• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I'm sorry but you smell so we are breaking up

Sirfetch’d

What are the biggest deal breakers in relationships for you? Use past experiences if you want to!

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Cheating is pretty much where I draw the line. This doesn't include harmless flirting with other people, but I think that's mostly because I have a hard time distinguishing when someone's flirting with me than when they're being nice, so sometimes I tend to lead people on because I'm just nice to new people. For the most part I try to be as understanding as possible.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • Head games (ergo not talking or behaving vindictively and without explanation), other undisclosed relationships (meaning I don't mind polyamory as long as we're both allowed and okay with it), breaking the team mentality (I don't function outside an equal and open ground with most relationships), and finally actively keeping secrets (I see no need for that at all and find dishonesty unattractive). That's about it.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Cheating is the ultimate deal breaker for me. Physical or emotional you're wasting my time. I'll never trust them again either so there's no point for me in it anymore.

I've also come to really value me time and time with friends and I no longer can be with someone who wants to always hang out with me and then when we're not together texts and calls me and is just up my ass all the time.

Last one is and I never thought would be the ability for you to get along with my friends and family. I always thought if you like someone those things don't matter and your feelings for them will overcome that but no.

Last edited:

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • Head games (ergo not talking or behaving vindictively and without explanation), other undisclosed relationships (meaning I don't mind polyamory as long as we're both allowed and okay with it), breaking the team mentality (I don't function outside an equal and open ground with most relationships), and finally actively keeping secrets (I see no need for that at all and find dishonesty unattractive). That's about it.

It sounds like you come with a user manual :P

GUIDE TO RELATIONSHIP WITH ALEX

1.0.4a: The Team Mentality

Years
  • Cheating is one of the worst things a partner could do, I think. Violation of trust, a major building block of any relationship, is a big deal. Thankfully, I've never been cheated on, and I've never cheated on someone myself, but I can only imagine how devastated I'd be to hear that my significant other had secretly been having relations with someone else.

Yukari

I've only been in one relationship and never intend to again. So I guess being in a relationship is a deal breaker. :P

Sirfetch’d

Gonna have to agree with all of you guys who said cheating! That would be number one for me as well haha. Relationships are built on trust and if that is breached well...there can't be one imo

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
    Years
  • I've only been in one relationship and never intend to again. So I guess being in a relationship is a deal breaker. :P

Hang on hang on hang on hold the phone stop right there thank you

Like, even if you liked someone and they liked you back, and they were the most wonderful special person in the world you wouldn't even give it a shot? Cynicism isn't cool and isn't going to see you off very far beyond your teenage years when it comes to life. :(

Personally my deal breakers are well... trust first and foremost, our compatibility in general needs to be ridiculous, and distance >80 miles is also a no for me.

srinator

When the girl can't even trust me, I don't see the point of a relationship. So that's one. Ugh main reason I broke up recently ><

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • Getting dumped without the person even TELLING you it's over. That's happened to me once before. I had an online relationship wit someone, and he ended up leaving Facebook without even facing me to tell me he was dumping me. It was the worst feeling ever. -_- I had to find out from a ex-friend.

Years
  • Cheating is a given so I don't think I have to mention that in this thread.

I don't like guys who don't keep themselves clean. If you shower and brush your teeth once a week then we're just not going to work out even if you're an amazing person beyond that. Obvious flirting is another deal-breaker as I'm fairly possessive and don't want to see that happening. Please don't sit at home 24/7 playing video games, either, but I can work with you to remedy that.

Otherwise, I think I'm a pretty accepting person!

Volcarona

then live beautifully until the end
    Years
  • I don't like it when guys put their arm around my shoulder or their hand on mine when I hardly know them. I don't want people in my personal space. No wonder I've been single my entire life.

Sheep how could you rule out video games all day every day?!

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Why do people keep saying cheating as if that's not something that's a dealbreaker for most people? Cop-out answers.

Getting dumped without the person even TELLING you it's over. That's happened to me once before. I had an online relationship wit someone, and he ended up leaving Facebook without even facing me to tell me he was dumping me. It was the worst feeling ever. -_- I had to find out from a ex-friend.

So you're saying if someone dumps you, you won't be with them anymore? I am shocked. Shocked I say!

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2014
    Top deal-breaker.. Cheating. That is an obvious one. Flirting counts as cheating in my book as well. I strongly dislike liars, unless it is a white lie. Sorry "hun" but if your dress makes you look fat, you will have to ask someone else because no matter what I will lie and say it doesn't make you look fat, and that I just don't like your dress. I lie to spare feelings and that is the only time it is okay in my opinion

Years
  • This isn't really applicable to me anymore because I'm married, but here are what my deal breakers were.

Apart from the obvious answers people have already given:

1. Respect. I could never be in a relationship with someone who didn't respect me. For example, dismissing things I say because I say them, thinking I'm lesser than them.

2. Moral values. If a partner disagreed with me on a moral level, there wold be serious issues in the relationship.

3. Religion. As I don't believe in anything, I don't think I could date someone who followed religion simply because there would be arguments and it wouldn't be worth it.

4. The willfully ignorant.

Faye Rose~

Resilient
    Years
  • Cheating is an obvious one.

Dishonesty, sneaking, all that jazz.

Flirting with others, is a big one for me. If you're in a relationship, your eyes should never wander off of that person.

In my opinion it's just ridiculous that some people think it's okay to do so.

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    Smoking cigarettes/weed or chewing tobacco, not showering or keeping up hygiene in general, not wearing deodorant, being a lifeless dult/really stupid constantly, pretending to like me just to avoid hurting my feelings, cheating, telling other people my personal secrets, any non-playful physical violence towards me whatsoever, etc. I'm very strict and if they don't abide by this, then I'm out.

Years
  • Cheating is by far the most common reason people break up, I'm sure. However, how about lack of communication, or willingness to communicate? My ex broke up with me originally back in August last year because I told her I was busy and couldn't reach out to her at the moment, but would do so later. However, she was literally messaging me nearly 24/7 at the same time as well.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2014
    Cheating is by far the most common reason people break up, I'm sure. However, how about lack of communication, or willingness to communicate? My ex broke up with me originally back in August last year because I told her I was busy and couldn't reach out to her at the moment, but would do so later. However, she was literally messaging me nearly 24/7 at the same time as well.

See, that's another one, Zach. Over-obsessive people. It's nice to be claimed and its nice to know they are yours 24/7 but they don't need to constantly send messages. If you are in a conversation fine. But what were you busy with? Video games with friends? If that was it I know to reply within at least 10 minutes because I enjoy having all of my appendages. But if you were at work or something, then you shouldn't reply. You are busy. But girls, in my experience, want to feel like they are everything, which means texting them at lunch break and random surprises, kisses from behind, everything. That's why I date tomboy's, they're happy to join you on video game night with your friends and as long as communication is kept, everything goes smoothly... with the occasional surprise to make her feel special that is.

Back