• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Imagine if you were a Professor

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Probably some kind of traveling researcher, who travels from region to region collecting data about certain social aspects and focusing in criminal organisations. I mean stuff like finding out, why every region seems to have one of these Teams that try to do whatever they are trying to do, how they do it and how it fits into the region they're calling their home. That also includes calculations of certain actions they could take as a means to prevent said actions to an extend and lowering the influence these teams have in general.

The Pokemon world can't always rely on ten year old child trainers who just started their journey a couple weeks ago. :D

Don't know what I'd call myself, though...

Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2015
    Professor Maximus and Id study further on Mega Evolutions and the causes of why certain Pokemon can or cannot.

Like your idea! And definitely agree that the Pokemon world can't be left up to a 10 year old all the time!

Last edited by a moderator:

TheUnit684

Heedrim
    Years
    I'd definitely be a professor in Johto, my fav region. The thing I like about it is how it feels old. You can tell there is some kind of history to everything, and it's kind of mystifying. I would probably study history, particularly the history of Dragon Pokemon. We know Tyrantrum once essentially ruled the earth. Did this make him more powerful than other dragon types? Is he, perhaps, the common ancestor of all dragon types?

I'd also study exactly how attacks and their typings can inflict certain varying amounts of damage, and perhaps also look into some kind of selective breeding to see if it would be possible to eliminate weaknesses without adding new ones. Essentially, I'd be using my research of the history of dragons and dragon-like Pokemon to perhaps restore the power they once held, if they did indeed once hold power. I'd probably work out of Blackthorn, because duh. Professor Pitaya (I know it's a bit of a stretch, but I really wanted to make the play-on-words).

On second thought, I sound kind of like an evil scientist. Oh well :P

Years
    Professor Cypress sounds like a good name.

I would study pokemon aesthetics and their variations.
    (female/male differences, shiny pokemon, formes, color/pattern variations)

Years
    My name would be Professor Hemlock

As a professor, I would definitely study shinies. Why are they so rare? What changes their color scheme? Are regular Pokémon capable of changing into shinies? I would probably start by studying their genetics and such, and see if alleles have anything to do with their physical color. Quite possibly if a certain gene or allele is transferred over, a regular Pokémon's color scheme could change. Stuff like that. After all, there isn't an explanation as to why or how a Pokémon could be shiny. So why not be the first to answer that?

Last edited:

Saki

The Fire Fox
    Years
    I would like to be a professor who research habitants (Pokemon - environment interactions) as well as Pokemon-Pokemon interactions. I would like to know why certain Pokemon pick the environments they live in, and how they interact with that environment and the Pokemon around them! It would be interesting to understand why Zangoose and Seviper don't just claim separate territories as opposed to fighting, etc.

Being a Pokemon Professor sounds like a ton of fun, I must say! :)

Back