• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen In-Game Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2015
    My suggestion would be to try both using the Internet and connect and going 24 full hours without. Also I made the mistake of not hitting the update button on the news app with the dexnav. If you don't manually update the bases and mirage spots don't ever mix in.

Hi! Thanks for the reply. The problem resolved itself after 2 days, luckily XD Thanks again!

timemagetim

Timemagetim
    Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2015
    Aside from the storyline, does the machine in the volcano have a use?

No the machine will never do anything post story other than bring up a line of dialogue. Unless game freak decides to create some event or some such we don't know about yet.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Serebii says Uxie can be found between 20:00 and 21:00, but I haven't been able to interact with it. It's 20:24 right now, so shouldn't I be able to? My time is correct on my 3DS, so I don't know what's up.

Years
  • Serebii says Uxie can be found between 20:00 and 21:00, but I haven't been able to interact with it. It's 20:24 right now, so shouldn't I be able to? My time is correct on my 3DS, so I don't know what's up.

Did you recently change your 3DS's clock? Changing it disables time-based events for around two days.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Did you recently change your 3DS's clock? Changing it disables time-based events for around two days.

I guess that's it. I never changed it when we lost an hour for the dumb DST stuff because I was lazy, though I could have sworn I changed it quite a while back. Oh well, that's the only thing that would make sense really. Thanks!

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Serebii says Uxie can be found between 20:00 and 21:00, but I haven't been able to interact with it. It's 20:24 right now, so shouldn't I be able to? My time is correct on my 3DS, so I don't know what's up.

serebii also says "Times are being finalized" so that may not be the correct time after all.

PsyKiss

Not So Innocent Cutie Pie
    Years
  • Where can I find a Woobat? :(

I've also got a wee problem. Do I get a slam-bam-in-a-can Swoobat or a bad-ass Crobat? >:) I know Crobat is great buuuuuut I love Swoobat!

This is the team I'm planning so far:

Zorua
    Lillipup
    Skorupi
    Sandile
    Woobat (or golbat)
    Deerling
    Meditite

Can someone help to cut the list down? Also, I need a Water type. Any ideas? (A gen 5 one would rock!)

Well, lets see here. I'd cut off Skorupi AND Sandile, as you will already have dark type coverage, and coverage with Poision types with Crobat (btw, go crobat).

Dark, Normal x2 , Poison, Flying, Grass, Fighting, Psychic

You could clear up one of the normal types if you'd like as well, may I reccomend something like Shuppet or Duskull.

As for a water type, I'd go with something that hits the coverage outside of it. Maybe go with something that is more special attack based. Octillery and Kingdra come to mind

Nakala Pri

Well, lets see here. I'd cut off Skorupi AND Sandile, as you will already have dark type coverage, and coverage with Poision types with Crobat (btw, go crobat).

Dark, Normal x2 , Poison, Flying, Grass, Fighting, Psychic

You could clear up one of the normal types if you'd like as well, may I reccomend something like Shuppet or Duskull.

As for a water type, I'd go with something that hits the coverage outside of it. Maybe go with something that is more special attack based. Octillery and Kingdra come to mind

Awwwwwwwwww, they're awesome. xD But I dunno, I've started to make some innovations.

I'm going to use my shiny Swanna, Sinbad. So I can Fly, Surf, Dive and I'll have a slot saved for Brave Bird. :)

Krookodile is REALLY good, but yeah, that Dark type. :( I COULD get a Garchomp but I dunno, it's not really me.

Might use a Deerling. So far I've fell in love with it and I haven't heard much complaints surrounding it.

Drapion is SO GOOD. Love her too much now. 8D Oh yeah, I'm probably gonna ditch my Mankey for a Scraggy. Another dark type. Do you think that it's a good move?

PsyKiss

Not So Innocent Cutie Pie
    Years
  • Actually, when it comes to HMs outside of Surf and maybe Strentgh (has to have a pretty bad movepool.)) I don't use HMs in my team. Dive and Waterfall are good for physical water moves though, with dive being aquatic flavored dig and waterfall just being a flincy aqua tail (actually because of the flinch, waterfall is probs better now)

I just reccomend getting a wailord for your diving nessasarys, as an extra who is more of an HM slave. The best two hm slaves to get in this game are Azumairl (Waterfall, Surf, Dive, Strentgh, Rock Smash), and Linnoone (Rocksmash, Surf, Cut, Strentgh)

Then a flyer for the flying, pref a physical attacker.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    If you've got the Shiny Beldum event, teaching it Rock Smash would be a good thing too. It really only needs Iron Head/Meteor Mash and Zen Headbutt to plow through the game anyway :p Plus, that's extra coverage against Dark-types, so it's a win-win given that there are a lot of rocks to be smashed in Hoenn.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    So I'm fully aware that certain pokemon and mega stones cannot be transferred back to X and Y from OR/AS, HOWEVER, since mega Blaziken has ben available from the first day X and Y were released, has anyone tried trading Sceptile and Swampert to X and Y holding their mega stones? After all, if Blaziken is usable in X and Y, wouldn't logically the other two starters also be available?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • So I'm fully aware that certain pokemon and mega stones cannot be transferred back to X and Y from OR/AS, HOWEVER, since mega Blaziken has ben available from the first day X and Y were released, has anyone tried trading Sceptile and Swampert to X and Y holding their mega stones? After all, if Blaziken is usable in X and Y, wouldn't logically the other two starters also be available?

Mega Blaziken was introduced in X/Y. Mega Sceptile and Mega Swampert were introduced in OR/AS. Going by the logic that OR/AS Mega Stones can't be traded to X/Y, the Blazikenite is tradeable to X/Y, while the Sceptilie and Swampertite can't be traded to X/Y.

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    I've heard that there's some kinda bonus for having a pokemon from an original RSE game brought to your ORAS game. I imagine it's something like a ribbon, or maybe someone gives you a special item?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back