• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How Would You Approach Someone You Like?

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
    the sad truth is I probably wouldn't approach them at all

but over the years I've become friends with a few people that I've really liked, and I've only ever asked out one and this was like two months ago and I was rejected oops. otherwise I usually just let it fester until it's really obvious they like me or they don't.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Probably not do anything. I'd want to be pretty sure they like me back before I really do or say anything, but I can never tell when someone likes me so I'd end up waiting and seeing what happens. When I think about it every confession I've gotten from a guy has been over some serious length of time. It's not that I'm afraid of rejection I just hate afterwards if they start acting weird around me. Once someone tells me they're not interested I quickly lose my feelings and move on so I'd want them to just forget about it.

Sirfetch’d

I'm with Nathan here haha. I am just too shy to talk to people let alone someone that I might have a crush on haha XD I don't want to be like this because I will eventually have to approach this person with my feelings!

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    "Dangggg gurlll, are you a farmer cause you sure know how to raise a ♥♥♥♥ ;)"

I've seen a better one:
    "Ey girl, do you make hot dogs cuz you can make a wiener stand"

Anyways, haha, I too am too shy to do something like approach someone that I am attracted to.

Years
    Probably not do anything. I'd want to be pretty sure they like me back before I really do or say anything, but I can never tell when someone likes me so I'd end up waiting and seeing what happens. When I think about it every confession I've gotten from a guy has been over some serious length of time. It's not that I'm afraid of rejection I just hate afterwards if they start acting weird around me. Once someone tells me they're not interested I quickly lose my feelings and move on so I'd want them to just forget about it.

You, missus, have described me perfectly! And I'm glad you did because I probably couldn't have put it in a better way than you have. Before proceeding to confessing or asking them out, I'd like to make perfectly sure that they are at least interested, not that they have to like me. It's not the rejection I'm afraid of, like you mentioned, it's more the fact that the opposite party tend to act awkward instead of forgetting about it and moving on. If they're not interested in me, I have no issues with putting the whole situation behind me and continuing as friends.

Back