• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is that... a baby Togepi?

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    Now, this hypothetical question because some argued that Togepi IS in fact a baby pokemon, and other's don't.

Say you're in a pokemon universe, where of course, pokemon are real. What if right here and now, you hear a doorbell ring from your front door. When you open the door, you look left and right, but no one is there.

Then, you look down. You see a togepi, fast asleep in a brown basket with a red blanket over it. Now, at this point, what would you do -- What would you do if you saw a togepi on your doorstep? Would you take care of it, make someone else raise it, or something else?

Years
    I'd take it to the nearest Pokecenter so the proper people could take care of it. If I lived in the Pokeuniverse I'd probably only have one or two Pokemon. Ain't nobody got time to raise all the Pokemon that get left on their doorstep.

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2018
    I would either bring it to a Pokecenter or go to Cerulean City and see if Misty wants a Togepi again. Togepi is cute but was kinda annoying with all the noise making it made, and it wandered off too much.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    I really wouldn't be able to handle the cuteness. I would keep it and raise it. I think I'd actually keep it as a Togetic.

Years
    I'd likely keep it as one of my main Pokemon and raise it the best I can, I actually don't really like Togetic but one day it'll be a Togekiss and then I can fly anywhere with a cool, fluffy...thing.

EthanoicAcid

professional chicken nugget inspector
    Years
    I'd raise that precious sunshine egg as if it were my son.
    I mean, it would basically be my son, but still. :P
    Baby Pokemon are my life, and taking care of one would be so much better than taking care of a human baby, IMO.
    Maybe I'd raise it into a lovely Togekiss. That way I could have a buddy who doubles as a vehicle.

Years
    While my heart says absolutely, I'd have to think if I'd do the same thing right now if someone left a puppy or a kitten on my doorstep in the same situation. Maybe me in the Pokemon world has different priorities, but if the only difference between this hypothetical and real life was the existence of Pokemon, I'd sadly have to give it away. I'd make sure it was to someone I knew and trusted though, because if I'm not able to give the baby Togepi the love and care it deserves, I want to make sure it will still get it so that it could someday evolve into a Togetic/Togekiss if it wanted.

Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2016
    Oh my gosh. So agreeing with many of you, togekiss is amazing. Like absolutely beautiful. But I don't think I'd have the capacity to raise a child. Like, Misty carries Togepi literally everywhere and when she doesn't, it has run off somewhere. So I would bring atogepi to a pokemon center, and even help find Togepi a good home!
    Ps are there any wild Togepis?! I'm only on season 3 in the anime!

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
    I'd definitely take it in and keep it. If I were in the PokeUniverse I'd have quite a bit of pokemon..including my giant Groudon I have .-.; but i'd keep it and take care of it and probably keep it as Togetic :3 <3

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Of course I'd take it in! I couldn't imagine just leaving Togepi there. I think it'd be a lot of effort to raise Togepi happily but I'd try my best. Hopefully my caretaking would be good enough to allow Togepi to evolve into Togekiss. Having a Tokegiss would be amazing. It's one of the most gentle Pokemon out there and it can fly you around. I'd happily take in any Togepi that gets dumped on my doorstep - whether it's one or twenty of them.

Back