• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hunger Emporium Mafia - gj town

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
I usually hate no lynches on D1, but I can't really see any worthwhile lynches right now.

One thing I see is that it seems like Naku's posts are mostly just dismissing everything people say while putting forth no reads of his own. Even if that's how Naku generally plays it's not pro-town behavior IMO.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
The Hunger Emporium
Dusk of Day 1

As the sun set on our somewhat peaceful little city, it came to light someone had been murdered on the night prior. The event was quickly followed up by the death of another, who was simply trying to do their civic duty. Later, the city gathered and began to point fingers, the act of which was accompanied by the pointing of fingers, yelling, and eventually, the death of yet another.

Desox has died!
They were a member of The Town.​

-----
The Dusk Phase will last roughly 12 hours. You may send in Night Actions now, or any day actions if you've managed to miss them.
-----​

The Rules

Votes must be formatted as [Lynch] Player. Failure to do so may result in your vote not being counted.
Missing two votes in a row will result in your removal from the game and your replacement.
Do not share your PMs! Furthermore, all game related conversation should be kept to this thread or to specified Discord chats.
If you are dead, you are dead. You get one death post that may not contain any in-game information. After that you're barred from haunting the thread.
Do not post in the thread during the night phase.
In the event of a tie for lynch votes, a coin toss will determine who dies.
The win conditions of each faction are to be the last group standing unless otherwise noted.

The Players

aeternum as the GM

Bardothren as ???
TheUncreativeSawsbuckFan as ???
BidoofFTW as ???
purplecicada as ???
Newtsie as ???
Sparkin as ???
Kiyotaka Ishimaru as ???
Paranoia_ as The Secretariat​
Charlie Brown as ???
Pecilia as The Sudbina​
Melody as ???
Fletch as ???
Gimmepie as ???
Desox as The Town​
Miah as ???
jdthebud as ???
EvilChameleon as ???
L'belle as ???
Nakuzami as ???
Desinishon as ???

Spoiler:

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
The Hunger Emporium
Night of Day 1

The sun fell, as it always does; the moon rose, just as it should. Even though things around the city were beginning to take turns toward the worse, there was at least some comfort in the little things which would always remain the same.

-----
The Night Phase will last roughly 24 hours. You may send in Night Actions now if you've not already.
-----​

The Rules

Votes must be formatted as [Lynch] Player. Failure to do so may result in your vote not being counted.
Missing two votes in a row will result in your removal from the game and your replacement.
Do not share your PMs! Furthermore, all game related conversation should be kept to this thread or to specified Discord chats.
If you are dead, you are dead. You get one death post that may not contain any in-game information. After that you're barred from haunting the thread.
The win conditions of each faction are to be the last group standing unless otherwise noted.

The Players

aeternum as the GM

Bardothren as ???
BidoofFTW as ???
purplecicada as ???
Newtsie as ???
Sparkin as ???
Kiyotaka Ishimaru as ???
Charlie Brown as ???
Pecilia as The Sudbina​
Melody as ???
Fletch as ???
Gimmepie as ???
Desox as The Town​
Miah as ???
jdthebud as ???
EvilChameleon as ???
L'belle as ???
Nakuzami as ???
Desinishon as ???

Spoiler:

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
The Hunger Emporium
Dawn of Day 2

The sun began to rise as the moon fell by, and all around the city, the people had been active. The night prior, a number of them had made the decision to not do a thing, but after seeing the devastation that the day brought, they knew they could no longer stand idle.

The Hunger enacted its will once more, chanting into the ear of Kiyo, instructing him on who to kill. The man accepted his mission, and made for the home of another. Kiyo lashed out at their target, tearing into their neck with their own teeth to no avail. For one reason or other, on this night, that man simply could not die.

Despite this, on the other side of town, Sparkin walked to a little corner shop. The man took a seat on the opposite side of the room, waiting for his target to greet him. As Nakuzami came out of the back room with his crystal ball, Sparkin dropped the guise of being just another human. What remained was a formless shadow with teeth and arms sticking out from it in all directions.

"What... what are you?"

Sparkin pulled the knife which seethed with a mysterious, dark, energy from within his own body and plunged the blade of it into Nakuzami.

"A sacrifice, we shall both become."

Sparkin placed the knife back into his own body before leaving the Medium's shop. The Visitor quickly retook his physical form, only to be struck down in the street by a passing semi. Such was the will of Fate.

-----
The Dawn Phase has now begun and will last 12 hours. You may send in any day actions now, as well as night actions if you've missed them. During the dawn phase, you may talk to each other, but may not vote.
-----​

Sparkin has died!
He was The Visitor and The Vigilante​

Nakuzami has died!
They were The Medium​

The Rules

The Players

aeternum as the GM

Bardothren as ???
BidoofFTW as ???
purplecicada as ???
Newtsie as ???
Sparkin as The Visitor and The Vigilante​
Kiyotaka Ishimaru as ???
Charlie Brown as ???
Pecilia as The Sudbina​
Melody as ???
Fletch as ???
Gimmepie as ???
Desox as The Town​
Miah as ???
jdthebud as ???
EvilChameleon as ???
L'belle as ???
Nakuzami as The Medium​
Desinishon as ???

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Wow that really worked out that Sparkin's role was swapped on N0 and couldn't recruit. I am surprised that mafia killed him rather than try to take the vig role though.

Sawsbuck

used Jump Kick! It's super effective!
Years
So far I'm really liking what Bard is saying it comes off as the most towny to me atm and I will read through the game to see what else

Newt is looking really good as a town read to me, very nice posts with very reasonable and towny sounding points and arguments and stuff

I'm not liking L'Belles claim for why they haven't been posting it seems like a lazy coverup to me

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 19, 2023
Uh.. Well.. I just got into the game and already lost it X.X. The truth is. I WAS the Spiritualist. Sparkin converted Johnny, I replaced him, and now Sparkin is dead and I'm the only puppet alive. I don't have my powers anymore, nor the possibility to win this game. Well, I'll try to help the town at least, but don't expect too much from me :p

Kiyotaka Ishimaru

Ultimate Moral Compass
Years
@Bardothren Governor? Do you mean President as the role in this case?

I'm VT as I've already claimed back in start of D1, so I couldn't have forced a lynch on Desox. Though if I was President, I probs wouldn't use my ability on D1. That said, I think it was RNG's bidding.

Had no reliable internet on the weekend so I'll reread after breakfast

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Something must have gone awry last night. I doubt mafia has two kills. Someone used their ability on the wrong person.

Kiyotaka Ishimaru

Ultimate Moral Compass
Years
Kinda had a tough time rereading because of the long posts, but here are my reads for now:

Bardothren as Town
-> Activity isn't indicative of alignment like what Naku said, but Bard has been active with decent analysis. It's genuine and the contribution earns a townread for me.

TheUncreativeSawsbuckFan as Town
-> He's not that active, but that's not uncharacteristic of him and his contribution has been decent. From his posting, I feel that he didn't get VT; he's either a PR or if I read wrong, he could be TP.

BidoofFTW as Null
-> I'm not too sure what to read Doof as. His presence hasn't been so prominent for me to read him; he's soemthing to observe I guess

purplecicada as Null
-> Same with Doof

Newtsie as Third Party
-> See claim some posts above. He was townish to me earlier but turns out he got recruited or at least claims to be. I'm inclined to believe it though. I don't think anyone would fakeclaim being recruited and apparently losing.

Kiyotaka Ishimaru as Town
-> It's me!

Charlie Brown as Null
Melody as Null
Fletch as Null

Gimmepie as Town
-> Behavior and activity so far has been good. I like the contributions from last phase.

Miah as Null
jdthebud as Null

EvilChameleon as Non Town
-> He's hard to read, but I'm feeling that he's not really town. Must be his behavior or something, but I can't place my tongue on it.

L'belle as Mafia
-> Still scumreading him from the last day phase. His behavior seems to be somewhat of an escaping mafia from what I see. Contribution may not be alignment indicative but promising to give reads and just coming up with a lame excuse feels so scummy.

Desinishon as Maybe Scum/TP
-> I don't think I've seen him post... or it was too irrelevant to be noticed. I don't think he's town though because I think he'd place more effort if he was.

[Vote] L'Belle

Kiyotaka Ishimaru

Ultimate Moral Compass
Years
Oh right forgot about the role claim. Must've been luck of the draw then.

@EvilChameleon what I mean is that now the maf has two kills thanks to Sparkin dying and giving Magic Man his vigilante role. Sparkin killed Naku, Pecilia killed Sparkin, and mafia killed nobody is my understanding of the phase post. Tomorrow night, however... we better watch for two kills. I hope Magic Man can't use an acquired ability and his own ability at the same time, but I'm not holding my breath.

And Kiyotaka, wowie that's a nice list of reads you have there. I'd try to match it, but I have too much to do before work tomorrow.
I think there's a mistake right there

The Magic Man - The Magic Man is arguably, one of the most powerful members of The Dark. The Magic Man's ability is to give out powers (seen here, barring a few)to the innocent and unknowing Polubogs, only to possess their body and retake them two days later. (ex. n0 he makes someone a cop, at the end of d2 he kills that person and gains the cop ability) The Magic Man can be in the process of possessing only one person at a time.

Scum doesn't have two kills yet considering two days haven't passed yet as we're still at the start of D2 not at the end of it.

Agreeing on what happened in the phase post.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
The Hunger Emporium
Day 2 Begins

Following the death of The Visitor, Sparkin retook his unnatural form and began to disperse into a fine, black mist. The Magic Man approached the mist and began to wave his hands around it, causing it to glow red as he absorbed it into his own body.

"Fate's hand played well into mine... hopefully The Sudbina will continue to be kind to us, despite the fact we were the ones to kill him."

The Magic Man retreated into the shadows, not wanting to be seen by the rest of the town. He counted the passing seconds, contemplating until the very end on whether or not he should give away power to another this day.

Once more, from somewhere across the town a young boy ran through the streets with his knife in hand. The child sprinted down a dark alley, hoping to find his target for the day. As the child turned the corner, he saw it.

The woman slowly turned to face Meleanolu and a smile stretched unnaturally across her face at a similar speed.

"Hello, child. I see that you are one who remembers... tell me, have you heard tales of me in that far-off place?"

Meleanolu's eyes widened and his grip tightened around the knife in his hand. "You're the one who killed him, aren't you? My revenge... damn you!"

The boy plunged the knife into the woman several times, to no avail.

"Strike at me all that you like, you'll not kill me until I've devoured the light. Run along, my child of shadows, lest you meet a similar end to the one you so despised."

-----
The Day Phase has now begun and will last 48 hours. You may send in any day actions now.
-----​

There's been a correction to the player list.
Desox was The Candlemaker, not a member of The Town.
I apologize for my terrible mistake.​

The Rules

The Players

aeternum as the GM

Bardothren as ???
BidoofFTW as ???
purplecicada as ???
Newtsie as ???
Sparkin as The Visitor and The Vigilante​
Kiyotaka Ishimaru as ???
Charlie Brown as ???
Pecilia as The Sudbina​