• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

if your city had a gym, what type would it be?

Hoenn_Waters

Is patiently waiting for ORAS
Years
  • Say Pokemon is real, and your city happens to have a gym, what type would it be? I live in Bintulu,Malaysia and it's a rapidly growing town thanks to oil. So that kinda reminds me of Driftveil City, so it's ground probably. However, the national animal of the city is the pelican, so it may be water or flying type as well

Years
  • The closest major city to me is Vancouver, and I'd easily say that a Gym there would be a Water type one. One thing the city's always known for is the amount of rainfall it gets compared to many other places in Canada, plus it's right on the coast as well.

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    It's hard, haha. :( My village is plants-y and all, so it could easily be grass, but a few steps away it immediately becomes a city so yeah. xD I guess normal-type? Most people here own dogs and cats, and most Pokemon based on those animals are normal-types. The second closest type would be Electric type, since everyone here is so dependent on electricity lol.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    i'm from phillippines in negros occidental bacolod city... my city is known for being the city of smiles maybe its normal type
    Or maybe psychic with Mime Jr and Mr Mime smiling!

My town is situated in the middle of wide, open farmlands, so I imagine Grass types would suit us best. Maybe a lot of farm pokémon like Mareep, Skiddo and Miltank would live here too, but a gym would use things like Sunflora, Whimsicott, Shiftry and Sawsbuck.

lozzop

Monkey slut!
    Years
  • I'm from Manchester, England. It's sort of chavvy :p so I think our gym type would be steel or something, I just feel like it suits the city.

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2015
    I be from Wales! So, since it's incredibly cold and wet, but at the same time very green and mountainous, it could easily be Water or Grass.

Talon Flare

Learning to break kayfabe
    Years
  • Since Houston is nicknamed, Bayou City i will have a Water-Type Gym
    I will the team of
    Politoed
    Swanna, there are many swans in my city
    and Seismitoad

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2016
    I live in Chicago. Reminds me of Nimbasa City. Busy with many places to go. Electric type it would be.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • I live in Australia, so probably Grass or Fire to signify the landscape and climate.
    To be more specific, Sydney, Australia, so I think Steel would work too.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • Representing Calgary, Alberta here. And, one of the biggest attractions of my city is the Stampede. So, I'm guessing Tauros would be iconic mascot for my city, so Normal type. Although, Alberta is a oil and coal heavy province, so I guess you might say Fire types as well due to how we burn our resources for fuel, power, and such.

OR OR. Ice types. Because Calgary is an absolute nightmare in the winter. It also last for like six months because Calgary has some weird and irregular weather.

The Void

hiiiii
    Years
  • Grass/Steel because my city isn't actually that industrial yet, so it still sprawls with trees and random wild animals everywhere.

Or maybe psychic with Mime Jr and Mr Mime smiling!

My town is situated in the middle of wide, open farmlands, so I imagine Grass types would suit us best. Maybe a lot of farm pokémon like Mareep, Skiddo and Miltank would live here too, but a gym would use things like Sunflora, Whimsicott, Shiftry and Sawsbuck.

well that was a good idea butnot all psychic type smiles

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2016
    I'm from Glasgow, Scotland. But the part of Glasgow I stay in always reminds me a bit of Viridian city. With a big park being so close, kind of reminds me of viridian forest, lol. I'd go with a ground type gym.

But its funny, if you go right its the big park. Left, there's museums like in pewter city. Funny that.

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
    Years
  • Let's see... Toulouse, France. A big place for aerospace industry and home to Airbus. It also has an airport (well, the airport isn't exactly IN Toulouse, but, oh well)... flying it is.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    If it were Manhattan, I would say it would be electric. Everywhere you look, there's cars, signs, buses, trucks, lampposts, flying airplanes, and lots of other mechanical things, which all, in some way, signify electricity. Where I live, though--Long Island--it would probably have to be grass. There's lots of trees around our neighborhood, lands are filled with fresh, green grasses, and some houses have flowers growing around. If not grass, then I'd say normal. =)

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Lol my closest city is Taunton and it's pretty ♥♥♥♥♥♥. Honestly I would see the gym being poison typed because it's that gross lol. As for the town I live in I guess I could see it being a grass or normal type gym. My town is just small and quiet and nothing special with a lot of woods.

Back