• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Immortality

Immortality?

• Total voters

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
  • hell yes, as long as I stay physically youthful. I rarely make close relationships, so that concern is out, and with immortality, I can become a superhero of sorts and finally make something of myself.

kissing. raindrops

just jump, you might fly <3
    Years
  • No. What happens when you're the last human being in existence? What happens when the universe is completely void of life and energy, and is just a dark void? Then you still have an eternity of nothing. So no. Dying eventually is good.
    ^THIS. Is amazing, and says it all. I guess I'm not scared of death, cause it's the "circle of life", and everyone dies, but I am kinda scared of where you go after you die, what happens, etc.. But if you were alive forever, frozen at one age and unable to die, you would never have even one person by your side until you "die" (which is.. nnever). So.. It would suck. I guess I wouldn't do it.

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    I think a Narnia quote can answer me this time;

"No thanks, I don't know that I care much about living on after everyone I know is dead. I'd rather live an ordinary time and die and go to Heaven'.

charizard_maa

Queen Chair
    Years
  • No thanks. I mean being able to live forever would suck since you see the same things over and over again. It just won't be fun. I mean it be fun for the first few decades but really after that 'honeymoon' phase has pasted then it be just not worth it. I think I would be begging to die.

Also it would suck to see friends, family and love ones die. I wouldn't be able to handle that. The feeling of being alone.

Cornelius

Video Game Addict
    Years
  • I would never want to be immortal. Even though there's so much I want to do, I do eventually want to die and return to the Afterlife and see my Grandmother and other various family members who have died.
    I could never truly be at peace while living forever.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • No, because he's a creepy old stranger
    I wouldn't accept the offer of immortality because I don't fancy living for ever and ever and ever and ever at the same age. I wouldn't enjoy that at all.

Ritchie

EV trainer
    Years
  • I'd say no. Inmortality is for Chuck Norris and no-one else. By the way, I read a book about it (inmortality, not Chuck) some years ago it's named Tuck Everlasting, a brief child story.

Lucent

✿ border of life
    Years
  • Hmm... I have to admit, after reading a fantasy novel like Tuck Everlasting, I would have to say no. While I don't know if you would still age while being immortal, or if you'd stay the same age forever like in Tuck Everlasting, I wouldn't want things to change around me. Not only that, but because things are changing, people grow up. And that would mean I'd run into adults I knew when they were children. There would be a chance they'd recognize me. And that would creep them out. So, like in Tuck Everlasting, I'd probably have to resort to hiding in someplace that seldom travel by.

I also believe in coming back to Earth anew, as deja vu does happen for a reason. And people have had visions of their past lives, so... I'm not saying I believe in reincarnation (which is completely different than coming back to Earth in a different form without consciously remembering anything in your past lives), but... Yeah.

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
  • I would say no... unless I can reverse it. I would love to see all of history progress, and it's not like the death of my loved ones will effect me for a longer time than ten years. But even then... it would be pretty boring, and you can still feel pain.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Had you, or someone else, asked me this three or so years ago, I would have accepted hands down. But seriously, with all the things happening in the world right now, I don't think I would want to live with it. Because, seriously, this world is started to get really screwed up because of the idiots in it. I can barely stand it as it is. Especially with all of the most retarded things going on (which are usually posted in Other Chat, and I'm sure others would agree that the majority of the articles there are based on strange situations).

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • No, it'd be a curse. While it'd be cool to see how the future goes, it's not worth it. I'd lose all of my friends and family and that would be no fun.

I'd ask if he could give me a power I actually wanted like to be able to control time, the weather, or be able to shape-shift.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • no thanks, I'd much rather have the power to bend time and space or have ultra telekinetic powers but still age that way I can go back and relive the good days if I outlive my friends.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • Over the past few years (maybe 1 or 2 people every year for the past 5 years) I've had so many people pass away that was close to me (grandparents, family, friends). It's not a feeling I like. And having that happen over and over and over again for hundreds or thousands of years... Sure, you'd get to see time go on and watch how much the human race changes. But to also watch the the death of every single person you get close to... I couldn't live with that (no pun intended).

Sal Kar

B.F.S. [Big Friendly Slav]
    Years
  • Of course.
    You make new friends.
    But think of what you could do, with all eternity to do anything.
    Think of what you could accomplish.
    Its a win-win.

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
  • Immortality isn't going to be possible when we have toxic methane gases destroying entire ecosystems in the next 10-15 years. So you would only be able to live to see the world become a gasey pit of death. I'll take my 70-80 years.

Back