• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I haven't got anything better to do

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
this might be placed on another board...anyhow

What really annoys me is when people decide to hang around me when they haven't got anything to do. Even when I say I need to pick up my daughter from school " Oh I'll come with you" without thinking I want to spend more time with them. He came with me to pick my daughter up..Straight away my daughter said " GO HOME DAVID" he told her. No I haven't got anything to do so I'm staying.

anyhow how do you feel about people hanging around ?

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
this might be placed on another board...anyhow

What really annoys me is when people decide to hang around me when they haven't got anything to do. Even when I say I need to pick up my daughter from school " Oh I'll come with you" without thinking I want to spend more time with them. He came with me to pick my daughter up..Straight away my daughter said " GO HOME DAVID" he told her. No I haven't got anything to do so I'm staying.

anyhow how do you feel about people hanging around ?

You get annoyed by a lot of things.. yet I find it strange that you don't tell them straight up "actually I rather be alone if you wouldn't mind." Same with when other people ask you for errands. Why don't you just speak your mind instead of talking about them behind their backs?

Anyways, no, I don't mind when people hang around with me.. if I rather be alone, I tell them I need space. I don't like, however, when people try and invite themselves into my home. I've had something happen to me where, when I was more naive, I had invited a friend up because they said they just needed a quick glass of water after walking me home, then something happened that was pretty scary, but I am thankful they had enough of a mind to respect my boundaries and didn't touch me.. but what they said makes me think more than twice now about trusting people that easily- even if they are friends.
Different situation though. I'm not going into detail.

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
People usually don't hang around that often, at least not around me. Not sure if that's good or not haha. If I'm hanging around with someone, we both have nothing to do. If I have something to do people usually respect that and leave me alone.

Going with you to pick up your daughter though? That's more awkward than it is a cure for boredom.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
I'm usually alone most of the time, so it's alright if people want to hang around me, considering my bad reputation at school.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
I don't really mind if it's someone I enjoy the company of. As long as they're not very talkative, anyway. If they can't shut up, then I'll probably get annoyed.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
If I'm in a position to be hung around, and people take advantage of it because they need to hang around somewhere, then I don't mind. Mingling with people of the same species, so to speak, can never do any harm, especially when there's not much else I could be doing with my existence at that point in time. Of course, if I don't really like that person I'm sure I could find ~something~ to do.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
As long as I somewhat know them, I'm not in a bad mood or in a rush to get somewhere, and they aren't too annoying (and don't smell like toxic waste) I don't mind being in the company of people for no particular reason. I actually like being able to make small talk with friends and acquaintances, particularly if I don't have anything to do either.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 28, 2024
If they're someone I respect/like, then they can hang around, it's cool. However, if I don't know them or if I have a particular vehemence for them then I will tell them to go buzz off.
However, I tend to be in a mood quite often where I don't want anyone hanging around me full stop, so I get pissy and tell whoever they are to leave. If they stay or intentionally hang around just to piss me off, certain swear words will come out and I will give them a good ol' fashioned tongue lashing.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I'm absolutely fine with it as long as I don't have something pressing to do. I like people so if someone wants to hang I'm happy to let them :)

Back