• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I learn better by reading.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
    I'm mostly mix of Visual and Physical. I learn better by someone showing me how to do something (work, project, fixing/updating computer for example) for the first time and then me attempting to do the work.

Years
    Even though I pretty much never study in these ways, I definitely am better with verbal and social. Hearing things out loud definitely helps me remember them, especially when I'm practicing with a group of people. Every time I've done this it proved to be very effective, but of course I'm too lazy to get together with a group of friends to study, especially since most of them are busy when I'm not and vice versa.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    Im a hands on learner mostly and often the best way for me to learn something is by doing it. Im also really good at reading and absorbing what I read so I can learn by following written directions well.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I'm Visual and Logical, but I think I learn equally well solitary or in a group. I definitely prefer Visual because I can glance back at the material in order to try and absorb it. I work well with numbers and formulas; hence Logical.

I'm definitely not Physical, though.

Tetrakeet

Lilligant's Caretaker
    Years
    I have taken this test before and the result was interesting- I was 100% equal with almost all of them but, was at 0% in the Social and Verbal areas.

So, I suppose I am mix of all these.

Visual (spatial): You prefer using pictures, images, and spatial understanding.
    Aural (auditory-musical): You prefer using sound and music.
    Physical (kinesthetic): You prefer using your body, hands and sense of touch.
    Logical (mathematical): You prefer using logic, reasoning and systems.
    Solitary (intrapersonal): You prefer to work alone and use self-study.

Interestingly enough I remember sounds and music better than I do words, so verbal learning falls flat for me.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    Solitary, Logical, and most of all Verbal.

I work alone. I hate group work and I find it really difficult to work with others on projects because I don't trust anybody but myself with work that I'm going to put my name on. As for how I learn, it's through logic and words. I'm not really a visual learner, I prefer using repetitive reading.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I wouldn't call myself kinesthetic but I know doing something is the only real way to learn it, because... well, nothing else involves actually doing it.
    Still, for the learning of things that I will never apply in life, I like to be told and shown by someone else, but not as part of a group.

Hannah

beep bop boop
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Nov 16, 2021
    Visual, Logical and Social apply to when I'm in class during Math time, and Physical applies to Physical Ed.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Out of the options provided by Megan, I tend to like aural and verbal best. Unlike most of my friends, at university I tended to get more out of listening to lecturers speak about topics rather than reading their handouts. It felt as if someone was physically explaining things to me, rather than me having to read and figure things out for myself, which was kinda comforting, in its own way. If I don't understand something, I'd much rather have someone tell me what the answer is (or at least point me in the right direction) than have to read about it. And that goes hand-in-hand with music. I recently tried to learn all of the US State capitals (for no real reason apart from to give me something to do). When I was just looking them up on Wikipedia, nothing was really going in; when I listened to the Animaniacs song listing them all, they all came in instantly, and you can test me on them, if you want! :P So music and speech are a big thing with me and learning.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I'm very big into visual and social learning. I have a photographic memory and I remember conversations really well, so there you go.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Suppose I should answer my own topic finally!

I am visual and physical. I learn a lot better by looking at pictures from (for example) a cookbook, or figures in an instructional booklet. I tend to ignore the words that explain *how* to do it, but rather tend to follow the picture figures a lot better. Without pictures, I'll end up confused and tend to ask "can you explain that better please?"

Physical-wise, I've been a physical learner for as long as I can remember. I can literally grasp other people doing things like doing cartwheels, or fixing a car...and later on I find myself doing the same thing and doing them pretty well. My mom says that I tend to have very good memory when it comes to learning, because I'm good at taking pictures of things in my mind and reuse them to learn them myself. So if any of you do some trick, or dance...chances are I might learn it quickly. :P

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    Verbal (linguistic): You prefer using words, both in speech and writing.

DEFINITELY THIS
    Although I may come off as stupid on the internet, I happen to be quite good at writing essays and whatever, simply because I love writing and I love putting myself into my writing. Not so much of myself that I fail the assignment, but enough to give it flair. Same goes for verbal things; I happen to be great at giving speeches, not to toot my own horn (but I'm doing it anyway), because I love giving them. I like the attention, lol. Using plenty of hand actions and peppy words, always bordering on the edge of sarcasm is how I roll, unless I'm giving a speech on something serious. Of course, I haven't had to really test myself on this stuff in a year due to me not being in any form of college or what not, but my job relies on me being a very verbal person, so I think that my style of learning is still present in my life.

dudebot

Glowing Yellow
    Years
    A combination of verbal and logical. I tend to find the writing to be an effective method. And I utilize logic most of the time to fix a problem I know nothing about.

Back