• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I'm dying! Oh, Lord, help me!

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
  • Do you dye your hair or bleach it?

I can't stand the smell, it feels like my brain cells die with every whiff xD And I just never felt a need to recolor my hair.

AQ: Do you use extensions as an alternative?

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • I dyed my hair once to see how it would look on me. My hair is naturally dark brown but I dyed it to a lighter brown. It looked good, might do it again when spring comes back :)

And... no I don't use extensions :C

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    My hair is often dyed, but isn't right now. It used to be a relatively light blondish-gold color but has been getting significantly darker (it currently is kind of brownish-red :?), so I don't have need to dye it. The first time I dyed all of my hair was last summer...something went wrong and my hair turned purple. D; My best friend loved to tease about that, even after it faded.

No extensions. My hair already is nearly as long as it ever has been (which really isn't excessively long- I just used to keep it pretty short, so it never had a chance to get this long).

Last edited:

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
  • I can not dye my hair because have an problem with it, If I did not I would dye my hair in a snap. No I do not have extensions in my hair because I am too lazy to use them.

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
  • No I haven't dyed my hair nor am I planning on dying it anytime soon. Same goes for extensions. I like my hair really short, grade 2(6 mm) around the sides and grade 3(9mm) on top of my head.

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    No, I don't dye my hair, but if I ever did it might be to hide the gray that's creeping in.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
    Years
  • Never dyed it because it's too dark and I'd probably need to bleach it. Never really wanted to dye it, either. I'd have to go for my eyebrows and facial hair as well or else it'd all look like Guy Fieri a train wreck.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • I tried to bleach my hair once using actual bleach and not a hair bleacher product. I didn't work out too well and looked awful. My hair is a dark sandy brown and it turned it into a light shade of brown. I didn't like how I looked so once I cut it , I decided to never bleach or dye my hair ever again.

Bonus: Here's some pictures of me when I bleached my hair:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

KriegStein

Nuclear Reactor
    Years
  • I dyed my hair into dark brown. Its been about two years now and I have now let my natural blonde come through. It was nice being brunette for a while instead of platinum blonde. (my natural haircolor is close to that)

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    I've dyed my hair twice.... Once I had it dyed a dark brown when I was young, and I've had it dyed purple also. The purple actually looked really good on me and I'd have it dyed that color again. Or, I might have my hair dyed red.

Years
  • I would never dye my hair, especially after seeing the hair of a certain leaker I once despised (you know who I'm talking about).

Also, I like my hair right now, and handling dye is something I AM NOT GOOD AT. Hair extensions would also ruin my nice medium shoulder-length that I've been having for a while.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I dyed my hair onyx a few months ago.

The color lasted up until about last month. It looked a lot more natural towards the end, and I really like my hair darker than it is. I just wanted a change. I dyed it on a whim. I woke up and was like "I feel like dying my hair today!"

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I did dye my hair once. It didn't last very long though. Maybe sometime I'll dye my hair again and try to do a better job of it. I did like the color my hair came out but at the same time I do like the color of my natural hair.

Schnider

→ Beautiful ☆
    Years
  • I haven't dyed it ever and I don't plan to do it anytime soon. I like the natural black that I have. If I start having white patches of hair, I'd much rather have those than dye my hair because..idk, I think I'd just prefer it that way. And similar to you, OP, I can't really stand the smell. :c

Guest123_x1

I have kept my natural hair color (dark brown) all my life, however I have thought a few times of dyeing it some sort of blonde.
    I"m not the kind of person that would use extensions.

Years
  • Naturally, I'm medium to dark brown and on the cooler side of the spectrum (no red or bronzy tints naturally).

When I went to college, I kept dying it auburn. My hair looked pretty sexy red, if I say so myself. ;) I've since stopped. Constantly dying it is a pain.

I actually used blond hair dye I had lying around the house recently. Since I didn't bleach before I used it, it just lightened my hair a bit. Makes me want to try going blond someday, but that would take effort, so I probably won't.

There's nothing wrong with my brown hair, either. My stepdad said as a kid that my hair was fine as it is, but I always wanted to have orange hair (still haven't tried it lol). A hairdresser once complemented me on my hair color when she was cutting my hair. It felt really nice even if she didn't really mean it for some reason. I've mostly felt my hair color is just plain. But there's nothing wrong with that.

I don't do extensions. Or styling, for that matter. It just is how it is.

Toutebelle

Banned
    Years
  • No, I don't dye it. Nor do I want to. I couldn't dye it blond because my hair is very dark brown, almost black. Nor do I want a weird color.

Back