• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script: Improved Field Skills [v20.1] [DEPRECATED]

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2023
    Surf and Strength (possible more) HM moves are available even though I have no badges and
    Code:
    HM_SKILLS_REQUIRE_BADGE = true
    and my settings are:
    Code:
      FIELD_MOVES_COUNT_BADGES = true

BADGE_FOR_CUT       = 1
      BADGE_FOR_FLASH     = 2
      BADGE_FOR_ROCKSMASH = 3
      BADGE_FOR_SURF      = 4
      BADGE_FOR_FLY       = 5
      BADGE_FOR_STRENGTH  = 6
      BADGE_FOR_DIVE      = 7
      BADGE_FOR_WATERFALL = 8

Any thoughts?

Years
    • Seen today
    Surf and Strength (possible more) HM moves are available even though I have no badges and
    Code:
    HM_SKILLS_REQUIRE_BADGE = true
    and my settings are:
    Code:
      FIELD_MOVES_COUNT_BADGES = true

BADGE_FOR_CUT       = 1
      BADGE_FOR_FLASH     = 2
      BADGE_FOR_ROCKSMASH = 3
      BADGE_FOR_SURF      = 4
      BADGE_FOR_FLY       = 5
      BADGE_FOR_STRENGTH  = 6
      BADGE_FOR_DIVE      = 7
      BADGE_FOR_WATERFALL = 8

Any thoughts?

Are you testing this in Debug mode?

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2023
    Looks like it was just an issue while DEBUG is on. Thank you for this plugin. It is awesome!

Years
    • Seen today
    Looks like it was just an issue while DEBUG is on. Thank you for this plugin. It is awesome!

Yeah when Debug mode is on, the game always considers the player as having all necessary badges to use HM moves. My plugin uses this same check that Essentials already uses, so because Debug mode counts as having all badges, my plugin also considers this as having all badges as well.

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2023
    I thought the required badge boolean doesn't work! Turns out, you have to play the game and not run it through rmxp, because in rmxp, every skills works without badge requirements but in game.exe, it works as intended, the plugins checked if you actually have the badge and if not, the skills are grayed out. thanks :)

Years
    • Seen today
    ATTENTION! Final Version!
    With the release of Essentials v21, the current version of this plugin (v1.0.4) will be the final version of Improved Field Skills for v20.1. Going forward I will instead be fully focused on v21, so I will no longer be updating or supporting this plugin. I intend to take a break before I even start thinking about how or when I'm going to start working on a v21 iteration of the plugin, so don't ask me about a time frame for release. I will keep this plugin available in the meantime. But this iteration of the plugin will eventually be removed once a v21 successor is released and takes its place. I will give fair warning before this happens, so don't panic.

See you all in v21!

Back