• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I. HATE. THIS. COMPUTER.

Years
  • My laptop doesnt work anymore, when I turn it on the screen flashes then goes black (like its off) and wont do anything, cant afford to have the damned thing fixed either so I'm stuck using my other halfs computer when he's asleep or out.

aperso

Please feel free to VM random fruit types.
    Years
  • my computer rarly has problems.but,The worest computer problem I had was I viruse which blocked the internet and this thing it asked me to install (XP home security center) was a scam luckily I didn't install it.

an illegible mess.

[i]i'll make [b]tiny changes[/b] to earth.[/i]
    Years
  • what sort of computer problems have you had?
    bsod's, harddrive failures (where the computer wouldn't turn on), issues with the laptop battery, monitor issues, random glitches, internet connection problems, viruses, trojans, sound card issues, graphics card issues, fan and overheating issues, keyboard not functioning properly, laptop mouse issues, driver issues, cd player issues, and update manager having issues installing updates.

how often do you have them?
    i used to have them maybe every single day on my old hp laptop. i usually rebooted and it worked fine, i got a new laptop (dell inspiron) and it started having some battery issues and wouldn't turn on sometimes. it also started having problems with update manager, where it would start updating, and once it reached 30%, it froze and windows popped up with an error message. i installed ubuntu, a distro of linux, and it's been working smoothly ever since. a few months ago, it randomly overheated and shut down, but after cleaning out the fan and air vents, it's been working fine.

did you try to fix them yourself or did you send them to a computer expert?
    i've always fixed the problems by myself, i'm pretty good with computers.

what's the worst thing that ever happened?
    having a harddrive failure on my dell laptop. i started freaking out when it wouldn't turn on, lol.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Well, hmmm... I've been through tons of computer problems. BSODs, laptop battery failure, hard drive failure, power supply failure, fan problems, you name it. I've been through almost every problem. Overheating is probably the most common recently, hence both my laptops overheat too much due to too much computing.

About 95% of the problems I encounter, I get to fix them myself. I use theories I learned in school as well as from my computer usage experience. If all fails, then I'll just call up an expert, but that rarely happens, though.

The worst thing that has happened to me when it comes to computers is pretty much getting a BSOD at windows login. Ugh. I had to reinstall windows again. Thankfully I had the Windows partition mounted to my Linux partition, so I backed up all my Windows stuff. ^_^

Raven-NAR-32450

The Great and Powerful RAVEN
    Years
  • Problems I've had:
    Nothing too serious, worst problem I had that i can recall was running Windows Millennium Edition.

Do I try to fix them myself:
    Yes, I try to fix my problems by myself, most of them are just the occasional simple error, nothing serious enough to even warrant the local repair shops time.

Worst thing thats happened:
    An external Hard-drive died. It was just a junk storage drive, so i didnt even lose anything important.

Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2019
    a virus on my old computer, $80? to staples, a virus on my other computer, that I still use, 120 to geek squad, even though they didn't actually fix it. Another virus on the same computer, found it, tried reinstalling windows from the recover disk, didn't work so I installed Ubuntu, then switched to Ultimate Edition 2.9, and everything has been mostly fine since the switch.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I used to have CONSTANT PROBLEMS it was absolutely terrible goddamn **** windows 98. Once I took it to a computer repair guy and he ruined it up even worse, roaoroaororaaorr.

My dad is a computer nerd worker though, he's been working with them for about 25 years, so he can fix any problems I have.

Then I got my current computer, and it's just too good to me. I've only had one major problem, which I assume was a virus. ahah I even had to message twocows to ask for help; in the end it was for the best that I just wiped the entire hard drive and re-installed Windows. Since then, no problems! I won't ever replace it.

Years
  • I'm constantly having computer problems. I push it to its limits and sometimes i push it a bit too far and break it :x
    Over the summer i think i've wiped my hard drives on more than three occasions trying to install a piece of software that wasn't compatible x] I was so close to getting it to work too D:<
    Also aside from my accidental wiping of hard drives my computer is constantly freezing up and needing to restart, but that can easily be fixed by adding more RAM. I'm just too lazy to go out and buy some xD

Back