• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Humans in Pokemon you feel could possibly be secretly real Pokemon?

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
    More of a fun thread, but yeah. Which humans or trainers from the franchise do you believe are secretly creatures capable of attack, but are maybe disguised as people?

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
    I... What?

Okay, look, I know about N being theorized to be a Zorua/Zoroark in disguise, but besides him, I don't think there's any other humans we could speculate to be disguised Pokémon. I do, however, theorize that some Trainers aren't (fully) human, as we know humans to be; they're just humanoids. For the purposes of this thread, maybe I could readapt that theory from "humanoid non-human entities" to "Pokémon we haven't seen before."

For example, I have long speculated that Grimsley is a vampire. Masuda did state that his BW/BW2 design was based off Dracula, after all. Come the Alola games, he's suddenly out of the Elite Four, pretending to be a random traveler, and he looks sort of... anemic. My guess is, he used his gambling activities as a means to procure blood from the losers, until he got caught and had to go lay low somewhere else. (That, or perhaps someone started circulating a portrait of him from back when he was still fully human, prompting the same response.) As a result, he's not getting as much blood as he used to, hence the sudden aging and anemic looks. Oh, and that Fisherman? That's his Renfield, procuring him blood from fish Mons. The point is, Grimsley could be a yet-unseen vampire Mon whose true form is a bat, but has the ability to morph into a human and viceversa - and whose power levels depend on how much blood it has consumed (or how much HP it has).

I also speculate that the Ultra Recon Squad, while visibly humanoid, have a slightly different organic structure than humans from the "main" Pokéverse as a result of evolution. Who knows, they might even share some features/organs in common with Ultra Beasts, seeing as how main Pokéverse humans might share a common origin with regular Pokémon from their own universe!

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Introduced five Dittos impersonating people in Ultra Sun/Moon. Could not say more than "Ditto", though.

Never really considered anyone secretly being a Pokemon. Implied Pokemon speaking like humans to be exceedingly rare. Largely relies on being an illusion (such as the Darkrai event), telepathy (Calyrex), or not speaking.

Would say, if anyone, Fairy Tale Girls in X/Y. Pairs with Hex Maniacs as "Mysterious Sisters". Appears to be quite different in age (although not to unbelievable degrees). Speaks strangely, if memory serves. Could be a Hex Maniac's Ghost Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Red.

That's why he doesn't speak!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    I could picture Giovanni being a Weavile who has structured his own mafia type band of thieves.

Back