• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen In-Game Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

SleepingTyrant

Pokemon Treasure Hunter
    Years
    I cannot seem to scan Secret Base QR codes. It gives me an error, "You have favorited the maximum allowed number of Secret Bases, so the data could not be read," even though I have nothing on my favorites list. :/
    Any thoughts why this is happening?

Idk, I'm finding secret bases in places from passers by...maybe that has something to do with it.

TheSyren

Veteran Breeder
    Years
    Dig, teleport, fly, waterfall, surf, flash, sweet scent, strength, rock smash, cut, and dive. i believe thats it. now if you want a list of abilities... i really dont know all of those.

Years
    I cannot seem to scan Secret Base QR codes. It gives me an error, "You have favorited the maximum allowed number of Secret Bases, so the data could not be read," even though I have nothing on my favorites list. :/
    Any thoughts why this is happening?

I just had the same issue and fixed it by removing some of the Secret Bases from Passerbys on my Secret Base list. Apparently those count as 'favorites' for some reason.

Frostinite

PrettyFrosty
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 19, 2015
    Does anyone in PC stream on Twitch?
    I'm currently slightly bored while training up a Vullaby so if anyone is streaming right now let me know :)

Also, I'm gonna bump this question since I asked another without properly answering and it still hasn't gotten an answer....plus I am a bit curious about it as well.

I figured it out myself so it's okay, but for those who haven't or do not know how this works it goes like this,

You can find pokemon with better IV's using the DexNav.
    The Potential meter is actually symbolizing how many IV's a pokemon has at 31 (Max IV's) In any given stat.
    So for every star that is lit white this means the pokemon has a random stat with 31'IV's if all three stars are lit and there is a red ! next to it that means the pokemon has 3 or more IV's of 31 in any given stat.

To increase the chances of finding pokemon with increased IV's you have to chain the pokemon so basically the more you encounter it the higher the search level goes. On the dex nav it goes from Level 1 to 100 once you hit 100 it will reset. Not sure if this affects your chances of finding better stat'd pokemon so ill have to investigate more i'm currently Chaining ralts to get a shiny. I'm at level 91 and i have only found 2 Ralts with the potential 3 star +
    So getting a Ditto With Perfect IV's is actually alot easier this game round.

Volga

The Dragon Knight
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 19, 2023
    On the dex nav it goes from Level 1 to 100 once you hit 100 it will reset.

Are you talking about the Search Level, it doesn't reset at all, ever. My search level on Snorunt in the 400s, and I believe it caps at 999.

Frostinite

PrettyFrosty
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 19, 2015
    Are you talking about the Search Level, it doesn't reset at all, ever. My search level on Snorunt in the 400s, and I believe it caps at 999.

My mistake then i have not got to the 100 point yet i found my ralts at 98 so i stopped as it have 5 perfect IV's.
    so it actually goes past that thats great to know. I'll edit the quick guide i made.
    Thanks!

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    I just had the same issue and fixed it by removing some of the Secret Bases from Passerbys on my Secret Base list. Apparently those count as 'favorites' for some reason.

...That seems stupid, but thanks for the info! I'll try it out later during my lunch break! ^^

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Both my event pokemon (Shiny Gengar and Shiny Metagross) when I take them to the memory girl in Lilycove City both say "The pokemon seems to have a good memory, but it doesn't seem to be able to remember…" and then it goes onto other things that I have done with it, so I have to ask, is this a permanent thing with event pokemon, or is it some kind of foreshadowing that maybe after I finish the game or do something that it will be able to remember?

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    Both my event pokemon (Shiny Gengar and Shiny Metagross) when I take them to the memory girl in Lilycove City both say "The pokemon seems to have a good memory, but it doesn't seem to be able to remember…" and then it goes onto other things that I have done with it, so I have to ask, is this a permanent thing with event pokemon, or is it some kind of foreshadowing that maybe after I finish the game or do something that it will be able to remember?

As I recall, all event 'mons we get from Mystery Gift will have no memory (scary thought...eep!). I'm not sure about the PokéBank Celebi though.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    SO I WAS SOARING RIGHT? And I saw this glimmer right? And I went to it right? And I stuck my hand in the hole and HELLO COBALION but he hit my Crobat who was holding the Rocky Helmet and killed itself. Does Cobalion come back after an E4 match or what? It's not a huge deal if it doesn't because it's not like I don't have a million copies of gen V games or a Cobalion in X I can trade over, but you know. lol

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
    Years
    SO I WAS SOARING RIGHT? And I saw this glimmer right? And I went to it right? And I stuck my hand in the hole and HELLO COBALION but he hit my Crobat who was holding the Rocky Helmet and killed itself. Does Cobalion come back after an E4 match or what? It's not a huge deal if it doesn't because it's not like I don't have a million copies of gen V games or a Cobalion in X I can trade over, but you know. lol

As far as I know, if you accidentally KO Spiritomb/ a Legendary Pokemon in ORAS (or if it knocks out itself), it will "respawn" again after you defeat the Elite Four again :)

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Is there any way downloading it on pc,and if there is not it will be in the future?
    There's no properly working 3DS emulators out right now, so there's no way to play ORAS on your computer. I imagine one day that there will be a functioning 3DS emulator, but who knows when that'll happen.

Nakala Pri

Is there any way downloading it on pc,and if there is not it will be in the future?

Not as far as I know. You'll need a 3DS emulator and when they come out you'll have a hard time finding a neatly programmed one.

In about a year or two, there'll probably be one. :D

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    What point in the game are you at? After you beat Wallace Wattson will appear on the middle square of Mauville and kick off the New Mauville side quest. This also gives you access to Mauville Hills.
    Thanks. I managed to figure it out on my own though by accident in the end though.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Jolly Rayquaza 6/31/26/30, 31/29/30, 31
    ...good enough?

There's no way to know, you didn't provide enough IVs to know what is what (there should be 6, not 4, or 3, or 1)
    Sometimes the IV calculators have "30, 31" displayed for a single perfect IV for some reason. He didn't write 2 different IV spreads. If you take out the 30s, it looks like:

6/31/26/31/29/31

Anyway, I'd say keep it. You have 3 perfect IVs and 2 that are pretty high. The Special Attack IV is a bit wasted because it's Jolly, but you have perfect Attack and Speed IVs which are important, and Jolly Mega Rayquaza wrecks **** hard.

I also have my own question: Where are all the Arceus plates in ORAS?

Years
    I also have my own question: Where are all the Arceus plates in ORAS?

Locations listed below:
    Spoiler:

They are obtained underwater and require trial and error to be found since the Dowsing Machine cannot be used.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back