• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How strong are you?

Physically, how strong are you?

• Hella

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Hellish

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Not very

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • My arms sway in the breeze

Votes: 7 36.8%

• Total voters
Years
  • I changed my life around 2 and a half years ago now and stopped being something I wasn't proud or happy to be. I was extremely negative, pessimistic even angry a lot for a person. Since deep down I was in pain and tremendously sad for things I've endured over the years with people. I was doing very good the first year of changing my life around however now this year it's been more downs yet again as well pain I feel in my heart. I have my family for support but they can't really help all to much or take away my pain.

Since it's something only I can do to push through it and learn to let go and move forward in life. I feel now these past 3 months of this year has been the most hardest for me and I feel like nothing is going right anymore and should just give up. Not in that way just not talking to people and having any relations with anyone other than my family, family friends and help team. It sounds pretty bad but I've been through a lot and even though I am doing better than I was and changed my ways I still struggle mentally very much. I feel now I'd messed up again with trying to reach out to people around places and feel I should just stop trying to get close to others.

I joined here to try and socialize more and see what happens from there but I'm not sure anymore now if I should stay here. Even though this fourms looks safe, friendly and has great people I notced. I just fear to approach others and try and make conversation. I apologize for sounding depressive though I just saw this thread and wanted to write my feelings down. For an answer is I'm half way emotionally / mentally strong and I still have a long ways to go to get even more better and truly feel at peace with myself. I'm not sure what else to say so I'll leave it as that.

SusieSue

Grass Type only
    Years
  • I can't lift much, I have weak hands to carry something around. Though I think I have strong legs and call myself enduring. I participated in a marathon once, I'm also a big fan of long-distance hiking. I may not be a fast runner though a 10 km walk with a 30 lbs backpack is not a problem for me 😃 Though I wish I could carry more stuff with me as mentioned here. I still have plenty of time to fix this.

Last edited:

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
    Years
  • Last time I lifted weights I could do about 30 per arm and 50 overall. But I mostly do core and leg workouts now so I am not exactly sure.

Rynamite

Teaghlaigh, Dílseacht, Misneach
    Years
  • Emotionally? I've gotten stronger over the past few months. In my previous workplace of a couple years the stress, pressure and demand of being the youngest supervisor position at a call center, mix that in with a lot of toxic people it had really taken a toll on me to borderline depression. However nowadays I have rebuilt myself sort to speak with keeping a new perspective on things. Not everything is true, nor is everything false. Some intentions are pure, some are malicious. You just have to be both smart and prepared for it all. Thus that's how I have been able to get stronger.

Physically? Let's get the bad stuff out of the way first Lol... Okay I sat here trying to figure out how I was going to write this all out. I cannot do pushups, situps if my life depended on it. (Okay maybe but shh) Plus I have lost a lot of grip in my hands due to the vibration of the controller in addition to all the hand injuries I had in football and hockey. I still have some, but never the amount that I used to have.

Positives uhm... Leg strength is still very ideal despite having a damaged ligament in my right leg, and a severely bruised knee in same leg. Last time I did leg presses I was able to do around 350 pounds? That was last year so we knows. I don't go to the gym a lot anymore. My parents have a auto mechanic place and sometimes when a car needs to be pushed into the shop they'll ask me for help, and no, it's not some tiny car... I'm talking Vans and Pickup trucks. I have pushed a van by myself before so there's that.

I also got some chest/pushing strength as well (If that makes sense) the muscles in that area are a bit more set then average.

Disclaimer: I am not a body builder at all... I just worked on a farm in my teen years and did construction in grade 10 so that's how I got to where I am.

Edit: Okay I do remember a time where I had to carry a friend home because she was too... well drunk... She was roughly about 180lbs and I had her over my shoulder, walking 2 blocks to her place before I threw her onto a couch. So there's that too...

Roxas

[span="color: #d10303; font-size: 10px; letter-sp
    Years
  • I've gone through a lot of shit so I would say emotionally I'm... decent? I kind of have become more apathetic about things and take them as they come, and kind of expect the worst now, because the worst is all I've had all my life (pretty much). Anything good that happens sends me into an amazing mood because I just have the expectation for things to be awful.

Physically, I'm not very strong. I have a few physical disabilities that prevent me from working out but I am otherwise healthy

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I'm like a newly whipped double espresso in a rushed Italian café on a Wednesday morning.

Oh, physically? Something like wet tissue paper.

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • I'm only strong enough to carry certain heavy objects, I wouldn't win a boxing match anytime soon

Ys

Wandering Spirit
    Years
    • Age 31
    • They/Them
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    I'm strongish physically, though haven't really measured it. Emotionally, I used to be super self-conscious and get upset over the smallest things. But I think I've improved a lot in that regard, being able to laugh most things off. Even when someone directly gets mad at me I try to face the person and be calm about my response. Most things people do aren't personal, anyway.

Back