• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is pokémon your favorite franchise?

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
  • Definitely my favourite franchise. Nostalgia has a huge part on that, seeming as I don't do much Pokemon-related stuff outside PC and Showdown actually.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I've never thought too much about my favorites, but if I had to sit down and rank franchises, Pokémon is far and away my #1. I've noticed over the years that I spend less time focused on game franchises and the like than I used to, and I suspect that's a natural progression. As that's happened, though, I've found myself opting to play Pokémon rather than playing other games. E.g., when I was 10 or so, I liked Pokémon better than other series, but I still spent a lot of time playing a bunch of other franchises. Now that I have less time for games, I've opted to cut out most of the franchises besides Pokémon (I still occasionally play Mario, Animal Crossing, and Zelda titles, but not that often), but I still play a lot of Pokémon.

When I was younger, I assumed that I would outgrow Pokémon. Apparently, that hasn't happened, and I'm happy with that. I'm sure that a bunch of Pokémon's appeal for me lies in its nostalgia value, and I'm not sure I'd try it today if I had never played it before, but as it is, I love the franchise. While I don't do as much with it as I sometimes did years ago (e.g., I don't watch new TV episodes anymore, though I still enjoy watching my Indigo League and Orange Island DVDs that I bought a couple of years ago), I still love Pokémon, and suspect that the franchise will always remain near to my heart.

GoldenHouou

Abstract Nonsense
    Years
  • I like Pokémon, but it's not my number one.

It gets the spot as being the franchise I have been into the longest, though.

Years
  • Hm... I'm not entirely sure. I would say other than MLP at the moment (and possibly Doctor who and animation such as Disney), than yes. Well... ok saying all that kinda took things out of context, but you know what I mean. XD

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Not by a long shot. In fact, the cute girl trainers are pretty much the only appeal the series has for me anymore.

My favorite franchise? By far, it's gotta be Quality Inns and Suites.

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2014
    Yes, it is my favorite. Ever since I was a child, I always want to play pokemon whether it is gameboy, pc, mobile etc.. I really like adventure games like that. I even dreamed of pokemon wherein I am a trainer! LOL

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2014
    KH or bust. Pokemon, despite it being a major part of my childhood, doesn't stand to KH or FF.

Years
  • I'm hardly in the Pokemon fandom outside posting around on this forum but as far as franchises go it's definitely my favorite. I've loved this series since I was 8 years old and my interest has not at all dwindled since, especially not when new, fresh things keep being brought up to re-ignite my love.

Sooo fandoms-wise it's quite low on my list but when it comes to immersing myself in Pokemon it'll be my #1. Once I'm not as poor I'll be bringing home many more cute Pokemon merchandise. :')

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • I'd say that X and Y managed to get it up about equal to Kirby, so it's a tie between the two as far as Console franchises go.

Years
  • Tough question. I think Yes, because I've spent so many hours playing the Pokemon games, as is shown in the games themselves, that saying they aren't would be a lie. Others come close, but the series has a special place in my heart and has helped me through rough patches in life countless times. It's amazing how little things like defeating a new Gym leader or catching a rare Pokemon can change ones' mood so quickly and drastically.

Ponyta

Diamond Hooves
    Years
  • Maybe when I was younger, but I can safely say now it's in my top 3 due to taste change, and such. I always do have the most current thing in pokemon, and do buy little things that catch my eye on occasion

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    Yeah, Pokemon is my favorite franchise right alongside the Mario franchise.

Whaaat? I love me some Pokemon. I grew up with it and it's been stuck on me since day one.
    Can't say I have any complaints. <3

Back