• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I'm Still Watching Because...

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    If you're still keeping up with the anime, why are you still watching the show? If you stopped watching, why did you stop? For those who stopped watching: do you intend to try and pick the anime back up? For those still watching: are you going to continue watching into the new saga, Sun/Moon?

dudealmighty

The Very Best
    Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2016
    'Cause I love Pokemon lol
    I can't just not watch it. It's too important to me. The show is what got me, and most people, into the games. It's a big part of the franchise and I just care about it that much. I'll always wanna know how Ash, Pikachu and Team Rocket are doing and I'll definitely follow Sun and Moon. They change characters every four years but I always get attached to the new ones too. It's just an experience, y'know? I'm on that journey too.

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2018
    I stopped watching during season 2 because I got into Digimon and basically forgot about Pokemon, only catching bits of a few episodes when going through channels and seeing things on their Facebook page. Playing Pokemon Go made me want to watch again and see what I've missed since the point I stopped watching. I watched season 2 recently and now I'm watching season 3 which I find to have too much filler and a little dull compared to the first two seasons. Right now I intend to watch up to at least season 5 to finish the original series, and the episodes after that with returning characters along with Chronicles and Origins. I might watch Sun/Moon out of curiosity because it looks like it'll be very different from others, and if I see there will be anything special put in for the 20th anniversary.

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2019
    I've been watching since kanto. However I took a break when XY started and started watching other cartoons and only in the last few months come back to it.

I have been watching XY on and off lately though and have started from kanto and making my way up again. I'm on season 5 and almost done with that.

I watch because I enjoy the show and nothing more. It's something to keep my mind of the stresses of life.

The reason I took a break is because I kind of got tired of the show. While i did come back after the short break I admit I'm not as into the show as I use too.

I'm not sure if I'll continue into sun and moon anime or not. I might give it a go but I'm more into the sonic boom cartoon now and am considering shifting away from pokemon anime and sticking more to the games once I finish my rewatch right to season 19.

It'll all depend how I feel when it airs. I'll either watch it or I won't. It's all up in the air for me at the moment.

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    I will probably always watch pokemon. I just enjoy seeing the towns and people in the anime. I love seeing what pokemon Ash catches and everyone else. Unova was heaven for me. I loved seeing all the different people and pokemon, although I think they went a little overboard. But I did like how everyone had at least 1 Rival.

I lost a lot of interest in Pokemon during Sinnoh. There is no telling how many episodes I missed. I don't know why, but that was just the end for me. I think this was because they shifted the pace a lot. They went from showing 10 episodes a week to 1 episode a week and they changed the date without telling people.

Diamond and Pearl were my last games until HG came out. I slowly got back into it, but when Unova was first announced, my entire love for pokemon came back at full power. A fresh start. The games were amazing and I loved seeing 156 new pokemon, catching all new pokemon and no old ones.

I caught the tail end of Sinnoh League Victors and the theme song alone got me back into the anime.

I missed a lot of episodes, but that was largely due to the fact that I didn't have DVR until near the start of Kalos and it just came on too early for me to get up and watch it. I did start to lose interest after the League in Unova, but that was largely due to the amount of fillers. Almost suffering the same fate as Sinnoh.

So I will always watch pokemon. No matter how many times they reset Ash and no matter how many times he loses a League, I will keep watching as long as they keep making them. Pokemon is still one of the best shows and beats basically all American made shows on Cartoon Network and Nick. Ash keeping all of his pokemon at Oak's for the start of a new Gen is just like us starting from scratch every pokemon game, so it doesn't bother me.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    I've been watching since kanto. However I took a break when XY started and started watching other cartoons and only in the last few months come back to it.

I have been watching XY on and off lately though and have started from kanto and making my way up again. I'm on season 5 and almost done with that.

I watch because I enjoy the show and nothing more. It's something to keep my mind of the stresses of life.

The reason I took a break is because I kind of got tired of the show. While i did come back after the short break I admit I'm not as into the show as I use too.

I'm not sure if I'll continue into sun and moon anime or not. I might give it a go but I'm more into the sonic boom cartoon now and am considering shifting away from pokemon anime and sticking more to the games once I finish my rewatch right to season 19.

It'll all depend how I feel when it airs. I'll either watch it or I won't. It's all up in the air for me at the moment.

This. Pokemon anime is really naive and fun. It distracts from RL <3

Guest123_x1

I stopped watching regularly shortly after Kids' WB got into the Hoenn saga, not only because I was starting to get bored with the increase in fillers during most of the Johto saga, but also because you know who left and I was also starting to notice that some of the same annoying patterns were being repeated even then.

I don't have cable so that I could catch up with the upcoming Sun/Moon run, and I can't really get myself to watch whatever there is from Hoenn to early Kalos on Pokémon TV. Besides with all the controversy surrounding the upcoming region...

zeno101200

The Wanderer
    Years
    Since I got back into it for XYZ, I don't think I can get back out ever again. It's just so much fun with the possibility for light and fun or dark and dangerous stories. I love it so much again, I'm gonna eventually go through each season and review them. But the characters, stories, and animation are all just so fun to me!

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
    Years
    I guess, I still watch because of...well... obligation I guess. (I do legitimately love the XY saga though)

I've been here since the beginning and hopefully I'll be there till the end.

To me it's just like watching other long runing shows, such as Detective Conan[Case closed] which is over 800+ and One Piece which is over 700+. I like watching them though so I don't really have a reason to drop them :D

BTW Conan has been a kid longer than Satoshi/Ash :D

Even if I hate the Satoshi/Ash redesign, I'm Still going to watch Sun and Moon...

Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2016
    I reconnected with Pokemon after Go came out, but have since then quit go and honestly just love the creative scenarios, all the new pokemon and generally good vibes. I love the storylines, even if they are all so similar, it's cool. It's like these people exist in this realm, or other world I guess and we get to follow their lives. :)

Back