• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If Someone Told You They Liked You...

Rabby

The Samurott Awaits...
Years
  • If someone told you they liked you...what would you say? How would you react?
    What if that someone was someone you liked or never minded?
    What will you do ;)?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    When someone I like tells me that they like me I literally get the biggest smile across my face and I get all eeeeee!! and hehehteehehheeyayay!! and other girl noises lol. It's usually pretty surprising to me because I'm the kind of person who is really unsure if someone likes me when I really like them. So I get extremely excited and all warm and weird inside. Then I eventually tell them I like them too ahah

I've never had someone outright say to me that they like me when I didn't like them so I really don't know what my reaction would be. I'd probably just kindly tell them I'm not interested but very flattered. Or idk if it was someone I didn't really know maybe I'd take them up on a date and just see how it goes, unless I'm completely unattracted to them.

YungKnowledge

Kigo & Jori Shipper
    Years
  • I giggle like a school girl honestly I have a nervous laugh that makes me nervous in a good way at least. But then I calmed down and asked how long they have liked me and everything.

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
    Years
  • "I'm flattered, but I have a girlfriend."
    I wouldn't really be flattered. I'd probably be awkward and embarrassed. But, I'm nice like that.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Probably laugh in their face and then show them to a room full of people better than me and walk away wiping tears of laughter and pain from my eyes.

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
    Years
  • Strange thing is, I just went through this like two days ago.

I sort of awkwardly said "Uhmmmm..... I don't really.... uhhhh...... I dont'... ummmm.... ♥♥♥♥ ummmm..... I don't really like..... damnit." She got the idea. I still talked to her to make her feel better, but also did a lot of stuff to make her not like me anymore. She liked me simply for my looks (I've been told that I'm very handsome :D), and didn't even know anything about me. I'm a douche and really really really energetic. People first meet me, and I'm really nice and calm. But truth is, I'm a huge douche and ♥♥♥♥ing insane. Long story short, she doesn't like me anymore (whew)

If someone I do like told me that (Never happened..... I actually have another story about something like this that happened today, but that's for another time.), I would first think about my luck, and then pinch myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming, and then respond with something like "Bahhhjsjfjjgjahahskdkhfhajajjdhgkalsd......"

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
  • I'd be embarassed. People stare at me sometimes and it makes me extremely comfortable. I've had people online tell me that they find me pretty, beautiful, gorgeous, what have you. It's quite awkward, actually.

That said, I've had to mention it once or twice before that I have a boyfriend. Typically I'll say, "I'm flattered; however, I'm already in a loving relationship." Being in a relationship, I view everyone asexually. You are all without sex for me. I don't fantasize about anyone else, imagine anyone naked, or think about anyone else. I actually had a conversation with my boyfriend earlier today about how my mind is clean: I don't "check out" other guys or imagine them naked, etc. I find shirtless men (other than my boyfriend) repulsive, ripped or not. It's the same when I'm not in a relationship (I never objectify), but when I am it's such a strong value I hold. I'm faithful in mind, body and soul, and though some might think it's "natural" to use the mind to explore, I unfortunately find it distasteful. I don't flirt either, in or out of a relationship. 100% clean thoughts.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I would be a little insulted honestly, as I've been with my boyfriend for years at this point and very few people I know now have known me not in a relationship with him; I talk about him in every conversation merely due to the fact that we spend so much time together and it would be clear that I'm unavailable. I would wonder what their end goal was, because I find it kind of crappy to put someone in an uncomfortable position like that when it's clear that they don't have interest in you that way and even more crappy if your hope is to break up their relationship.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • Giggle and blush like mad. I've only had small compliments, but someone outright telling me that they like me? It's both unlikely and absurd...I'd probably scare them away with my incessant giggling and odd, happy sounds over what they've said. If it was someone I liked, I would've probably said I liked them back, and that I really liked what they said. I'd also ask them to tell me why. If it was someone I didn't really know/like, I would say that what they said was really sweet and such, but that I'm not really interested. That, or I'd ask to hang out more. :3

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    You know, I'd be kinda excited. I think it'd be quite interesting to be on the other side of the fence, and I know it takes a lot of courage to go up to someone and tell them that. And as long as it's not someone I despise, I'd be happy to get to know them.

But honestly, in the exact moment, I'd have no clue how to respond. I mean if they ask you out that's straight forward, but if they just say they like you, there's no concrete response to give.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • If it's a guy my response would be "I'm not gay." If it was a girl I liked I would leap into her arms and kiss her passionately. Well, I wish I would do that, because it will never happen :P

For someone I don't like I'd say "Thanks for being honest and opening up about this to me but i'm sorry, I don't think our relationship can be a romantic one. Why do you like me anyway?" If they had a good enough reason maybe i'd reconsider, unless they're a)male or b)just too hideous in my opinion. I wouldn't tell them that they're hideous physically or personality wise to the point of incompatibility, just say "I'm not sexually attracted in you". It'd be pretty hard to reach that point though, I can be picky in my head but beggars can't be choosers, if someone professed interest in me I'd take what I could get.
    I'm just saying, sugarcoating would be nice. Also, "I'm not sexually attracted to you" is not a smart thing to say, for yourself. You're making yourself seem beyond thirsty. Yes, I get that a relationship can't be a relationship without sexual feelings (to some extent), but sex doesn't define a relationship.

Anyway, I've gone through this a couple of times. From guys and girls lol. A compliment is a compliment, and I am honestly flattered, but I've never been interested in any lf them. A couple I took out on dates that I sort of killed off (I gave them a chance, they didn't work). The one with a dude I smiled and politely told him I was straight. And then there was one case where the girl took it WAY too far after she wouldn't accept a no lol.

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    If it's a stranger/acquaintance/not a close friend (you get the idea), I usually handle it really well. With a snort and a, "Pfffft. Why?"

If it's someone I know rather well.. I'd be flattered and all, but, uh, my close friends know me. So that makes me wonder 'why?' even more. {XD}

Manitee

bury me alive
    Years
  • When I was in high school there was this boy that was in the same year as me but no classes. I don't really know how I even knew him in the first place. Well he used to walk up my road to get home everyday and he was ♥♥♥♥ing obsessed with me. He told all his weirdo friends that he was actually going out with me and that everyday he walked to me to my house. Everyday he'd follow me to my house asking me to walk with him, he was so weird it was unreal. Some days I would get super angry with him and he'd have the nerve to ask if he could come round to my house and talk about what's bothering me. My reply was obviously no. The good thing was that he walked super slow (in my opinion) and I walk very fast so yo keep up with me he had to run which didn't last long. I remember walking through fields and taking the longest way possible home just so I didn't have to see him. Well back to the point. He told me when I was walking home that he really liked me and asked if I would go out with him. I laughed in his face and said that me and him would NEVER happen. He threw a log at me AND slapped me across the face.

All of my best friends are girls, but I had this male friend that I used to mess around with in class. If he told me he liked me I would be really happy, I always wanted to tell him that I liked him but I didn't want it to break our 6 years of lovehate friendship.

Last edited:

Poki

Banned
    Years
  • Well, I've been in a situation where a guy who liked me told his friend how we were going out & crap like that. Then he made up other stuff about the whole situation. I only found out a few months ago, and it happened about a year ago. >_>

If someone I like tells me they like me, I'd take it as a joke & laugh. I'm too much of a realist to believe that he'd like me back. {XD}

If someone I don't like tells me they like me, I'd just tell them that I don't like them back. But, if they keep insisting, I'd tell them to gtfo. Works for me.

Calamity

Just for the love of the game.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2020
    I'd give a jolly laugh and ask who was paying them.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I'm just saying, sugarcoating would be nice. Also, "I'm not sexually attracted to you" is not a smart thing to say, for yourself. You're making yourself seem beyond thirsty. Yes, I get that a relationship can't be a relationship without sexual feelings (to some extent), but sex doesn't define a relationship.
    Maybe it does for some people. Can't that just be respected and not thought of as lowly?

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • If it was someone who I liked back, then I'd admit I like them too. If I'm not really interested in them, I'd probably say thanks, pretend to giggle in embarrassment and then walk off.

Fernbutter

Murder is the way.
    Years
  • Well that would be really weird because I can't react to that. I don't mean I like start fidgeting and being super awkward for no reason, I would just like stand there and be like: "Oh. Okay. Thanks(?)" and I wouldn't know what to do, because that has happened more than once definitely and I can say that most of the people who do say it are usually friends of mine or close friends of mine. They never end very pretty when they do happen, sooo... yeah

Back