, that means 3 years ago. :> (I'm actually 10 and I freely admit it.)

wobbadude1

Everybody Polkamon!
    Years
    I was 11 when I first heard of the game back in 1999, but at first it didn't interest me as it wasn't a platform game like Mario. I first saw Pokemon in this game boy cheats book which I bought (and still have to this day!) A month later my family went on holiday to Bermuda and I saw my brother watching the anime as they have American TV, but again it didn't interest me as it wasn't a wacky cartoon network style cartoon! Each day however I got more and more intregued...

When I arrived back home from holiday I showed my brother the Pokedex in the back of the cheat book. Finally when I started my new school in Sept 1999 a month after my holiday some kids were talking about it, so I decided to get it (either for my 12th birthday or with birthday money). I doubt any of those kids still like it, but I've loved Pokemon ever since...and it's nearly been 10 years! :D

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2016
    Probably at 6 or 5,i was playing Red which my cousin let me play^^
    I've liked Pokemon ever since =3

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Man, I remember hell :/. Maybe when I was 5 or 8, my mom got me Pokemon Crystal as a surprise when we were going on vacation. I watched the show before that but I really have no clue when I got into it. One thing for sure: before 3rd grade.

Fate Falls

Pokémon Researcher
    Years
    I was 10 years old when Pokemon first came out, and I actually hated it until I was around 11/12. But after that I got hooked, and I haven't stopped liking it since. ^^

We're the same age. :) I was 10 also when it came out, although unlike Alakazam, I liked it then. So, yep, been a fan since 1995/10 years old.

Years
    I must have been 10/11 When A boy at my school showed me his Pokemon Red/Blue (I can't remember which one) on his Game Boy Color. That's when I first knew about it. He even showed me how to catch Missingno.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    lol I wrote a novel

Wow, some of these posts make me feel so old. 8| It seems weird to me that Pokémon has been a part of my life for over half of it, since I got into it at age 10, and yet some of you only discovered it a few years ago at the same age I did.

Anyway, yeah I first heard about it at age 9 or 10 and fully got into it at age 10 in grade 4. :] I didn't have any video game consoles back then so I mostly watched the anime and collected the cards, but I remember I used to sit behind this one kid during recesses and watch him play Pokémon Red whenever he'd let me. XD; I remember his name was Evan and that's all I remember of him, haha!

I got a Gameboy Colour the next year before we went on vacation and Pokémon Red to go along with it. My brother and I had to share it and I remember being so annoyed when he used our Master Ball on a Snorlax. XDD; I got like all the spin-offs back then and I've never been more psyched for a Pokémon game than I was for PKMN Gold. Oh maaan my friend and I were stupid and both got Gold but we spent so much time playing it together.

Back then, EVERYONE was into Pokémon. It was so cool and if you didn't care about it, you were mostly on your own. Our school was one of the few that didn't ban Pokémon cards but they came damn close to it. :x The theatres were PACKED for the first movie for weeks after it came out. I kinda miss those days, now. 8D;

I got into the internet at age 11; that's when I started chatting about and RPing Pokémon in chatrooms, posting on forums, etc. Ever since age 11, I've always actively been on some sort of Pokémon forum so basically not a day goes by when I don't think about Pokémon and it's been that way for about 9 years. So yeah, I've been a fan for aaaaaages and I don't see myself dropping the fandom ever in a loooong time. :D

Back