• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen If you choose Leaf, it's kind of weird for Blue be such an ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ to you.

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2016
    This is coming from someone that never played Pokemon in the past and only watched a few episodes of Pokemon like.....maybe 15+ years ago.

This is my first week playing the Pokemon game Fire Red version.

I read some information online and learned that this is a remake of a game from past generation which only featured a male protagonist. Therefore, it does kind of make sense the way your rival acted towards you. However, do you guys feel weird when you're playing as female and choice of words he use to mock you? I mean, I don't know what happened between them in the past, but he could definitely still mock you using wordings that would make more sense to mock a girl.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I don't think there's really a reason to give the female character special dialogue. It would probably come off as sexist and cause some kind of riot or something from feminist extremists.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • As a woman, I'd rather a man treat me the same he'd treat a man if we were rivals (or in general). I don't need special treatment because my parts are different. Besides, gamewise, it would be a pain to change the rival's dialog just to suit the needs of the female character. Plus, it would take away edge from a character a lot of people know to be a jerk. That would have taken away from the game, I feel.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I don't think it's weird at all. Girls don't need special treatment and it's not as if I couldn't relate to his insults, lmao. I also am unsure about what insults he could have used instead that would have made more sense, since girls aren't that different than boys.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • I think Blue's just naturally like that.
    Eh. From above posts, I doubt the special treatment's necessary at all. I think it'd spark things happening if they went through the trouble of altering the dialogue for the female player, anyway. That, and extra coding for developers, for a few minor things. Doubt Blue would change his behaviour for a girl, too. We know what he's like.

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    Of course not! Why would the girl receive special dialogue? Rival Blue is a dick, and just cuz the protagonist would be of the different gender, there would be no reason to change the dialogue.

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2016
    I think you guys are right, his insults are so shameless to be changed. As I get deeper into the game, I am just in disbelief. Does that guy has no shame? You beat him so many times, and he can continue to trash talk. Unless if he is holding back or have been losing to you on purpose when he fought you, I cannot imagine anyone being able to act like that. He was even super rude to you right in front of his father.(isn't he even scared at all his father spanking him and teaching him a lesson?)

Maybe they should add people like Blue in other games too, since I don't see too many people in other games that are as shameless and as big of a jerk as him, since he does make the game more interesting...

I am so lucky I named him someone I hate quite a bit in life, I can't stop laughing when people mention him in game...lol.

Years
  • I think you guys are right, his insults are so shameless to be changed. As I get deeper into the game, I am just in disbelief. Does that guy has no shame? You beat him so many times, and he can continue to trash talk. Unless if he is holding back or have been losing to you on purpose when he fought you, I cannot imagine anyone being able to act like that. He was even super rude to you right in front of his father.(isn't he even scared at all his father spanking him and teaching him a lesson?)

Maybe they should add people like Blue in other games too, since I don't see too many people in other games that are as shameless and as big of a jerk as him, since he does make the game more interesting...

I am so lucky I named him someone I hate quite a bit in life, I can't stop laughing when people mention him in game...lol.

Lol. This is actually really interesting, seeing someone perceive some Pokemon aspects from completely different angle.
    The thing is that Gary was always a jerk. If you watched anime, you might remember him as the guy who was always in some expensive cars being surrounded with pretty girls. He's full of himself. Majority of Pokemon fans got used to that, a lot of us even like him, in a way, so yeah.
    Also if you are referring to Professor Oak, it's his grandfather. :)

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    When I was playing as Leaf for the first time, the words "Smell ya later" gained a completely new meaning for me.

daa5925a4f701f2a000dfbe3301d1e82.png

Back