• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen In-Game Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nakala Pri

I'm sorta on an egg hatching spree, and I'm using the Cycling Road to make speed it up. But it still takes about seven minutes per egg. :(

Is there anywhere else which is quicker, with less turns and bends? If I'm going to breed (for no reason) I kinda need a new and more efficient route.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    I'm sorta on an egg hatching spree, and I'm using the Cycling Road to make speed it up. But it still takes about seven minutes per egg. :(

Is there anywhere else which is quicker, with less turns and bends? If I'm going to breed (for no reason) I kinda need a new and more efficient route.

I've decided to only use my X game for breeding purposes, however, I find the Battle Resort to be a good candidate for egg hatching. Just...bike around the island on the golden sand, I suppose?
    Then again, I've yet to try this. I did however try to hatch an egg at the western route of Mauville, just biking from Vertanturf to the route and vice versa. :/

Years
  • I'm sorta on an egg hatching spree, and I'm using the Cycling Road to make speed it up. But it still takes about seven minutes per egg. :(

There is another Day Care that opens up after the Delta Episode. It is at the Battle Resort. It has one continuous path which makes it easy to bike around and hatch eggs.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apoN_pJg7I8

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Just to avoid spoilers for that *thing* you get at the weather centre:

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2015
    Just to avoid spoilers for that *thing* you get at the weather centre:

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    I seem to have switched the camera oin on the contest spectacular, so that i have now my place as a backdrop to the contest. Any idea how switch it back to the normal background?

destinedjagold

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    I seem to have switched the camera oin on the contest spectacular, so that i have now my place as a backdrop to the contest. Any idea how switch it back to the normal background?

Talk to the (guitarist) guy in front of the counter. He's the one setting up that 'special hologram'. Just tell him to turn it off and it'll be back to normal.

Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2015
    haven't beaten oras yet. is there anything in oras similar to the battle cheateau outside camphrier town where you can battle trainers? i found this feature extremely useful for levelling pokemon and getting money in x.

Frostinite

PrettyFrosty
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 19, 2015
    haven't beaten oras yet. is there anything in oras similar to the battle cheateau outside camphrier town where you can battle trainers? i found this feature extremely useful for levelling pokemon and getting money in x.

Unfortunately not, you have a few places that you can visit each day like the Food Court in Mauville city. If you want to get training in before the league you can check which Trainers you have fought want to re-battle you on the map and you can enter secret bases for battles. Recruit the ones that fork out the most EXP to your base and you can fight them once a day in your own base (meaning less hassle) But there is not anything like the chateau, which i thought was a real nice addition to X and Y Made you feel like you were the best once you beat the entire thing :P

My Question is thus!
    In the Mirage Islands and Caves is it possible to acquire Ditto's with more than 2 perfect IV's?
    I have caught up to around 40 so far and nay one has had 3 or more!
    Plus what does Potential in the DexNav account for? when the 3 stars underneath light up i have seen at most 2 stars.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
    Years
  • How do I get the shiny Beldum? I got the game a few days ago and it says I can receive it via internet on the DS until mid January but mystery gift isn't giving me anything. I got my internet set up but mystery gift has been sitting here searching for like 10 minutes.

Edit: Nvm, I got it.

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Just a thought just now and I kind of forgot what the answer was:
    Can you still use Rest if you already suffer a status effect?
    As long as it's not asleep or frozen, you can use Rest. The sleep effect will replace burn/paralysis/poison, and you won't have any status effects after you wake up (except confusion).

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • How do you get to New Mauville and Mauville Hills? I had expected that we'll need to find Wattson like in the old games but doesn't appear in Mauville (outside of his gym)...he's not in his gym either though last time I went to see him...wait, is he in New Mauville?

arinceo

Eat, Sleep, Pokemon
    Years
  • How do you get to New Mauville and Mauville Hills? I had expected that we'll need to find Wattson like in the old games but doesn't appear in Mauville (outside of his gym)...he's not in his gym either though last time I went to see him...wait, is he in New Mauville?

What point in the game are you at? After you beat Wallace Wattson will appear on the middle square of Mauville and kick off the New Mauville side quest. This also gives you access to Mauville Hills.

Years
  • Does anyone in PC stream on Twitch?
    I'm currently slightly bored while training up a Vullaby so if anyone is streaming right now let me know :)

Also, I'm gonna bump this question since I asked another without properly answering and it still hasn't gotten an answer....plus I am a bit curious about it as well.
    My Question is thus!
    In the Mirage Islands and Caves is it possible to acquire Ditto's with more than 2 perfect IV's?
    I have caught up to around 40 so far and nay one has had 3 or more!
    Plus what does Potential in the DexNav account for? when the 3 stars underneath light up i have seen at most 2 stars.

destinedjagold

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    I cannot seem to scan Secret Base QR codes. It gives me an error, "You have favorited the maximum allowed number of Secret Bases, so the data could not be read," even though I have nothing on my favorites list. :/
    Any thoughts why this is happening?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    What are all the moves that work on the over world in gen 6?

There's been moves that have worked in past games (Rock Climb, Waterfall) on the over world, but don't seem to be used that way in current games, so does anyone know of all the moves that you can use in the over world in the current generation only? (I know that Dive only has a use in ORAS but not X Y, but I would still want it listed) basically I (as well as other people I'm sure) just want to know every possible move that can be used in the over world so we can plan HM and move slaves for the current gen. Thanks!

Nakala Pri

Where can I get the Thunder Stone specifically in Omega Ruby? I really want to evolve my Raichu soon and I don't want to be searching Route 118 for the next ten days. xD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back