• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Iris: "What A Kid!"

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Someone should do a remix or parody or rehash or whatever it is from that video clip.

*kicks AK47 out of the thread* XP

I agree with what Iris says, but it is starting to get annoying by using the same phrase. Like someone said earlier, if they worded it differently now and then, it wouldn't be as annoying.

To the people saying that Misty did the same thing and much worse than what Iris is doing, well, back when Misty was around, we were all little, and we didn't mind it as much, and it was entertaining to me at least instead of being irritating.

There was one part where Ash didn't know where to go next, and Iris's "kid" line was uncalled for. You can't expect him to know a region that's new to him by heart. That time was not cool. And the way she keeps saying it is becoming an insult to Ash. If he wasn't the kid and was really acting older, he'd tell Iris to shut up right away if she knew what's good for her. Gym leader or not.

"No need to worry" wasn't as annoying as this is. That phrase wasn't told every episode.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
  • Oh man now "No need to Worry" was really annoying compared to "What a kid" at least that makes it funny for her saying it to Ash instead of them saying "No need to worry". It sometimes feels as if they say it every single episode.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I like it when Iris says that. It's much better than: "No need to worry". Which is as annoying as ever. But it's getting a bit annoying.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
  • Iris would make a bad tutorial guide, say if you were playing some RPG for the first time and you were making mistakes, she'd tag along and say those things. Would easily get me angry.

Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2012
    It got annoying the first episode i heard it. Whats almost as annoying as well is Ash just randomly throwing pokeballs at wild pokemon. 32 badges later and he still doesnt know the proper way to catch a Pokemon? Gimme a break. Makes him look like an idiot.

Years
  • I seriously don't know why people are getting so worked up, Misty did it much more. Heck, Misty was even abusive.

Ash should seriously be the one getting annoyed, not us lot. xD

If anything I agree with Iris, he needs to grow up. I think she's even noticed he hasn't aged at all.

the thing about misty doing is the fact that Ash was a kid back then but iris is like what 5 years his junior?

but what i have realised is that after each season ash goes back to being 10, his pikachu back to level 1 and its like he never accomplished anything ever.

When paul was talking about all of his achievements last season i wanted ash to just get and say "i did that too and better than you"

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Watching that video, it made me feel a bit annoyed. But on the anime, I don't really feel annoyed by Iris saying that particular line.

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2016
    its kind of annoying. She says it twice an episode. Get a new catch fraze.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Annoying D: I found Dawn's "no need to worry" cute. I suppose Iris's is annoying since it's supposed to be funny, but after these few times, it's worn out already :S I wonder, did Iris say "you're such a kid" more times than Dawn said "no need to worry" the first few episodes? :P Haha, that's something for someone to find out...

Mondenn

Wants to be the very best!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2012
    For me i guess it depends on what situation she is calling him a kid for, if it's Pokemon gym related it bothers me since he's beaten like HOW MANY GYMS? XD and elite fours!

joacen

Starter Pokemon: Oshawott
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2011
    It's starting to get really annoying for me. I was hoping Iris wouldn't be as annoying as Dawn. She's not quite there yet, but if she says that phrase at least every other episode, she just might reach Dawn status (but, in "Saving Darmanitan from the Bell," Iris didn't call Ash a kid, which was a plus for me).

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I didn't mind when Iris was saying that line the first time, and I found it somehow funny as the series went on because she thinks that Ash is immature, though Ash has been on his journey for a very long time.

Yurusumaji

The Collector
    Years
  • This line is why I hate Iris. It was fine the first time, but by the second time she said it I was already starting to get annoyed. Now that she says it twice every episode I just keep wishing I could murder her.

CommanderPigg

Dento used bishie sparkles!
    Years
  • Psh, you guys...KODOMO NE??

It was funny and cute the first few times, especially when she's proven wrong later. But after a while, I kind want some justification for her saying that :p

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2011
    I don't care, it seems fine to me though. Nothing special..

Back