• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"I am an eternal flame, baby!" [Steven Universe Fanclub]

Universe

all-consuming
Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2016
Reactivation seems possible.. but it's almost too huge a step for this early in the game? At least that's what I think.

Oh-- since we were talking so much about Ruphire, I drew a picture last night to express my excitement about the schedule:

Spoiler:

ShivaDF

The Scooter-riding Artist
Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2017
That picture is ADORABLE.

I'm really sorry I assumed that "Keeping it Together" was going to be about Ruby and Sapphire. Now that I hear the real synopsis, I'm just terrified. What dark secret could there be about the Kindergarten that we don't know already? We already know its purpose, and that amethyst and (probably) Jasper were made there. What else is there to know about it? And do Garnet, Amethyst, and Pearl already know the secret, or will they discover whatever it is along with Steven?

Years
Aw... well I'm more along the lines of thinking this is another episdoe that will further highlight Amethyst (since I have an odd suspicion that she's a byproduct of Jasper). Well the thing is that Peridot wanted to manually reactivate the Kindergarten when she appeared on Earth with Jasper. Therefore, since Peridot is still on Earth and nothing is stopping her from doing it while everyone's distracted, I think the Kindergarten is getting reactivated that episode.

I was thinking the same thing. The way Kindergarten worked, I think that they used Earth gemstones as bases for Gem bodies, and to do that they needed a template for the gemstones to make their own bodies, so I think that all Kindergarten Gems (or at least the ones from Amethyst's specific one) were made from Jasper's DNA, which also means the possibility of several other Amethyst/Jasper-looking Gems.

Years
I'm happy with anything highlighting the Kindergarten because there's just so much I want to know about it right now. We have very little information on its process of gem-making and delving into the darker sides of gem history is always exciting. Also I do quite miss Peridot already. :'( & can we have more gems theres just not enough i want Yellow Diamond?! and more?!!

@lar that is sosocute

Universe

all-consuming
Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2016
Here, found the complete schedule! [ source ]

6/15: "Sworn to the Sword"- Connie trains with Pearl to be a sword fighter.

6/16: "Rising Tides/Crashing Skies"- Ronaldo does some investigative reporting on whether Steven and the Crystal Gems are safe for Beach City.

6/17: "Keeping It Together"- Steven and the Gems find a dark secret when they revisit Kindergarten.

6/18: "We Need to Talk"- Greg tells Steven and Connie the story of how he learned about Gem fusion.

6/19: "Chille Tid"- Steven and the Gems hope a slumber party will allow them some time to relax.

THAT ONE ON THE 18TH, GUYS. ROSE/GREG FUSION???

ShivaDF

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2017
Universe;8774201 THAT ONE ON THE 18TH said:
ROSE/GREG FUSION???

What if it's a Rose/Pearl fusion and this is some sort of "Rose's Scabbard" sequel? Since Pearl mentions she thinks fusing with humans is impossible, maybe Greg witnessed something he wished he hadn't seen? I've been speculating that Rose and Pearl actually were in a romantic relationship at some point, and it wasn't just Pearl being desperate when she remembered Rose.

Or what if Greg sees all the Gems fuse together to make that being that's the statue?

Then again, if Rose and Greg did fuse or try to fuse, maybe that would explain where Lion came from. After all, Lion seems to have a few traits of both Rose and Greg.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
Years
Excited for every episode... except the Ronaldo one.

Ronaldo is one of the only characters I don't like, and his episodes are no different.

Years
I think the only episode I didn't care much for was Shirt Club with Buck Dewey. His relationship with his dad just.. doesn't do it for me and I'd much rather see any other character, even the stranger ones like Ronaldo. Onion especially is hilarious and I love how he's so strange that Steven doesn't even know if he's human hahaha.

i wonder... is he??

Years
Crystal Gem to represent you: This is a hard decision. I'm going to go with Sapphire.
Favorite episode?: Hmm. Jail Break or Rose's Scabbard. I'm also a hugeeee fan of Story for Steven :3
When did you start watching Steven Universe?: Maybe a month or so ago? I had seen a lot about it on tumblr, so my boyfriend and I decided to give it a shot..and fell in love with it. It's so good, omg.

i wonder... is he??
I...thought about this a lot. I kinda hope he's human :<

Years
Welcome! Good on you for starting the show a month ago. It really is sooo good, and Story for Steven is definitely one of the best episodes. Added to club members list. :D

Years
Thank you for adding me! Yeah, I love seeing Rose and Greg meet. It's so cute!
Has anyone spent any time reading Steven Universe theories?
One of the more interesting ones I came across on tumblr was that Pearl is a mass-produced/servant class gem that serves nobility. (I'm pretty sure this is more commonplace at this point lmao)

Years
I've heard a lot about that; tons of theories saying that the Pearl we know could be one of very many which does make sense given how they're common/mass-produced as gems. I'm actually really curious on if there are any others out there and if we'd be able to see them in later episodes.. that would provide for some great character development.

and we've had some hints dropped that she's possibly one of many. Jasper's "lost, defective Pearl" and Rose's "my Pearl" seem to strongly suggest this.

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
Years
I've heard a lot about that; tons of theories saying that the Pearl we know could be one of very many which does make sense given how they're common/mass-produced as gems. I'm actually really curious on if there are any others out there and if we'd be able to see them in later episodes.. that would provide for some great character development.

and we've had some hints dropped that she's possibly one of many. Jasper's "lost, defective Pearl" and Rose's "my Pearl" seem to strongly suggest this.

If that's true... then that means Pearl is one of many. Amethyst is one of many. Does that mean that Ruby and Sapphire are potentially alike in that regard? Or they could be the only original ones out of the Crystal Gems.

ShivaDF

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2017

"Defective..." you know, Pearl's gem is not a spherical pearl. Maybe she's just like Amethyst in that she's a defective product. This makes perfect sense to me.

What if all Gems are created to be part of a class system? Not necessarily all to fill a servant role, but that certain types Gems are workers, others keepers of knowledge, and a select few rulers? A bit like bees I guess.

Years
Crystal Gem to represent you: Pearl!
Favorite episode: Rose's Scabbard
When did you start watching Steven Universe?: Whenever the first Steven Bomb was! I saw fusing singing lesbian rocks clip on tumblr and said "I need to watch this."

I don't like the theory that Pearl is mass-produced to be servants, but still I think there are multiple of gems. I do get a feeling that there is a caste system in place on Homeworld though! I think that maybe there are multiple Pearls and they may be highly intelligent and graceful which makes them a high class type. I think the reason the theory includes the "servant" part is because of how Pearl acts with Rose Quartz, which may just be a thing unique to her. You know how in love she is with Rose...

ShivaDF

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2017
I think the reason the theory includes the "servant" part is because of how Pearl acts with Rose Quartz, which may just be a thing unique to her. You know how in love she is with Rose...
There are only so many Gems that exist, so I agree with there being multiples of Gems. I wonder if that will show up in the show at some point?

I'm one of the people who thinks Pearl was a servant/product, but I personally believe that all Gems are made with a specific class in mind. Therefore, pearls as a whole may be a high-class gem, but if Pearl was defective, she would have been cast out.

I don't really think any of this has to do with Pearl's being in love with Rose. After all, Rose does not seem to be the type who would want to "own" anybody. However, if Pearl felt alone for a long time, that would help explain why she remained fixated on her for so long, even when her love was unrequited once Greg came along.

Universe

all-consuming
Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2016
Might as well post these since we're talking about variations of Gems and multiple gemstone embodiments:

tumblr_inline_np1o5lsKqs1qkiump_500.png

tumblr_inline_np1o7a3a3r1qkiump_500.png

elasticitymudflap said:
so im thinking like a team of sapphires of various colours and a core of rubies all are low-tier in gem society, essentially pawns used to scout out planets for possible hollowing-out-and-yadda-yadda-evil, with sapphires being the strategic forefront and rubies being the force

i dont think gems on homeworld take too kindly to "unbalanced gems" tho…. and maybe an unbalanced gem is kind of obvious among gems of the same kind

[ source ]

I've actually had this same idea myself for a long time but she put it into words before me. :'D I imagine that rubies and sapphires are paired up with each other to cover weaknesses, and being that they are technically the exact same gemstone, it works out beautifully!

Rebecca Sugar has also stated in an interview that the fact the Crystal Gems all co-exist and work together as a team is about as unusual as Steven's existence. Which, along with show-based evidence, heavily implies that a hierarchy and grouping system among Gems already exists on Homeworld.

Rebecca Sugar said:
There is a lot to the world of the show that is still hidden! The show is all from Steven's point of view, and there's a lot going on on the Gem Homeworld that he doesn't know about at all, and a lot of rules that exist there that the Gems we know don't follow!

teven's going to learn a lot more soon on the show, about what each of the Crystal Gems are supposed to be… it's very different than the way they've been living on Earth. It is very unusual for Gems like Garnet, Amethyst, and Pearl to be living and working together the way they do, almost as unusual as it is for Steven to exist!

[ source ]

Perhaps certain Gems usually stick to certain other Gems? Or within their own groups? They must be very strict and orderly, with an old-fashioned approach to their multititudes of Gem types. I mean we already know Garnet's considered an oddity for: 1. Fusing in the first place, and 2. Staying fused.

And even Lapis, who is the strongest Gem we've seen so far, is afraid of a Gem like Jasper (Or at least she was until they fused). Jasper's gotta be almost right below the Diamonds in the hierarchy to get Lapis acting like a subordinate.

Years
"Defective..." you know, Pearl's gem is not a spherical pearl. Maybe she's just like Amethyst in that she's a defective product. This makes perfect sense to me.

What if all Gems are created to be part of a class system? Not necessarily all to fill a servant role, but that certain types Gems are workers, others keepers of knowledge, and a select few rulers? A bit like bees I guess.

A defect definitely seems like a possibility. I can only hope we'll get some development soon because all of these convincing theories make it even harder to wait for new episodes. Ugh.

Crystal Gem to represent you: Pearl!
Favorite episode: Rose's Scabbard
When did you start watching Steven Universe?: Whenever the first Steven Bomb was! I saw fusing singing lesbian rocks clip on tumblr and said "I need to watch this."

I don't like the theory that Pearl is mass-produced to be servants, but still I think there are multiple of gems. I do get a feeling that there is a caste system in place on Homeworld though! I think that maybe there are multiple Pearls and they may be highly intelligent and graceful which makes them a high class type. I think the reason the theory includes the "servant" part is because of how Pearl acts with Rose Quartz, which may just be a thing unique to her. You know how in love she is with Rose...

Ooh, hi there and welcome to the club! Good gem choice, have a cookie for awesome taste. Yeah, Pearl does appear to be a very servant-like gem but to me that makes it seem like they're not so much of a high-class gem if they're being produced to serve other gems. Kind of like soldiers in a war that serve their commander - they're usually not very high up the "food chain."

But yeah, a gem hierarchy is very very believable and I'm quite sold on that possibility. If it's anything I want to see right now, it's homeworld. We've been on Beach City for long enough so it's time we stepped past that border and learned more about their culture and how they co-exist.

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
Years
Actually, now that you think about it. There is mention of a "Yellow Diamond". I found it odd because it isn't the most popular color of diamonds. That could hint that there are different factions of gems under one singular ruler. I mean, Yellow Diamond sounds oddly specific. The leader would've most likely been called Diamond.

After all, Earth isn't a Gem controlled planet, so that faction of Gems who were tasked to take Earth under Yellow Diamond's command failed at what they needed to do. HOWEVER, Yellow Diamond may simply be a Luitenant, rather than the Gems' leader. What if Rose was actually... here me out...one of the leaders below the Diamonds (like Jasper and Peridot to Yellow Diamond) and rebelled against her specific faction?! It would make sense that Rose has the know how to recruit manufactured Gems from the Kindergarten like Amethyst (and possibly Pearl) to help her.

It would also make sense that Rose is a motherly figure to Pearl. Afterall, before she would've been convinced to aid Rose, she had been a drone to do the Diamond's bidding. Rejected because she had been defective. She always wanted to go back home (at the beginning of the series) because that's the only home she would've known (or one she didn't experience). It would make sense that Rose WAS a leader, but REBELLED for Greg's sake and the Earth's sake.

ShivaDF

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2017
Actually, now that you think about it. There is mention of a "Yellow Diamond". I found it odd because it isn't the most popular color of diamonds. That could hint that there are different factions of gems under one singular ruler. I mean, Yellow Diamond sounds oddly specific. The leader would've most likely been called Diamond.

After all, Earth isn't a Gem controlled planet, so that faction of Gems who were tasked to take Earth under Yellow Diamond's command failed at what they needed to do.
What if Yellow Diamond is part of a triad?
Spoiler:

Back