• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is pokémon your favorite franchise?

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
    Nope, Pokemon isn't my fave franchise. It wouldn't even make it to the top 10.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    It probably is in my top 3. I'm one of those people who doesn't really keep up with it, but when a main series game comes out I'll always get a copy. Which makes me have a little craze with it, but that usually dies out once I beat the game lololol. I always love it though and I've followed it all these years. I'm just not that die hard for anything.

Years
    I don't know about my favourite. I've never really thought about numbering my top 3. I love them all equally. They include:
    -Pokemon
    -Kingdom Hearts
    -The Sims

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2014
    Yeah I'd say it's one of my favourites alongside Sonic the Hedgehog which as of late I'm not too interested in.

Years
    To be honest, Pokemon is low on the favourite franchise list :c I don't have a solid opinion on it simply because I've only played one game, and watched the older anime series. Though I am a fan of the Pokemon themselves.

Arrow

I'd like to be a tree :3
    Years
    It's among my favourites. It's been with me since I was 3 and I don't plan on giving it up anytime soon. Although I have been getting into other franchises, such as Legend of Zelda, Mario, MLP, Homestuck, Adventure Time,etc.

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2024
    My favorite gaming franchise, definitely. Has been for eleven years now, and I have no plans to give it up anytime soon.
    ~MistressofMightyena~

UB3R_N00B

I am UB3R_N00B! Watch me fail!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2014
    Pokémon is definitely my favorite franchise! I couldn't imagine growing up in my house hold back in the day without Pokémon! There was a lot of abuse from my moms ex-husband(not my real dad, he passed away) directed towards my mother and since I was so young I could't stop it so I would hide in my playroom (have since moved and am 20yrs old, no more playroom for me heh) and play my see through purple gameboy color with Pokémon Blue Version and then eventually Pokémon Crystal Version! I honestly believe that if it wasn't for this franchise I wouldn't be around anymore, it was the only thing keeping me sane and it still is to a certain extent but now I have a fiancé, my mom and Pokémon and it is amazing! Wouldn't trade any of those three things for all the money in the world!

Thanks so much to those who created Pokémon! If it wasn't for you, who knows where I might have been!

UB3R_N00B

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
    Years
    I've been following Pokemon the third longest out of any franchise (DC comics being first and Power Rangers being second, and Pokemon since the Gen 1 games and the original Anime), but as far as my priorities go, I follow a few more franchises closer than I do Pokemon.

1. DC Comics (and all related properties and media)

2. Liverpool FC (a football/ soccer team)

3. A Song of Ice and Fire/ Game of Thrones (a FANTASTIC book series and a FANTASTIC television show based on the aforementioned book series)

4. Pokemon (Although I enjoy the Batman Arkham series and God of War series a bit more as far as gameplay goes, I feel most relaxed and at home with the Pokemon game franchise)

5. Kamen Rider/ Super Sentai/ Power Rangers

Last edited:

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    When it comes to gaming, probably. Or at least tied with The Sims. To be honest though, I'm a casual gamer, so Pokemon and The Sims series are pretty perfect for me. And actually, lately I haven't even played anything besides these two.

And besides gaming, I do other Poke-stuff as well; I watch the anime and I sometimes read Adventures and fan comics, and I look up pretty Poke art. And then there's this community of course, though truth be told, it is the only forum where I'm active.

Kenna18155

Kenna18155
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Dec 1, 2020
    Well, I wouldn't call myself "devoted," but I've bought almost all the games as well as a few hacks. Sometimes I lose interest, but I hop right back into the games eventually. Pokémon has been there for me since the beginning, and is definitely the best game series I've ever played.

Last edited:

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    Totally. The reason is because it's actually my most played game. I could easily play it all day without getting bored. I think it's because where the 3DS is more of a handheld, that I can take it where I go. Honestly, I hardly ever buy any other games for my 3DS that aren't pokemon, aside from getting Disney Magical World anyway.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    It's a three way tie between Final Fantasy, Digimon, and Pokemon. Any time a game for any of the franchises comes out I have to buy it and every day that goes by without me having it the thought of not having it haunts me. Like right now I don't have Digimon Dusk, Pokemon X or Y, or FF VII, so every night I have dreams involving characters from those three games.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    The Pokemon series has many things that I love: the games, the anime, the manga even the cards. However it is not my favorite series of all time. It's in my top 5 it may even be my second favorite but nothing an separate me from my favorite series: The Smash Bros. series. I have grown up with both series being a big part of my life as a video gamer. Both series are very important to me, but the Smash Bros. series beats every other series 100 times over for me.

Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2020
    All in all - yes, it's my favorite franchise.

There are a few others that I particularly like(d) - The Elder Scrolls and Grand Theft Auto come to mind first - but Pokemon is notable in that it's the only one in which the games have gotten better with every single new installment. GTA managed to do that through San Andreas, but then it backslid with IV, and TES actually gets WORSE with every new installment.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2015
    Hmmm I'm not too sure :/ It's certainly up there though :3

Tlachtli

Crit happens.
    Years
    Although I wouldn't put any individual Pokemon game at the top of my list, the franchise as a whole is probably still my #1. Off the top of my head, my top 5 franchise list would probably look something like:

1. Pokemon
    2. Legend of Zelda
    3. Metal Gear
    4. Souls series (Demons' and Dark Souls)
    5. Mass Effect

The last 3 may change order around a little, but that's more or less it.

Back