• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen In-Game Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    As long as one of them is from a different region you get more chance. So foreign chansey or foreign ditto wouldnt make any difference. Not sure if foreign for both increases the chance or not but I dont think so.
    If both are foreign and from the same region, they are not considered for Masuda method, I believe. So a JPN Ditto and a JPN Chansey is the same as having your own. They still get the different Trainers Egg boost, however.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Also, (I did skim read the previous posts, so sorry if I missed it if it was already mentioned) don't even bother trying to breed for a shiny until you get the shiny charm which, stacked with the bonus if the Masuda Method, ALSO increases the chance of hatching a shiny

GengarsTeeth

Ghost Breeder
    Years
  • Also, (I did skim read the previous posts, so sorry if I missed it if it was already mentioned) don't even bother trying to breed for a shiny until you get the shiny charm which, stacked with the bonus if the Masuda Method, ALSO increases the chance of hatching a shiny

my shiny charm says it's for wild encounters, does it also increase the chance of shiny eggs as well?

GengarsTeeth

Ghost Breeder
    Years
  • Yes, Masuda Method and Shiny Charm together make the chance 1/512.

thanks, I will try this. Now I just need to choose a pokemon I'd really like a shiny of. I got a Riolu by chance if you'd like a clone of him!? Was the first shiny I bred, has 6IV's as well and a dream ball so he's pretty cool, I did a give away but still have a fewq clones left. I was wanting to trade some shinies with you anyway, I can update my 6th gen list and Pm you it if you like!?

Midnight-Kitteh

Feline and Ghost Trainer
    Years
  • Also, (I did skim read the previous posts, so sorry if I missed it if it was already mentioned) don't even bother trying to breed for a shiny until you get the shiny charm which, stacked with the bonus if the Masuda Method, ALSO increases the chance of hatching a shiny
    Yes I would not be attempting it without the shiny charm.

Years
  • can someone please explain me the move wide guard?
    at first i thought it would be like a protect but for my whole team (in battle), but after using it a few times i realized it doesn't work exactly like protect, help?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    can someone please explain me the move wide guard?
    at first i thought it would be like a protect but for my whole team (in battle), but after using it a few times i realized it doesn't work exactly like protect, help?
    Wide Guard only works against spread moves. So if you use Wide Guard and your opponent uses something like Earthquake or Surf, all Pokemon on your side of the field will be protected from that attack.

Years
  • Wide Guard only works against spread moves. So if you use Wide Guard and your opponent uses something like Earthquake or Surf, all Pokemon on your side of the field will be protected from that attack.

Is there any move that works like protect but that i can use it on my team pokemon?

Exemple: On double battles, i want my mega-gallade to protect my kingdra while it uses focus energy

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Is there any move that works like protect but that i can use it on my team pokemon?

Exemple: On double battles, i want my mega-gallade to protect my kingdra while it uses focus energy
    Stuff like Follow Me and Rage Powder will redirect attacks to the user and away from other Pokemon. So if you had like a Togekiss or something with Follow Me, it would cause all non-spread attacks to target it instead of Kingdra. You can also use Ally Switch to have your 2 Pokemon swap places, potentially letting Kindgra live long enough to set up.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • Is there any move that works like protect but that i can use it on my team pokemon?

furthermore, if you're worried about priority such as Scrafty/Meowstic's Fake Out or Talonflame's Brave Bird, you can use Quick Guard to protect the user and allies during the same turn. It's really useful for maintaining Multiscale, Focus Sash, and general momentum conferred during set-up.

Years
  • Thanks for your advice!
    I'm thinking about maybe usig a pachirisu or Jumpluff or maybe a Volcarona for a supporter for my kingdra. I really liked the combination of scope lens + focus energy. I can 1HKO many pokemon and 2HKO almost every pokemon out there.
    Pachirisu is world famous now, it can run Follow me and some other supporter moves. It is only weak to ground types, and with Ev's on the right place it can be hard to get down. I can even use volt switch so i have a free switch for a bulkier pokemon.
    Jumpluff has better base stats but i've never seen someone using it on competitive play,it can learn Rage powder, it can learn sleep powder, poison powder, toxic, leech seed or stun spore as well as damaging attacks such as acrobatics, giga drain ad u-turn for the free switch. However it is weak to 5 types (4x Ice), this makes it very vulnerable. i will maybe try this one if i can find a hoppip, just to see how it goes.
    Volcarona can also learn Rage powder and it's a much better pokemon than pachirisu and jumpluff, i may also give it a try. A set like Toxic, Rage power, Heat wave and giga drain may do the job too.

What do you guys think?

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • Thanks for your advice!
    I'm thinking about maybe usig a pachirisu or Jumpluff or maybe a Volcarona for a supporter for my kingdra. I really liked the combination of scope lens + focus energy. I can 1HKO many pokemon and 2HKO almost every pokemon out there.
    Pachirisu is world famous now, it can run Follow me and some other supporter moves. It is only weak to ground types, and with Ev's on the right place it can be hard to get down. I can even use volt switch so i have a free switch for a bulkier pokemon.
    Jumpluff has better base stats but i've never seen someone using it on competitive play,it can learn Rage powder, it can learn sleep powder, poison powder, toxic, leech seed or stun spore as well as damaging attacks such as acrobatics, giga drain ad u-turn for the free switch. However it is weak to 5 types (4x Ice), this makes it very vulnerable. i will maybe try this one if i can find a hoppip, just to see how it goes.
    Volcarona can also learn Rage powder and it's a much better pokemon than pachirisu and jumpluff, i may also give it a try. A set like Toxic, Rage power, Heat wave and giga drain may do the job too.

What do you guys think?
    try this

Lucifer

Fallen1
    Years
  • How in Fallharbor town do I obtain Galladite? Serebii.net says only Fallharbor town and I've looked around everywhere.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back