• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I have lightning-fast internet. Jelly?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    In the past few days, I've been a show off to my friends because I got faster internet than them due to the change of ISP. It's quite funny, but it's also interesting because you get to know that internet speeds in each household actually varies.

So, how fast is your internet? Go to Speedtest.net, copy the forum link and paste your results here!

Other discussion questions:
    What internet provider do you have currently? Do you like it?
    How much per month are you paying for your internet?

h-staff if y'all think this goes to LU&E, that's perfectly fine. lol

Years
    I tested my speed once everyone had gone to bed so this is my internet when nothing else is downloading or uploading.

Currently I'm with Virgin Media. I'm pretty happy with it, I've never encountered any problems and there was the whole doubling your broadband speed they did a few months ago. I don't think I've ever even had a time where the internet slowed down due to a problem on their end.
    My parents are currently paying for 10mbps download, but as I mentioned earlier they've recently doubled everyone's internet speeds so they can compete against BTs new fiber optic broadband. I'd say the speed I'm getting now is pretty damn decent since it's throwing out speeds a little bit faster than what we were told we'd be getting. Even the upload is pretty good since it's a solid 1mbps at all times and the majority of people who live in my area seem to fluctuate between 0.10mbps and 0.50mbps.

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
    Years
    Yeah I am jelly. My browser keeps crashing and slowing down for no reason.

I don't want people to see where I'm from so I'll do this manually

Ping: 31 ms
    Download speed: 6.13 MB/s
    Upload Speed: 1.03 MB/s
    Grade: C-

:I

SS01

#PoC Collab
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    This is the result I usually get now. I'm with Eastlink and I'm really happy with their speeds. Their 40Mb/s internet is about $30 a month so it's pretty nice.

Wow. Wow. Wow.

We pay $50/month for:

As you can see I'm with Xplornet, and I hate them. Unfortunately it's all that's available out here :(

Years
    The download may not be as fast as some of the posts in here, but by far, my upload speed is uh-may-zing.

We have Verizon FiOS here and I must say, they must be the most stable internet one could have (here in the states at least). It's very rare for the internet to go out without it being our fault and the bandwidth isn't shared with your neighborhood. My family pays ~$45/month or so for internet.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
    Haha, the speed test went absolutely crazy when I tried it first, determining my download speed in one second, which ended up with 5Mb/s, which is totally off. Anyways;

Pretty happy with the download speed and the most impressive upload speed, even though I'll rarely put it to use. I'm with an internet provider none of you'll probably know, and yeah, I'm pretty content with the great speed we're provided with overall.

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years

I am satisfied with my speed, and I feel like it's too fast. My hard drive can't keep up with it. It's about 13 $/month.

Years

I'm not sure exactly what we're paying for internet since it came in a bundle with our TV and phone, but I would guess it to be about $35/month. It's just unfortunate that my computer is quite old, so I'm lucky if I even manage to get 1/3rd of that download speed.

Pretor54

Dunsparce needs an evo
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2012
    I had around 2 Mbps ↑, and about 0.25 Mbps ↓. I wasn't aware, however, it suddenly changed to 5.15 Mbps ↑ and 0.64 Mbps ↓. We pay around 46 USD with a sort-of extensive use of telephone service.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
    wtf I hate you guys.

It's pretty much average as far as where I live goes. If I get into Uni, though, it'll be miles quicker because it's in the middle of a huge city!

Kroso

Sleeping soundly
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Dec 22, 2016

Honestly not too happy.
    Because my brother plays that ugly game COD most of the day

Winneon

[b][color=#fb0120]しょう[/color][color=#fc6d24]が[/col
    Years

I personally think this is okay. :)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023

Not too bad :3 With Virgin Media and I've never really noticed any huge problems connection wise; it's always been pretty fast and reliable. The only time that differs is when the computer is swarming with viruses but that's not their fault x]

Railgun

Ever Day Another New Adventure
    Years
    I wish I had fast wifi. I have Verizon and its so bad. It loads so slow up in my room.

1.25 mps for me

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    The upload speed was really weird, but yeah, I'm happy with my internet. I pay AU$79 for a phone + internet bundle, but it's capped at 120 GB. After that, it slows down. I rarely exceed 120 GB anyway, so I'm not complaining. Plus, the bundled home phone gives me unlimited calls to Australian landline and Optus mobiles, so I'd say it's good value for service. I would like an unlimited broadband plan, though. Maybe when Google Fiber comes to Australia~

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    Wow.
    But then again my bro is on PSN and dad on XBL.
    But, still...

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Answering my own topic finally lmao.

Comparing to the two open wifi access points between in my neighborhood, I pretty much beat both lmao. I finally got to ditch AT&T for Time Warner and to be quite honest, it is the best switch I've done. It's also cheap as well. Paying $30 a month compared to $40 with AT&T.

wakachamo, i am officially jelly. :P

Back