• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Immortal?

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
Years
  • Seeing as I believe in the afterlife, I would say no to living forever. Besides, I imagine that once the Earth is gone, still being alive would get real boring real fast.

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
    Years
  • If I stayed young looking, between 19 - 25, then heck yea! I'd do tons of crazy stuff, like fall down a cavern, get into fights, do whatever I wanted. Oh yea...

The Kidd

Godly Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2013
    Oh heck no! Being immortal is something that I would not want to do be, just think that you will live forever seeing every loved one die, your wife/husband, children, family and closests friends. Just knowing everytime you get close to someone you see them pass on it would leave me devastated.

I strongly recommend you guys to watch The Green Mile with Tom Hanks to get a better understanding of what I mean.

helix

tea-binger.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 21, 2016
    I desire great knowledge, yes, and being immortal would obviously grant me that, but it's not worth my right and ability to die. I don't want to see my relatives and loved ones die around me, either- it'd be terrible to me. I'd have to prevent myself from loving anyone, because they would eventually die anyway. I prefer to have a normal-lengthed but very awesome one life. An eternity is far, far, far too long for my tastes xP

An-chan

Whoops.
    Years
  • No, I would never say yes to being immortal. I'd like to live long, yes, maybe even tens of thousands of years, but I wouldn't want to be immortal. To me, it just doesn't seem that great. Yeah, the first million years might be fairly interesting, but after that, there just isn't anything you haven't already done. There are no foods you haven't tasted, no possible places you haven't visited, no stories you haven't heard a thousand times before. Maybe I'm a bit pessimistic that way, but I don't think it would be fun.

Even less so if I didn't age at all! Being on my twenties for eternity would totally suck. I want to be a writer, and some kid as a writer just doesn't feel very credible to me. Also, if I had kids, I would always look the same. Guess how much that'd freak out other kids? "Hey, you're fifteen, so how come your mom looks like she's twenty? How young was she when you were born?"

Nope, I wouldn't want to be immortal. Maybe I'm a bit weird, but eternity seems like a little too long of a lifetime for me. I'm not afraid of dying. I want it to happen one day. I don't want to live forever. It sounds pretty scary to me...

I'm writing a story, though, where a person is immortal ^-^ she's also invincible so she can't kill herself even if she wanted to. That proves to be problem for her...

Also, the manga Mermaid Saga by Rumiko Takahashi has a pretty interesting point of view to immortality. I really liked it ^-^

ErickaVolt

Born to kill.
    Years
  • I would want to be immortal. I want to travel around the world, knowing everything in this world and knowing the meaning of life. There's a lot of this to do in this world. Being immortal is cool.

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    Yes; I am a keen observer of events.
    I'm quite the same, but then I'd end up being idealistic on how the world should go round and end up killing people that "deserved" it.

But you're not invincible, though. Being invincible means that you're invulnerable to everything, including death.

Immortality only keeps you living.
    Doomsday is invincible, he can die. Immortally means never dying or decaying. Which basically means you get stabbed in the heart the heart will not start to decay therefore will continue to function and heal up, eventually. You still could go to a hospital to get stitched up and heal faster. Presuming an immortal still heals as fast as a mortal.
    Also if there is an issue about pain, that's all psychological, once you get used to being stabbed, shot or whatever you won't feel pain.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
  • Of course I wouldn't want to be immortal. Being immortal can almost be like torture in most cases.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Hell no. I say let me die at 100 years old. I mean unless you got an infinite cash supply to pay your electric bills phone bills and such then no. I mean who would marry a mortal women only to know she will die in 50 or so years and you wont bew able to see her ever again? Im sorry but the whole immortal idea is just stupid.

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    No way. I don't want to be stuck in a body that gets increasingly costly to take care of

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
  • It depends. If you're evil, then the chances are you'll become immortal. But you'll be tormented by adversaries forever. But I'd rather not be, it'll be boring.

NoBel_ToKYo ™

OpEN Up YoUR HoRIzOns
    Years
  • I'd go so far as to say that people are mortal for a reason.. (my spiritual side taking control there XD)

But seriously, i would never want to be immortal. Watching everything decay around you? An unlimited life would undoubtedly break the individuals spirit eventually, considering that you wouldn't have a will to live, because you wouldn't NEED one.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Here is the age old question, "If you were givin the chance, would you become Immortal?"

EDIT: I would say yes.

Definitely not. Life's for living and everything, but if we were meant to live forever, we would've been born immortal. Sort of like flying; if we were meant to do it, we would've been born with wings. I intend to live my life to full potential and make it to a ripe old age, experiencing different things as I go along, but I wouldn't want to hang around.

As Dumbledoor once said, "death is not but the next great adventure." Why would I want to miss it?

AtomicoExploda

I don't know.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2013
    No! If I did like everything I could do then i'd just get really bored, it's better to age.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    I would definitely be immortal. I can get to be anything I want to be (doctor, scientist, etc.), while watching the world turn old.

I could learn all the languages of the world, which would be awesome.
    Vampires aren't real. *shot*
    Actually, in the early fifteenth century (I think), a redheaded woman believed that she was a vampire, so she snuck into her neighbors home. While they were asleep, she bit them on the neck to point where she could actually suck out the blood. After that she took the rest of the bodies and bathed herself with the rest of the blood. Nasty, huh?

i'm a bubble. pop me.

What words would satisfy you?
    Years
  • No, if I could choose i wouldn't want to be i immortal. Like Rekhyt said: it was just not meant to be. However, if I was given immortality anyway (against my will), I would try and use it well (just learning about the world and ppl etc...). Though I am not sure how much i'd appreciate living forever. I really can't imagine...:\

Back