• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hyrule Warriors - Now in Stores!

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • Hyrule Warriors

Hi! You can use this thread to discuss the upcoming game, Hyrule Warriors with the rest of us! Because the HYPE is real with this one! This thread will be updated as more info arises! (and better CSS).

Platform: Nintendo Wii U
    Developers: Omega Force, Team Ninja, Nintendo SPD
    Publisher: Nintendo
    Genre: Single Player & Multiplayer Hack and slash & action
    Release Dates: Japan: August 14, 2014, North America: September 26, 2014, Europe: September 19, 2014
    Distribution: Nintendo Wii U Disc
    Not Yet Rated

Hyrule Warriors, the imaginative upcoming game for the Wii U console, combines the action-packed game play of Tecmo Koei's Dynasty Warriors series with the iconic characters and worlds from The Legend of Zelda series. In addition to the focused action game play of leading one soldier against a massive horde of enemies, the Dynasty Warriors series is also known for its epic storyline. In this game, players control Link as he faces a powerful new enemy – the evil sorceress Cia – and her army to rescue the captive Princess Zelda. For the first time ever, Princess Zelda's loyal Hyrulean Captain Impa makes her debut as a playable character. Impa equips a huge sword and can perform powerful combos to defeat enemies. Many other surprising playable characters make appearances in Hyrule Warriors, and each playable character will have signature weapons and action animations.

The first stage of the game takes place in Hyrule Field, a location that will be very familiar to fans of The Legend of Zelda series. The game-play structure of most of the stages bears a close resemblance to the Dynasty Warrior games, so Hyrule Warriors is a game that can truly be enjoyed by fans of both The Legend of Zelda and the Dynasty Warrior series. Players must defend or reclaim areas by fighting against hordes of enemies and using different types of flashy and powerful moves. Players will encounter new enemies such as Sorceress Cia, but some familiar enemies like Bokoblins and Lizalfos from The Legend of Zelda series will also appear in the game.

From the Offical Game Page:

Cut down entire legions of enemies as Link™, Impa and other Legend of Zelda™ characters using over-the-top powerful Dynasty-Warriors-style moves. This tour de force through the beloved locales of Hyrule will have you battling the fiercest enemies in Zelda history. Think tactically and conquer missions in the most efficient way you can to save Hyrule!

The delicate balance of the Triforce has been disrupted, and Hyrule Kingdom is once again being torn apart by a dark power, this time lead by Sorceress Cia. Now it's up to the legendary hero Link to face hordes of enemies and find the missing Princess Zelda™. Advance the story to unlock new playable characters with unique moves and weapon types. Collect Rupees and other useful items to upgrade weapons and craft badges, which you can use to bolster each warrior's abilities. Then unleash the full power of your attacks with intense combos to clear wave after wave of Bokoblin hordes. You'll have to get your gloves dirty to save Hyrule this time.

Play as fan-favorite characters like Link and Impa for the first time in the series!
    Battle the fiercest Legend of Zelda enemies across Hyrule's most famous locales.
    Lay waste to your opponents with brutally efficient attacks and intense combos
    Think tactically and complete missions in the most efficient way possible

About the Development:

Hyrule Warriors was announced on December 18, 2013, in a Nintendo Direct[11] as a collaboration with Tecmo Koei.[12] As such, Nintendo president Satoru Iwata stated that the game would not be the next main series installment of The Legend of Zelda, but rather a spinoff from the main series.[13] Long-time Zelda producer, Eiji Aonuma, is supervisor for the title.[14] The concept for Hyrule Warriors was first proposed by Team Ninja lead developer Yosuke Hayashi while he and Tecmo Koei executive VP Hisashi Koinuma, who was in charge of the "Warriors" franchise, were discussing a possible Dynasty Warriors cross-franchise game with Nintendo. Zelda was chosen due to the fact that Hayashi, Koinuma and many staff at the company were fans of the series.

When presented to Eiji Aonuma, they used their cross-over game One Piece: Pirate Warriors as an example of how the game would feel. In contrast to previous collaborations, Nintendo had a large amount of confidence in Tecmo Koei's ability to make the game, leading them to have "far more expectations than uncertainties." This confidence was shared by Aonuma, who readily accepted being offered a place in the game's development by Shigeru Miyamoto.[15] Part of the reason behind Aonuma's strong support of Hyrule Warriors is an ongoing push by him to break away from many traditions that have become attached to the Zelda franchise since its inception. Along with Omega Force, the main developers for the Dynasty Warriors series, Hayashi and Koinuma brought in help from Team Ninja, who had developed the Dead or Alive series, to help more with one-on-one combat and inject new ideas into the development process.[16]

Speaking in an April 2014 interview, Tecmo Koei's president Yoichi Erikawa stated that he hoped that Hyrule Warriors would appeal to fans of both series and enable the game to sell one million copies.[17] In the May 2014 issue of Japanese gaming magazine Famitsu, Tecmo Koei and Nintendo released additional information regarding the game, including an August 14 release date.[18] Impa was revealed as a playable character, wielding a two-handed sword and retaining her Skyward Sword counterpart's appearance. A local two-player mode with one player using the Wii U GamePad and another using a monitor was also confirmed, alongside plot details.[10] In a trailer unveiled at E3 2014, Zelda and Midna were also revealed to be playable.

June 15 updates - from the official website:

Rod: Some dazzling screenshots of Link wielding a new Rod weapon were released. 4Gamer has indicated the Rod is a magical weapon capable of producing flames. It's capable of shooting flames at a large mass of enemies in a wide range. The Rod will change form depending on the attack method.

Zelda, Princess of Hyrule Kingdom: During the sudden crisis in Hyrule Kingdom, the courageous princess commands the troops while standing directly on the battlefield. Zelda is a dignified beauty with a noble and royal atmosphere. Hidden within her is the power of the Triforce of Wisdom. She has calm eyes capable of assessing the course of the war, calmly defend, and bravely attack. She mainly uses a rapier as her weapon, and she gracefully fights in a flowing manner without wasting a single motion.

Midna, Twilight Princess: Midna comes from a different world, and she is the princess of the Twilight Realm's royal family. On the upside, she has a fairly minded personality. Although she has a pretty sharp tongue. However, Midna's gentle on one side, but she's also a strong female lead. Her appearance has been altered by the Sorceress Cia. Midna's currently hunting for Cia to regain her original form. She fights while riding a Shadow Wolf created by magic. Midna can ride the wolf straight into the enemies, and utilize her hair to form hands to viciously strike her enemies or pick them up and fling them away.

Stage Details:
    Palace of Twilight: Hyrule Kingdom exists as the World of Light, while another world exists as the Twilight Realm. The Twilight Realm's royal family lives in this palace. The residents of the World of Light and the Twilight Realm are unable to travel into each other's world, but the two worlds have connected again with someone's magic.

Eldin Volcano: Sparks fly constantly inside the cave of this active volcano. With nowhere left to go, lava can erupt straight from the walls, interrupting anyone's path with naturally produced sea of flames. Mining have been regularly conducted in the back of the cave, in order to collect good quality ore.

Item Details:
    Enhancement Items: An enhancement item may appear when you defeat an enemy, or they may appear if you break pots. If you pick up the enhancement, the power of an item will increase for a certain amount of time. The powered up bomb will allow you to blow away large amount of enemies.

Multiplayer Details: Co-op multiplayer with two people is possible. With the Wii U GamePad, and the other player will use the Wii U Pro Controller or a Wii Remote & Nunchuk for the TV screen, this will allow players to control their characters on their own separate screens.

Weak Point Details: With strong enemies such as King Dodongo or Lizalfos, there may be opportunities to strike them back after the enemy uses specific attacks. This opportunity is considered as the weak point, and a gauge will appear on the screen. It's possible for the gauge to reduce when you're exposed to an attack, so feed the gauge for a "Weak Point Smash" before it runs out.

One of the weak point opportunities is when King Dodongo opens his mouth. If you throw a bomb in there, there will be a huge explosion in his belly. This will transition into a Weak Point opportunity after this occurs. Strike repeatedly in order to increase the gauge for a "Weak Point Smash".

Characters:

Link

Princess Zelda

Impa

Minda

Magazine Scans

Screenshots

Videos

Trailer One

Trailer Two

Credits:
    neogaf's Hyrule warriors page
    zelda wiki's Hyrule Warriors page

Last edited:

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • Yaaaaaay. Hyrule Warriors <3

I'm a huge fan of both the Zelda and Warriors series, so this is A-OKAY in my book. I was excited yet shaky about it when I first saw it back when it was first revealed. It look like the frame-rate wasn't consistent, and that the amount of enemy on screen was lesser than I wanted it to be. But watching the Treehouse Livestreams, a lot of my fears have been alleviated to an extent. The frame-rate seems more consistent and smoother, but the amount of enemies seems to be about the same, but I guess that's not much of an issue.

I'm wondering about the character selection of this game though. So far we have Link, Zelda, Impa, Midna, and possibly Ganondorf since he was shown in one of the trailers. In the E3 Demo there was about nine character slots, so that leaves at least five characters left. But, one interesting thing was that one of the member of Treehouse said that half of the cast is female. If that's the case then, I want Sheik in this.

Also, that girl in blue looks pretty. Not Impa, the other one. But I have an inkling that's going to be Nayru, but she's not holding a harp, so I'm not too sure.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • I'm excited for it, but might not pick it up right away, its not my type of game really, but also looks kinda fun.
    Watching the treehouse the game seems a bit too much just hack and slash.

Yukari

Let me tell you: I'm very exited for this game! I love Zelda, though I've never played Dynasty warriors. But it does look like it's going to be very fun! Now all I need is a Wii U to play it on...

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I've never played a Dynasty Warriors game before. But this is a Zelda game and it looks like it'd be fun in a chaotic time waster kind of way, so I'm looking forward to it

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I haven't played a Warriors game before, but this looks crazy fun. And look at all the characters we get to pick from! I am super excited for this game to come out :)

Hmm... wonder who else will be playable. !! I can see Darunia and Nabooru from OOT appearing, and maybe Irene from ALTTP. It would be cool to have a magic user (since it seems Zelda uses weapons) but Irene didn't really seem like the fighting type. PLEASE PUT GROOSE IN THERE. Since Midna is present, that opens the door for basically everyone else since it basically proves the game isn't canon, which is totally fine by me at least :3

also links new design is really hot

Alkaiser

Superhero
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Aug 1, 2014
    I am not fond of Warriors games but really love Zelda and this looks like tons of crazy fan service. I'm OK with that, hell, I am GREAT with that! Crazy fan service and action to have fun until the real Zelda for the WiiU. Is all I ask for, and it seems this game delivers.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • The official website has been updated with oodles of new info!

Rod: Some dazzling screenshots of Link wielding a new Rod weapon were released. 4Gamer has indicated the Rod is a magical weapon capable of producing flames. It's capable of shooting flames at a large mass of enemies in a wide range. The Rod will change form depending on the attack method.
    Zelda, Princess of Hyrule Kingdom: During the sudden crisis in Hyrule Kingdom, the courageous princess commands the troops while standing directly on the battlefield. Zelda is a dignified beauty with a noble and royal atmosphere. Hidden within her is the power of the Triforce of Wisdom. She has calm eyes capable of assessing the course of the war, calmly defend, and bravely attack. She mainly uses a rapier as her weapon, and she gracefully fights in a flowing manner without wasting a single motion.

Midna, Twilight Princess: Midna comes from a different world, and she is the princess of the Twilight Realm's royal family. On the upside, she has a fairly minded personality. Although she has a pretty sharp tongue. However, Midna's gentle on one side, but she's also a strong female lead. Her appearance has been altered by the Sorceress Cia. Midna's currently hunting for Cia to regain her original form. She fights while riding a Shadow Wolf created by magic. Midna can ride the wolf straight into the enemies, and utilize her hair to form hands to viciously strike her enemies or pick them up and fling them away.

Stage Details:
    Palace of Twilight: Hyrule Kingdom exists as the World of Light, while another world exists as the Twilight Realm. The Twilight Realm's royal family lives in this palace. The residents of the World of Light and the Twilight Realm are unable to travel into each other's world, but the two worlds have connected again with someone's magic.

Eldin Volcano: Sparks fly constantly inside the cave of this active volcano. With nowhere left to go, lava can erupt straight from the walls, interrupting anyone's path with naturally produced sea of flames. Mining have been regularly conducted in the back of the cave, in order to collect good quality ore.

Item Details:
    Enhancement Items: An enhancement item may appear when you defeat an enemy, or they may appear if you break pots. If you pick up the enhancement, the power of an item will increase for a certain amount of time. The powered up bomb will allow you to blow away large amount of enemies.

Multiplayer Details: Co-op multiplayer with two people is possible. With the Wii U GamePad, and the other player will use the Wii U Pro Controller or a Wii Remote & Nunchuk for the TV screen, this will allow players to control their characters on their own separate screens.

Weak Point Details: With strong enemies such as King Dodongo or Lizalfos, there may be opportunities to strike them back after the enemy uses specific attacks. This opportunity is considered as the weak point, and a gauge will appear on the screen. It's possible for the gauge to reduce when you're exposed to an attack, so feed the gauge for a "Weak Point Smash" before it runs out.

One of the weak point opportunities is when King Dodongo opens his mouth. If you throw a bomb in there, there will be a huge explosion in his belly. This will transition into a Weak Point opportunity after this occurs. Strike repeatedly in order to increase the gauge for a "Weak Point Smash".

I'll update this on the first post! Mmm, personally, I think this game is set to be awesome - though I kinda find it puzzling when people criticized this game for not being in line with the Zelda series when it's only a Spin-Off. A really good-looking spin-off! Cant wait to see more. :3

Arc

Years

• New trailer! Doesn't show anything new, but you do get to see more of Link, haha. Limited edition for Japan is also shown. Also, dat Great Fairy Fountain theme.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Woo, look at those enemies! King Dodongo looks pretty cool in this game, I must say.

Wonder where this many enemies came from, haha.

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
    Years
  • I'm hoping to get a Wii U so I can get this game...
    I have played both the Legend of Zelda & Dynasty Warriors, so I should enjoy this game a LOT.

& a friend told me that Link has a ponytail in this game!
    Is his sigature floppy green hat hiding it?

Arc

Years
  • Two new trailers!

Fire Rod Link:

Impa:

Two new playable characters have also been revealed! No screenshots or footage of them yet. But they're Agitha from Twilight Princess, and an original character, who goes by the name Lana. For a refresher, Agitha is the so called princess of the insect kingdom, who asks Link to bring her the golden bugs. Lana is actually the blue haired girl you can see in the OP. Oh, Zant and Argorok are also in the game.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • The Fire Rod has always been one of my favorite Legend of Zelda Weapons so I'm incredibly happy to see it return in Hyrule Warriors. I'm hoping there aren't too many cutscenes though when it comes to using it because I feel like that could become a little bit monotonous after awhile, like many other fighting game finishing moves. I don't know, could just be a weird premonition of mine.

Just the fact that you get to play as other Legend of Zelda characters is such a dose of fresh air in the Zelda universe. I think I speak for many of us when I say that it would be awesome playing as Zelda or Midna, as well as Impa thanks to that awesome new trailer. However, I'm actually pretty surprised by the addition of Agitha. Doesn't really seem like a "fighter" to me; the addition of say, a Goron or Ravio would have made more sense (although there really aren't a lot of characters that can be deemed as a warrior.) Maybe it's possible that Lana will be a new character is the new Legend of Zelda game that's slated for 2015?

I personally want to see a lot of bosses come back in this game. Zant and Argorok are both great additions, but adding say Ganon, Yuga, Vaati, Dark Link, etc. would make for some pretty good fights. Could you picture different game antagonists teaming up to try to stop you? It would be insane. Also, I just hope the difficulty of the game isn't too easy. I don't think that will be the case, but in the video it looked like it was pretty manageable to kill them off. Obviously the people who made the game most likely purposely did that so they could showcase some of Link's moves, but nonetheless it's still a concern.

Okay that's enough from me for one post haha. This game is going to be tippy top when it's released!

Arc

Years
  • Hyrule Warriors - Now in Stores!

A rather low quality scan. But it's better than nothing I guess.

However, I'm actually pretty surprised by the addition of Agitha. Doesn't really seem like a "fighter" to me; the addition of say, a Goron or Ravio would have made more sense (although there really aren't a lot of characters that can be deemed as a warrior.) Maybe it's possible that Lana will be a new character is the new Legend of Zelda game that's slated for 2015?
    Producer for the game has said that any popular character you could imagine would apparently be in the game. So, I think we'll definitely be seeing a Goron and Zoras, I don't know about Ravio though. Also, my observation of only nine characters being in the game has been debunked as one of the Treehouse members said that the demo at E3 shouldn't be taken as representative as the actual game. So, the roster can be massively huge which will allow a variety of honestly any characters from the Zelda series that can join the fray.

Lana could be be a character for a future game, but I'm highly doubting that. Of course, I'm saying this because her design definitely gives off a Tecmo Koei vibe (minus the boobs).

I personally want to see a lot of bosses come back in this game. Zant and Argorok are both great additions, but adding say Ganon, Yuga, Vaati, Dark Link, etc. would make for some pretty good fights. Could you picture different game antagonists teaming up to try to stop you? It would be insane.
    Ganon is already confirmed! So, that's one on the list down. I think we'll be seeing a lot of villains in this game. I mean if the Moon is in the game, I'm definitely positive anyone can make the cut, haha.

Also, I just hope the difficulty of the game isn't too easy. I don't think that will be the case, but in the video it looked like it was pretty manageable to kill them off. Obviously the people who made the game most likely purposely did that so they could showcase some of Link's moves, but nonetheless it's still a concern.
    If this resembles anything like the past Warriors games, then you don't really have to worry. Typically, in Warriors game you don't have to worry about fending for yourself, but rather protecting others and objectives, so most of the difficulty stems from missions and such. Being a Warriors game though, there is probably going to be difficulty levels that range from Easy, Normal, Hard, and Chaos. Chaos being that all of the regular mobs can kill you in two hits, LOL.

Sir Codin

I gotta tell ya, if Zelda Wii U didn't sell me for the Wii U, this did.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Wow, major overhaul since the reveal. Really loved that fire rod trailer, such insanity is always good in my books. I was always hooked on the idea of a Zelda-themed action game, but with all the reveals(Z-Targeting in a Character-Action Game, Agitha and her crazy bug moves, A boatload of Mythology Nods) I seriously can't wait to play this.

Arc

Years
  • NEW TRAILER AGAIN. ZELDA TIME.

Some new stuff was shown this time. We get a look at a new map. We also get a better look at Zelda moveset. Looks like she has a Triforce Explosion, and a Din/Nayru/Farore combination attack.

Back