• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

About: Introducing PokéCommunity's new badge system!

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years

• Hi everyone, I'm here to announce that PokéCommunity finally has a new badge system! If you've been hanging out on our Discord recently your forum PM box might just have been graced with the sudden appearance of a random pair of sunglasses. Well, this is no random erik destler-ism, but actually one of our new set of badges! Badges are handed out to members for participation in various sections and events.

But, you ask, isn't that emblems? There's a big difference - badges that you've received will appear on your posts and can be customized to fit into your flair! Badges also come in four different tiers - bronze for members who meet the requirements, silver for those who excel, gold for members who go above and beyond, and the ancient and obscure "off-colour" badges whose conditions for acquiring are shrouded in mystery.

You can see an up-to-date list of badges here! You can also see the badges you've obtained in the "Badges" tab of your profile.

So, you've obtained your first badge! Now how do you display it on your posts? You can choose up to four of your badges to display on your posts - to choose your badges, visit the flair editor. You'll see an interface that looks something like this:

(Note that you will only see this menu if you have at least one badge.)

You can choose your badges there and mess around with the solid, light, and colourless options to find the one that best fits your flair style. If you don't want to display badges on your posts at all, simply deselect all of them. They'll still appear on your profile!

That's about it! Enjoy your new badges everyone~ if you have any feedback on this feature, the Developers or Admins would love to hear it! Keep an eye on this thread as we'll be updating it with new badges as we go along.

Last edited:

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Waaaah, this is so sick. I was surprised when I logged into a badge PM...

Love this!

edit: oh god, christmas time it is for our names, i see..

also just saw the profile bit about how Emblems are dying in 3.0, r.i.p emblems... we had good times.

Looking forward to seeing what badges come around, though!

Last edited:

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Wait a second....

I can't see my badge if I'm using Forever Standing.

Boo :(

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Badges are an addition worthy of a Pokemon forum. Love it. Great job to all involved!

Back