• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen "I choose you, ___________!"

Which starter did you choose?

• Total voters
Years
I'm definitely a fire type person. So Cyndaquil.

Though Chimchar is awesome, I prefer pure fire types to fire/fighting, though I will admit it can be useful, I just prefer straight up fire. :3

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
I chose Turtwig for my playthrough, before having an incomplete game with my Piplup which I ditched (still feel sorry...). Because he looks nice and of course I am in love with Torterra's ability to beat both starters!
And of course, as per my Water type tradition I took Totodile after having a nice breezing playthrough with it in Gold.

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2014
Grass types all the way. I chose Chikorita in SoulSilver but ended up replacing him with Dragonite later on in the game. I chose Turtwig in Pearl and kept him the whole way through, mainly to use ground type moves after he evolved in to Torterra.

Years
I didn't know Piplup was that popular among fans but yea I did pick Piplup as my starter.
For HG/SS it was Cyndaquil still.

Altair1

Willpower
Years
Didn't have to think about it much since I was going to use all three Sinnoh starters, I picked Piplup in Diamond, Turtwig in pearl and Chimchar in Platinum. Chimchar however is my preferred out of the three.

In HG/SS I picked Totodile and Cyndaquil, never liked using Chikorita...

Nakala Pri

I chose Chimchar. After seeing Piplupe's motionless body when my sister had her file, I decided I prefer monkey butt to motionless penguins. :x

Years
I loved torterra in diamond. Earthquake and leaf storm made it virtually unstoppable!

I didn't use a starter in diamond, and i have no regrets.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I tend to always choose the fire starters, except for in Hoenn. So here it's Cyndaquil and Chimchar. I just feel comfortable having a fire starter. I always keep my starter on my team and Fire is a good type to keep. Especially Fire/Fighting; even though I agree that three such starters in a row was a bit over the top, I still enjoy the typing.

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
Years
I usually choose fire types, but in Diamond I didn't like Chimchar that much so Piplup was my choice!

As for HG/SS: Cyndaquil, because fire. :D

Years
Piplup in D/P/Pt and Chikorita in HG/SS. Piplup was the cutest of the bunch in Sinnoh so I didn't have a hard time choosing, and the Chikorita line were always my favorite grass types~

Back