• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How you act on the inernet vs how you can in real life

Years
  • My personality between online and real life is very contradictive. I am very talkative online but extremely shy in real life, doesn't help that well since I have autism which makes it hard for me to interact socially.

Shamol

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.
    Years
  • I'm an insufferable pretentious scumbag both online and offline so, I don't think there's that much of a difference.

AmetsuCAT

KITTY POWER!!
    Years
    • Age 24
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 6, 2023
    I'm pretty much the same person online and in RL, except I don't talk as much as this offline. But I guess it sometimes depends on who the person is in RL that decides whether they want to be the same or different on the internet.

Years
  • I'm a lot more open and comfortable with others online than offline and feel somewhat more confident in myself. In general though my personality doesn't change at all and I act mostly the same I think.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    It might sound weird, but I feel like I'm more myself online than off? I'm really quiet and reserved in most situations irl, but have a lot of energy and love to talk and joke around once I get to know people. I feel like I'm more quick to open up online, so my personalities are pretty similar overall.

At least I think, ha.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    i'm only a little different offline. it's always easier to speak your mind and say how you feel clearly when you write it, but even that isn't saying much since i still have all kinds of communication issues online. the main difference is that i convey emotions easier in real life than i do on the internet, so i'm more relatable that way.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
  • Im a bit more touchy and emotionally there online. Irl I tend to be more reserved around strangers, but online Im almost always excited to make a new friend(although im still really suspicious of anyone ^^;;;; and not so talkative around a new group). I also have some issues trying to communicate what I mean to say, and I liek that online I have more think time before sending "post/send" so I dont stumble or regret it! :') Also online, I end up much huggier and will cuddle my friends there, but irl Im a little too shy to even want hugs, despite really wanting cuddles and human interaction ~,~

Back