• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen In-Game Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    I was wondering, having completed Omega Ruby I have not seen the move Bullet Seed once. If I recall correctly, it wasn't given as a TM either.

I don't think I've seen it in XY either.. Has it been removed?

Years

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    You need to use the 3DS camera to scan the QR code while using the PC in your Secret Base. The way to add them is to use the "Find a Secret Base" option under the "Manage QR Code Patterns" menu.

Not sure if they'll work with English copies of the games, but I would think there wouldn't be any issues.

It does not seem like they work with the English versions as I have tried a few of them, and all failed to read. So unless I am doing something wrong, none of the codes will work on English games.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2015
    Accidentally killed Groudon both times.. HELP PLEASE

Hello. When i first encountered Groudon in the story, i accidentally killed him. I heard that if you beat the game(defeat the E4 and the Champion) he reappears in the cave to the left of the entrance to where you first battle him. So i went i beat the game and i went back to the cave(without thinking about strategy) and killed him again, but only by a little :(. So i thought it through again, got some more ultra balls and brought along that stupid cosplay pikachu to paralyze groudon when his health is low to catch him. So i go back, and groudon isnt there anymore :(. I was smart and didnt save, which means my save is still back at the house(begining of the delta episode). I forgot to save before i went back to groudon the second time. Should i soft reset and start it over? Is there another way? Is the only way to beat the E4 again(please god no) Pls help, Thanks.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
    So I'm growing some of the stat-reducing berries (Tamato, Hondew, etc.) and I saw on Serebii that they have a growing time of 8 hours and a maximum yield of 26 (!!!) berries per plant, which is amazing. Couple of questions though if anyone can answer:

1) is that 8 hours real-world time or in-game time?
    2) how is that maximum yield best achieved? How often should the berries be watered?

Thanks!

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    So I'm growing some of the stat-reducing berries (Tamato, Hondew, etc.) and I saw on Serebii that they have a growing time of 8 hours and a maximum yield of 26 (!!!) berries per plant, which is amazing. Couple of questions though if anyone can answer:

1) is that 8 hours real-world time or in-game time?
    2) how is that maximum yield best achieved? How often should the berries be watered?

Thanks!
    Real world hours. Do not forward your game system's clock or time-based events (including berries iirc) will be suspended. As far as watering, it has something to do with the periods, and I'd like to say it's once every four hours, but that may or may not be pulling something from a hat. but it sounds cute anyway 8D; you should get nearly maximum yield as long as you water as soon as you plant and play it safe and check it every few hours.

Years
    A little help?

I may just be an idiot, but I know how to receive secret bases, but I have no clue how to visit them. Can anyone help me with that?

Reec12

Fire Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2015
    whoops! Didn't know I was on reply, I feel so stupid sorry.

Years
    I may just be an idiot, but I know how to receive secret bases, but I have no clue how to visit them. Can anyone help me with that?

Serebii said:
    Sharing your Base
    One of the core aspects of Secret Bases is the ability to share your Secret Base with other players. While in the originals, this was done simply by mixing records, in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire, there are two different ways to do this.

StreetPass: The first is using the 3DS's StreetPass feature. When you have this feature activated, whenever you locally pass another Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire player, it will download the data into your game. It's as simple as that
    QR Code: The second method is to allow for you to share your Secret Base with people around the world. At the PC, you can create a special QR Code for your Secret Base, which is then saved onto your SD card for you to upload. When people scan the QR Code using the Nintendo 3DS camera, they will gain access to your Secret Base

You can also gain the QR Code by accessing the special page on the Pokémon Global Link after you have done the Game Sync. This allows for sharing of the QR Code as well as the checking of teams and locations. You can set privacy settings so friends can see it and scan.
    In-Game Quick Questions & Answers

Hope that helps! n__n

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2015
    Trading from ORAS to XY

I was wondering if Pokémon hatched/caught in ORAS and sent to XY would say that it was met in "Faraway Place"? Off the GTS I received an Entei that has the blue pentagon and the place met says faraway place and then I got an Eevee with the blue pentagon that says it was hatched in faraway place. It made me think Entei was possibly hacked but idk why anyone would hack the Eevee because there's nothing special about it.....

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I was wondering if Pokémon hatched/caught in ORAS and sent to XY would say that it was met in "Faraway Place"? Off the GTS I received an Entei that has the blue pentagon and the place met says faraway place and then I got an Eevee with the blue pentagon that says it was hatched in faraway place. It made me think Entei was possibly hacked but idk why anyone would hack the Eevee because there's nothing special about it.....

That's strange. I sent some Hoenn mon through Pokebank and put them in my Y and it's info says it came from Hoenn (without the time traveling thing Gen III Hoenn transfers have). Chances are it is a hack...or the game acts differently when trading between GTS and through Pokebank. For example the memory girl doesn't mention the OT's name when you transfer Pokemon in between games using Pokebank but she does if you get them through GTS or normal trading.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    Is the Move Reminder able to let Pokémon relearn moves that they already learnt by level-up in a pre-evolved form?

If you don't understand what I mean, here's what I'm asking: I have a Sylveon that knows Baton Pass, which Sylveon can only learn as an Eevee by levelling up to level 33. If I remove Baton Pass from Sylveon in any way, will the Move Reminder allow me to get it back, or is it lost forever because it's from a pre-evolution and Sylveon itself does not ever learn it?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017

That's strange. I sent some Hoenn mon through Pokebank and put them in my Y and it's info says it came from Hoenn (without the time traveling thing Gen III Hoenn transfers have). Chances are it is a hack...or the game acts differently when trading between GTS and through Pokebank. For example the memory girl doesn't mention the OT's name when you transfer Pokemon in between games using Pokebank but she does if you get them through GTS or normal trading.

Lol, SO much misinformation in this reply! :D

Pokemon from the ORIGINAL Hoenn games will say they were from Hoenn, pokemon from Alpha Sapphire or Omega Ruby all say "From a Faraway place" if currently in X or Y I've both transferred my own through poke bank and gotten pokemon in trades from the GTS and they all say the same thing. It's super easy to check, while playing X or Y just put a pokemon on the GTS and ask for a pokemon not normally found in Kalos but is super common in Hoenn (like a level 21 - 30 Baltoy, or a level 1 - 10 Slakoth or something, it may take a few tries because of breeding) but anything that is not a Kalos location will always say "faraway place" ) Oddly enough though, pokemon from X or Y in ORAS will still say their original location (so my Primeape that hatched in Lumiose City still says it was hatched in Lumiose City even though it is currently in Alpha Sapphire) my presumption is this was done in order to help differentiate current Hoenn from original Hoenn pokemon (because you get a special prize for your secret base if you can get a pokemon form original hoenn and there needed to be some way to tell them apart)

Edit: also, if you want an even easier way to check, send the Entei or Eevee back to a OR/AS and it will tell you exactly where it came from instead of from a Faraway Place.

And the memory girl DOES in fact say the original trainer (or to be more precise, the previous trainer it had before the current one it's with) the one I had told me it remembers being named by the original trainer (and how it felt sad, which bummed me out!) and then meeting the current trainer… somewhere. (pokemon that come through poke bank or from events never remember where they're from, it's only the pokemon that were caught/hatched that seem to remember where they're from, and pokemon that were traded remember where they met their current trainer)

Is the Move Reminder able to let Pokémon relearn moves that they already learnt by level-up in a pre-evolved form?

If you don't understand what I mean, here's what I'm asking: I have a Sylveon that knows Baton Pass, which Sylveon can only learn as an Eevee by levelling up to level 33. If I remove Baton Pass from Sylveon in any way, will the Move Reminder allow me to get it back, or is it lost forever because it's from a pre-evolution and Sylveon itself does not ever learn it?

It depends. In your example if you deleted it's move after it became Sylveon then yes, you can in fact re teach it the move. And an interesting side note, i you delete an egg move or pre evo move in X or Y and move that pokemon to OR/AS, the move will STILL be teachable! However, getting back to the point, if you deleted the move while it was an Eevee and then evolved it, I don't know if it would still be re learnable in that situation. I do know the situation you presented would work though because I did it, so since you deleted the move after it evolved you should be fine.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    It depends. In your example if you deleted it's move after it became Sylveon then yes, you can in fact re teach it the move. And an interesting side note, i you delete an egg move or pre evo move in X or Y and move that pokemon to OR/AS, the move will STILL be teachable! However, getting back to the point, if you deleted the move while it was an Eevee and then evolved it, I don't know if it would still be re learnable in that situation. I do know the situation you presented would work though because I did it, so since you deleted the move after it evolved you should be fine.
    Thanks so much! So to 100% confirm, if I went ahead and taught Sylveon Calm Mind via TM and it replaced Baton Pass, it would be able to get Baton Pass back at any time in the future via the Move Reminder?

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2015
    Hey guys,
    I had a few questions regarding the current state of the game and what I should do next.

First I would like to know which game offers more capturable Pokemon from all generations, XY or ORAS?

Second, Since the last time I played a Pokémon game was Red on a gameboy, I was wondering what this extra training is (my pokemon was shooting soccer balls at these targets) and any other of these must know features. If you can explain it layman terms and where I should go if I need more info that would be great.

Third, if I wanted a blue ralts (the only Pokemon I actually liked in my first play through) how would do that if I am starting a new game again?

Fourth, is there a guide out there on the best type of team you can assemble to capture legendaries? In my first play through I managed to easily capture Rayquanza but Kyogyr and Deoxy (or wtv they are called) would not get captured at all.

And lastly, are Absol and Aggron good Pokemon? Besides my Gardevoir I though these two were pretty cool too but they just seemed so useless. Aggron basically died to everything even electricity while Absol was even worse.
    Did I do something wrong or are these guys just crap?
    Thanks!

edit: I was also curious about one thing, why does this site support Roms and emulators, I though those stuff were illegal? another thing that caught my attention was when I was looking through the Trade sub-forum it seemed this site tolerated things like 999 items codes and cloning and etc, mind you I dont get half the stuff the rules post was saying but I never knew these things were possible.
    is it possible to make my game do these things as well? like spawning a random Zaptos in a grass or making a normal charmander into a black one with just a series of A,X,B,Z up/down/right/left keys?
    I dont ask this to cheat or mislead other people but just for my own single player personal enjoyment.

thank you for being so patient and reading this wall of text.

Last edited:

KostK2Boss

Europe Confirmed!!!
    Years
    Answers in bold:
    Hey guys,
    I had a few questions regarding the current state of the game and what I should do next.

First I would like to know which game offers more capturable Pokemon from all generations, XY or ORAS?

X & Y have almost all non-legendary, non-starter Pokemon in it, but a few of them can only be found in Friend Safaris.

Second, Since the last time I played a Pokémon game was Red on a gameboy, I was wondering what this extra training is (my pokemon was shooting soccer balls at these targets) and any other of these must know features. If you can explain it layman terms and where I should go if I need more info that would be great.

To greatly simplify things, Super-Training a certain Stat results in an increase in said Stat. The increase becomes more apparent the more you Super-Train the same Stat and the higher the Pokemon's level is. There are many other things that factor in though, like the Nature of the Pokemon and it's potential. For more info, look up "EV-Training" on Serebii, or Smogon, but prepare to be overwhelmed at first.

Third, if I wanted a blue ralts (the only Pokemon I actually liked in my first play through) how would do that if I am starting a new game again?

ORAS has a new feature called the "DexNav". By defeating the same wild Pokemon again and again (with no other battles in-between and running away doesn't count) you increase the chances of eventually finding a Shiny version of it. In the DexNav you can just click on the icon of the Pokemon you want to encounter and it will appear somewhere on the map and you'll have to slowly sneak up on it.

Fourth, is there a guide out there on the best type of team you can assemble to capture legendaries? In my first play through I managed to easily capture Rayquanza but Kyogyr and Deoxy (or wtv they are called) would not get captured at all.

First, you need a Pokemon with the move False Swipe (you can get a TM from a man in the Rustboro City Mart) OR Hold Back (the Shiny Beldum you get from Mystery Gift has it). That way, you can bring the legendary down to 1 HP, making it much easier to catch. You also need a Pokemon with a move that inflicts Sleep or Paralysis, because those status ailments make it even easier for the legendary to be caught.

And lastly, are Absol and Aggron good Pokemon? Besides my Gardevoir I though these two were pretty cool too but they just seemed so useless. Aggron basically died to everything even electricity while Absol was even worse.
    Did I do something wrong or are these guys just crap?

Absol is a glass cannon, it hits fast and hard but it doesn't take hits too well. Teach it highly offensive moves like Night Slash, Return and Flamethrower and go all out! Aggron is a Physical tank, so it can't sponge Special moves like Thunderbolts and Water Pulses. It's also super-weak to Ground and Fighting moves. Pit it against Normal, Flying, Bug, Poison, or Fairy Pokemon that can do little to no damage to Aggron and retaliate with hard-hitting moves like Heavy Slam, Earthquake or Double-Edge.

Thanks!

You're welcome!

edit: I was also curious about one thing, why does this site support Roms and emulators, I though those stuff were illegal?

It doesn't exactly support them from what I understand. It's complicated. ROM-hacking requires you to have an emulator and a ROM of the original game, but you'll have to Google them or something, because PC doesn't provide links to downloading ROMs.

another thing that caught my attention was when I was looking through the Trade sub-forum it seemed this site tolerated things like 999 items codes and cloning and etc, mind you I dont get half the stuff the rules post was saying but I never knew these things were possible.
    is it possible to make my game do these things as well? like spawning a random Zaptos in a grass or making a normal charmander into a black one with just a series of A,X,B,Z up/down/right/left keys?
    I dont ask this to cheat or mislead other people but just for my own single player personal enjoyment.

Idk about this. The people who have done this have probably used external hacking tools and have done A LOT of reading. I don't think you can just magically make those things happen by pressing some random buttons in the game.

thank you for being so patient and reading this wall of text.

that was a lot of text.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Thanks so much! So to 100% confirm, if I went ahead and taught Sylveon Calm Mind via TM and it replaced Baton Pass, it would be able to get Baton Pass back at any time in the future via the Move Reminder?

As long as it was deleted while your pokemon was Sylveon, I'm going to say Yes because I was able to re teach my Gallade Skill Swap (which I deleted but re taught in Hoenn, it is from Kalos) as well as I am at the move re learner right now and the moves it can be re taught include Confuse Ray and Mean Look, both of which are egg moves and both of which it forgot in Kalos but I am currently in Hoenn and do in fact have the option to teach it either move again. Now, having said that, Gallade was Ralts in Kalos and was not evolved to Gallade until it got to Hoenn, so it would have forgotten the moves when it was Ralts so anecdotally this could show that at ANY point if the pokemon knew that move naturally (not via a T.M. or HM or Move Tutor I don't think) it can relearn it at any time even if it evolve, however I'm not completely sure about that part. All I can verify is if it lost a move in it's current evolution it can re learn it too.

Now as for the other part of your question about it getting the move back at any point in the future, I don't know that either. Between X and Y and Or and As yes, absolutely. In Pokemon Z, Gen 7 games or later, I can't say.

Now onto my question to everybody, I am having the hardest time figuring out the nature I want for Rayquaza. Obviously an Adamant or Modest or Timid or Jolly nature are the go to replies (Adamant or Jolly because Dragon Ascent is physical) But I am really liking the mixed Rayquaza and with Dragon Dance I can see being able to pull of a mixed Rayquaza, however, I only get literally one shot at deciding so I want to be super SUPER sure what to go for. For mixed the thing that always ticks me off is people always suggest Naive nature for mixed SOLELY because "that's the standard" and they don't even question. (Rayquaza is 4x weak to Ice and 10 of the 18 damage dealing ice type moves are special AND the two most common ones, Blizzard and Ice Beam are special, so isn't it kinda brainless to intentionally lower the stat you're 4x weak to to make yourself weaker JUST because other people tell you that's the "standard"? Giving actual reasons is fine, but what happened to critical thinking and not just doing something because someone says "thats what you do!" /rant) Anyway, what nature should I be going for? as I said I was really liking the mixed Rayqauza because it just gives so many more options but what are people opinions on Rayquaza and why? Thanks!

Years
    <snip>
    Anyway, what nature should I be going for? as I said I was really liking the mixed Rayqauza because it just gives so many more options but what are people opinions on Rayquaza and why? Thanks!

Hmm, if you're going to run Dragon Dance and Dragon Ascent I would personally prefer +SpD -Atk or +Def -Atk. Why? You're going to need one or two turns to set up Dragon Dance, so you need to make sure Rayquaza survives those turns. Since both Speed and Atk are increased, I'd render those obsolete, and if you want to make full use of Dragon Dance I'd also add one more physical attack, so that puts less priority on Special Attack as well.

Since you like mixed Rayquaza just keep Special Attack neutral and equip him with one special attack, Dragon Dance, and two physical attacks. Build him a bit bulky so you'll live through the first two turns of setting up Dragon Dance.

This is how I would go about it, but I have no experience AT ALL in competitive battling, so if a more experienced player offers different advice, I'd go with that. I've just offered my two cents on my thought process.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back