• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I have a problem... I need to talk to someone.

Years
  • I mostly talk to my parents and my boyfriend about the things that are on my mind, mostly my boyfriend since I am that much more open with him, but I'm also quite open with my parents as well. I'd say everybody needs somebody to talk to during their time of need, and I know exactly how horrible it can feel when you're feeling bothered and there's nobody around to talk to, let alone try to understand you when you try to talk to them. So I try to be somebody people can talk to as well.

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2012
    I turn to my razor. I try and converse with it, but it is always more interested in my skin and cutting it, then talking to me. Sigh...

Last edited:

Zebeedoo

Always remember to smile. ~
    Years
  • Well, at first I'd keep it to myself for a few days at most, whatever the problem is. Unless it was very serious, I'd tell someone straight away. I'd mainly go to my best irl friend for this. Since I'm more open around her than anyone in my family. If I was to go to someone in my family, I'd go to my aunt as she's like a sister to me. :3

Charliezard

A wild shroomish appeared!
    Years
  • I don't go to anybody and sometimes I don't even deal with it myself. If it only affects me I'll leave it alone and let it get worse and worse... If it's something that affects other people I'll try and deal with it?
    I don't trust nobody with my problems.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I don't usually talk out my problems much. When I do, it usually means I'm pretty upset and I hate when people see me that way so I rarely end up talking to my friends or anything.

So I guess I usually go to my mom. She hears me out when I'm frustrated or feeling down and gives good advice. Even then, I usually go to her when I feel I have no options left to figure things out on my own.

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
  • I don't usually talk out my problems much. When I do, it usually means I'm pretty upset and I hate when people see me that way so I rarely end up talking to my friends or anything.

I'm sorta the same way. I know it sounds crazy, but I usually just turn to meditation. People all just tell you the same consolatory B.S. anyways (It will be okay, there is nothing to worry about, etc).

When I was younger, I usually confided in my mom. I stopped because she would always just tell me how weak I am, and make me feel even worse. Haha.

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    I just sit and suffer and don't talk about it. No one cares. XD

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
  • I don't like sharing my personal issues with others, not just because I feel uncomfortable but I don't like burdening other people with my crap. On the rare occasion, I go to my friends.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    my boyfriend and two of my dearest friends when i can. when they aren't available, i just rant/baw to whoever will listen but i wont explicitly tell them what my issues are. its neither that i feel uncomfortable nor burdensome, its that the majority of my friends arent capable of showing concern / giving helpful advice.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Since friends are persons I have made the choice to be with, while family I'm simply born with and tolerate, of the two I'll only really turn to friends.

Last edited:

Dubstep

Goes bump in the night
    Years
  • I'm not close to my family and haven't been for years, so I usually talk to my boyfriend or a handful of close friends. A lot of times, though, I just want to vent. I don't usually talk about my problems unless I'm really hurting, scared, or need advice.

Cloche

エスパーレディ
    Years
  • Hmm... my real life "friends" if you can call them that, are not very dependible. So, whenever I have a problem, I go to my e-family or my beautiful hubby to solve my problems. I can solve some of them on my own, but when necicsary, I go to one of those two, but mostly I can solve them on my own.

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
  • I know it's probably not a good thing, but I just bottle it up. I guess I can do that without too much stress because I'll eventually forget about it sooner or later anyway.

hiphiphippo

hip hip hurray!
    Years
  • I know it's probably not a good thing, but I just bottle it up. I guess I can do that without too much stress because I'll eventually forget about it sooner or later anyway.

samee.

i tend not to talk about my problems

my friends and i are too goofy and we cant really take it seriously when discussing problems D: lol
    at least the joking around cheers me up? ;D

idk, i just feel awkward when being open about certain things that arent as a joke

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • I have a few close friends that I'm comfortable sharing my problems with, but a lot of times I'll try to keep them to myself unless I absolutely feel like I NEED to talk to someone about it. I always try to listen to other people's problems and help them out with them though.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • I'd rather go to a stranger or someone I just met yesterday than my family members, unless if it's my cousins. My parents aggravate me to not end, so asking them for advice or help would only make the situation worse. I can't go to my grandparents nor my aunts and uncles, because they would only tell my parents. Oh, and my parents tell their friends about my problems, which are shared with others. This also happens with my parents' friends, for they tell my parents the stories of their children's dilemmas.

Ugh, I can only trust my friends. They are more family than the blood-related ones can ever be. I feel more safe, secure, trusted, relaxed, calm, etc. whenever I'm around my friends. Only the most vicious antonyms can be compared to the times when I share with my real family members. Nowadays, it seems like I go to my friends' help more than ever.

Oh The Places You'll Go.

Whatever will be, will be.
    Years
  • Talking about them out loud to myself seems to help me sort out predicaments.
    I'm usually quite the problem solver, and if I think about it in my head too much, it blows out of porportion, so I say it out loud to myself; it organizes the situation and I generally result in a solution.
    If this problem continues or I know I can never cease its existence, I talk to my best friends. If continues even longer to the point that all my close friends know, I go to my parents. :3

Rocout

TINA FEY!
    Years
  • I have a shrink, I go to him. :P

In all seriousness though, my sister is the person I go to if I have any major problems or anything. I don't share my burdens with my friends, because I'm someone who has a really low self-esteem. XD

Back