• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen In-Game Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clefairies

I'm always chasing rainbows.
Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2016
    Hello all,

I have recently just finished the detla episode and have decided I want to try competitive battling/breeding.

Since I have never done this with prior games I have no pokemon etc, whats the best way to get a perfect IV ditto to start breeding battle ready pokemon?

Any help, advice, will be great. Please PM!

skyburial

Orca Hype
    Years
  • It takes me a couple hours with some, and then I get 5 on the first try with others. Deoxys was particularly nice because it's got so many formes, so you can just go with whatever 5 you get in some cases.

Have you guys had any luck with getting the right Hidden Power spread though? That seems like the real clincher to me in Gen VI.

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Oct 16, 2023
    Well, that sucks. =(
    Can we at least battle other people at their secret bases like on the originals?
    you can battle people in their secret bases, although it is you against a sim controlling copies of their Pokemon :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 4, 2023
    can you encounter shnies easier with dexnav? I mean are their such thing a shiny patch in these games

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • can you encounter shnies easier with dexnav? I mean are their such thing a shiny patch in these games

As Hikamaru mentioned in the previous page, it all boils down to luck when it comes to encountering shinies by chaining with the DexNav. There are no shiny patches either.

Sebastian_Sommer

Rocket grunt
    Years
  • Hello all,

I have recently just finished the detla episode and have decided I want to try competitive battling/breeding.

Since I have never done this with prior games I have no pokemon etc, whats the best way to get a perfect IV ditto to start breeding battle ready pokemon?

Any help, advice, will be great. Please PM!
    Just to let you know, almost all of the dittos that are 6iv are either clones or hacked. If either one doesn't bother you since you simply want it for breeding purpose, then go to the trade threads and ask around for one. There's bound to be someone who has a spare or can clone one, but offer them something good like a shiny pokemon.

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
    Years
  • Well now I'm back, I'm catching legends that I can, so reading from serebii, the 3 uxie, azelf and mesprit, is it random which will pop up? Because it says "Or" on their site, same as with the 3 dogs, also what about regigigas? I have the other 3 and the girl has told me the story up to "you need to bring 3 of it's friends with you" is that the whole story or is there more?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Well now I'm back, I'm catching legends that I can, so reading from serebii, the 3 uxie, azelf and mesprit, is it random which will pop up? Because it says "Or" on their site, same as with the 3 dogs, also what about regigigas? I have the other 3 and the girl has told me the story up to "you need to bring 3 of it's friends with you" is that the whole story or is there more?

You need to nickname registeel (no idea why though) that's apparently important

Years
  • You need to nickname registeel (no idea why though) that's apparently important

It's actually Regice that has to be nicknamed, not Registeel. The Regice also has to hold a Snowball, Never-Melt Ice or Casteliacone. Regigigas will then appear when both conditions are met.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2014
    IV Checker

In the older games, an NPC could be found in certain areas and rate a specific team Pokemon's IV stats. Does anyone know where this person is in OR/AS?

Allgamesdude

The Creator of the WIP game, Pokémon Cosmic. Looki
    Years
  • Regice is NN, just read the info on the timing for the dogs, but the uxie, mesprit and azelf can't figure out.

Uxie Azelf and Mesprit appear in the Nameless Cavern when you bring three pokemon w/ max happiness in ur party to the cave.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back