• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I want to be a mod! um... I don't know why...

Romance Hero

문법의 경찰!
    Years
    A lot of people here say they want to join the staff, become a moderator,or an admin. My question is, "Why?" Why is it you want to become a mod? Is it the power? the desire to help others? Just the title? Or best of all... a different colored Username? xD

Let's get some solid answers here, don't just say "I want to help people" In a robotic voice. And let your true intentions be shown. Try your best to be honest.

As for me, I wanted to be a moderator for the poetry section, because as most people know, I have a passion for poetry, and it sucks to see it so inactive. There is so much creativity, and it's never revealed to others. No other particular reason. I've thought about the powers, but they're not my primary priority.

Last edited:

Hakeen

-
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2010
    For most people, I think it'd be attention. Popularity. ect.

I doubt many people at PC want to actually help out. Well, the n00bs wouldn't, but actually, most members that aren't attention crazy would.

Actually, I can't even really see why people would want attention on a forum like this when there is like, the world.

Memory

let's waste time ✖
    Years
    Probably mostly for attention and power for a lot of people, who are ignorant of the work and time it would take out of their lives to become a mod. Like if they're a mod, that makes them "better" than everyone else, and that if they're a mod they are invincible. XD; yeah, no. There's also that spiffy steel coloured username that everyone just adores.

Tangerine Fox

82% Non-Toxic
    Years
    I think you're right -- a lot of people want the name, rank, and popularity. But, modding can hard work!

I don't know if I'd want to mod here, like, right now, but I generally like it. I mod another forum, smaller than PC, of course, but I find it enjoyable. I'm decently tech-savvy and good at staying neutral when needed, even if friends are involved, so I like using those skills to help other forum members.

I'm something of a mother hen and like teaching folks "the ropes," too, and here the rank is usually helpful because they seem to think "Nice + Rank = I'll listen to them" and get a good start. And then we get more happy members, instead of cat fights, and all is right with our small digital world. =D

The weird thing about PC to me is the "mini-modding" -- I'd never heard the term and it's never once been an issue at the other forum, no other members "modding," just helping out. I try really hard not to see like a "mini-mod." |3 I don't mind being a normal member anywhere but these one forums...you can't delete your own posts if you accidentally double click, so you look like an idiot until a regional mod can fix it. :|

Years
    These are the answers I specifically asked not to be uttered. :/ Otherwise, it'd just be a copy ot this thread.

...how would it be a copy...? I'm kind of really lost. o_O;;

Well, I'm still a mod becuase, quite frankly, I like being able to find rule-breaking threads and take care of them myself instead of having to report it and wait. I'm such an impatient person. XD;; Oddly enough, I don't enjoy warning people so much, it's the technical part of it that I love. The 'popularity' and people looking up or down at me I wouldn't miss so much, and it'd take time for me to adjust to having a not-orange username after having one for a year and a half. But that's not the main reason I want to mod. :x

Years
    • MA
    • Seen Jul 26, 2008
    I have a feeling that...this thread is just Eric's cry out for attention without directly asking to be a Mod xD

If I was going to Mod a section it would be "Other Entertainment," but it makes more sense to have Careful with that axe, Pichu (Forget his new username xD) covering that with his bad-ass orange username. Plus in the last MotM you all had him with more knowledge of music than me, which about 2/3 of the threads in that section are made up of xD

Um, I never really thought of wanting to become a mod until a while ago when Marz got his position, because y'know..I'm really just that much cooler than him, and would only want it to rival his awesomeness <_<

xD Um, I know it's probably an irritating position to have with the new floods of newbs that seem to just slowly take over every thread, but it would be cool to be modded. I never brought it up with anyone before, mostly because I..don't kiss ass (Like certain other people <_<) in order to get noticed by staff, so if it ever happens, I would be up for it, but I'm not gonna..beg people for it, or report every other post I notice xD

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    Everyone wishes they had an uber kewl blue username yush

I think it's for the fame or superiority or getting da ban stick... But there are some that enjoy helping or have a certain passion for something cough.

Me, I don't know. Fame would be nice but I'm pretty tired of sending a lot of reports and feel like just doing it myself to lift some of that burden from staff... But I'd probably never be a mod here since I get enough burdens from home and school. Dx

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    If I did want to mod anywhere, it would be the tcg section. Its not exactly showing of since nobody else seems to use it, but I am really quite knowledgeable about the game, playing, collecting and the current metagame.

Years
    I'm a global moderator at another Pokemon forum, Pokemon Elite 2000. The pluspoints include that you can solve problems yourself immediately when they arise. I also can't deny that it's nice that at some stage a decision has to be made, and you take it and that's how it happens. Obviously I always try to take such decisions with as much reason as possible. Negative things would be that I get annoyed over PMs like "move this thread" or really silly requests. Also I don't like having to deal out punishments to people I like. The admin there has had one of my friends banned for a long time now, which I'm really dissappointed about.

I wouldn't want to mod here though. I'm not really active enough, so it would be no use.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    Probably for more popularity. I've never known or got near popular in my school D:

Oh yea, and I always want to close threads. Its so . . . addicting 8D

And help ppl

Inept Prodigy

Skillfully Unskilled
    Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2014
    I think that most people want it because they want power. I know some people who became staff and became somewhat corrupt, before they were fun. Some people want it for attention, I really don't know why though. Rarely, people would want to help others and contribute to the forums. Personally, I don't really care about becoming staff. If I had to give a reason though, I like dealing punishments to spammers and trolls and I don't mind being strict. I don't mind being the mean one, as I am at another place. You also wouldn't have to wait for the staff to come because you could warn them yourself.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    Most people want to join the staff out of popularity or because they're tempted by the power it can give them. Am I the only one who sincerely wants to help the forum?

I don't care if I become unpopular. I don't care if my actions appear to be totalitarian. Just drown out the n00bs, ignore their insipid queries, and disregard their futile demands. Just carry on with what must be done, for the greater good of the community.

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
    Years
    I'd want the authority. Since I would want to have the ability to stop n00bs before they begin to spam the forum. Plus of course there is fame with being a moderator. I wouldn't mind knowing more people on this board.

Anyway I have moderated on other forums before. It does get kind of tiring after a while. People coming to you all the time with questions or favors.

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
    Unoriginal, but, as Ausaudriel and Sammi said, I like the ability of taking care of things myself. If I got demoted, I'd report everything I saw, but I'd be impatient if they didn't just closed that spammy thread right away. (Though I'm late sometimes, too) But, aside from that, I like to organize the D/P forum a bit, too. People got scammed everyday so that cloning rule solved the problem. That event list helped people recognize unreal events (I know it's not perfect, but still). I sometimes feel too strict but I prefer to be that way.
    `
    AND THE COLORED USERNAME MATCHED WITH MY UMBREON THEME

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    I have been asking this to myself for quite awhile. I realize my evil temper probably means no mod for me, but we can all dream, yes? Actually, I still don't know if I'd accept in the event I was offered the position. Despite how I seem, I despise attention, so that would kinda stink.

I mean, I actually do like to help out and I sure hate reporting threads when I want to take care of things myself. I mean, the colored username WOULD rock ;) But seriously, I'd just like to keep order. and help when necessary. Not too much else. Still, being a normal member is very fun.

Back